Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #26
Empty_Purple_Stars

I suppose Wolverine is Gay now too.

http://24.221.29.102/images/X2_14.jpg

[IMG]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.**********/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/x2__x_men_united/_group_photos/halle_berry16.jpg[/IMG]

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #27
ExistentialDisorder

i wish he was... *big gay sigh* but no... and he's fictional anyway so i don't think he counts

i think its the leather guys in chaps that have produced the leather = gay stereotype anyway.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #28
Empty_Purple_Stars

Well 655322 brought up Ole Arnie from the Terminator, so I thought it was relevant.

Besides, it does make a semi-decent point.

The mainstream directors and producers in Hollywood do heaps of Demographic research before they shoot a multi-million dollar picture.

That being said, I don't think they would outfit sterotypical Baddies, like The Terminator or Wolverine in Leather pants if the were going to be viewed by the mainstream audience as anything less than Straight and Virile.

As far as the Assless Chaps go, I saw LOTS of those at The Westheimer Arts Festival around Mary's Biker Bar in Houston back in the day. o.0

There is something unforgettable about a mans hairy ass when wearing a pair of those.

*twitch*
Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #29
tenet_2012

I wear leather pants.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

There is something unforgettable about a mans hairy ass when wearing a pair of those.

*twitch*
Kind of like a big pair of flies eyes. Sorry E_P_S

Ok, in all seriousness....

gkb, unfortunately, certain items of clothing and styles of dressing have been stereotyped with certain subcultures or lifestyles. This is a fact. However, it is also absurd.

In Terminator 3 Arnie gets his outfit (including the black leather pants) from a "gay" male stripper. The exact same items of clothing when worn by the male stripper are "gay", no-one who has seen the film would argue with that. But as soon as Arnie puts them on, they aren't "gay" anymore. They are rebellious bad ass biker clothes.

1) If you are a sensitive caring type of person who rides a scooter, and you wear leather pants, people will assume you are gay.
2) If you are a bad ass type of person who rides a Harley or a chopper, and you wear leather pants, people will get the fuck out of your way.

Leather pants are an attention grabbing item of clothing. People will notice. This is why people wear leather pants.
Don't be surprised by the stereotypical reactions. If you are comfortable with your fashion, their opinion shouldn't matter to you anyway. If the reactions are disconcerting, I suggest getting rid of the uncomfortable buggers.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:10 AM   #31
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
Hi all.

Over the last few weeks I have been going out round the pubs and clubs, wearing my usual non-work outfit of: dr.martens, leather trousers, and unmarked black t-shirt / hoodie.

For some reason on these nights out I have been getting a load of people asking me if I am gay!

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against gay men or women, indeed when I was in university a few of my friends were gay ; it’s just that I am heterosexual myself , and I have never seen or known any gay people dress the way I do.

Has anyone else here had comments like this made to them on nights out?

This has been baffling me.
Hi GKB, Welcome to g.net!

Ah don't worry about it, I get this all the time. Just ignore them, if you can't, just smile and carry on. After a while it becomes funny and they'll feel stupid because they asked.
Come to think of it, there are many people here in Manchester who can't tell if I'm male or female. o_O Though I'd love to be the later!

What matters is you know yourself. I don't think peoples sexuality is anyone else's business. Hope this helps.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #32
tenet_2012

I can feel the flames coming for you.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:35 AM   #33
gkb

Interesting responses.

They seem to contradict each other; still I’m still none wiser as to the gay accusations.

It’s never really bugged me – I just shrug my shoulders and walk off.

Just always wondered why certain people make that assumption.

Wise Child – there is no way they would fit you as I’m 6ft tall. :-)

I tend to get attention from women as well (which is the kind of attention I want), so I can’t moan too much.

I suppose I could dress like the mob – shirt, jeans, and stupid David Beckham cut, but that’s really boring.

Dressing the way I do does grab attention, but when I go to clubs I want offers from women, so one of the reasons I dress that way is to get myself noticed. It's a high risk high reward strategy, but that's my life philosophy in a nutshell.
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:46 AM   #34
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
Wise Child – there is no way they would fit you as I’m 6ft tall. :-)
i'm 6ft, how bout i give them a try? I don't care about being called Gay and besides I come from a family of Ruby players. You want to see how friendly men can get all you have to do is get a Ruby teem drunk.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #35
gkb

I assume you mean rugby.

That’s a frightening thought.

It would make a good Romero style film mind – “attack of the drunken rugby players”.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:01 AM   #36
UltraNEO*

Hmm.. maybe you guys/gals should visit Manchester's Gay Village! Where all the horny men hang... OMG! Walking down Canal Street dress in full biker's leathers causes so many problems... dunno is it me, my leathers or a mixture.

It seems like we live in a country where everyone just wants to take the piss out of one another. So sad.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:20 AM   #37
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi'ark
i'm 6ft, how bout i give them a try? I don't care about being called Gay and besides I come from a family of Ruby players. You want to see how friendly men can get all you have to do is get a Ruby teem drunk.
Hey! I asked first! They're mine! *grabs leather pants and runs away* I can, um... crop them? Or something.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #38
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I can feel the flames coming for you.
Urge to flame is replaced by laughter.

Tenet just saved someone's ass! How 'bout that?

You should be ashamed!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #39
Catch

Leather pants are attractive and I don't think it's considered "gay" in Europe. However, you know, it could be the hair.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #40
Empty_Purple_Stars

I think this probably qualifies as well.

http://www.miscellaneousetc.com/imag...e_gay_hair.jpg
Old 03-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #41
WolfMoon

Everyone knows that there are just as many gay haircuts as there are gay articles of clothing!

What?

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 AM   #42
gkb

Well, for many years I had black, straight shoulder length hair.

If that was a gay hairstyle I will eat my mouse mat.

However, three months ago I cut it all off and went for a shorter look.
It was the worst decision I have ever made, as people kept saying I looked like Christopher Eccelestone, and I am currently growing my hair back – which can’t happen quickly enough.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #43
Hillary

gay or not

people always assume I'm bi or a dyke because I wear all black. Everyone is surpirsed when I tell them I'm not.
Hillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #44
Minyaliel

Black leather pants on a guy is seriously _hot_, especially combined with a nice, white shirt
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #45
spookypurple

Oh, I used to get that. Stuff 'em, I say.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #46
Virulent Dryad

Well some people say I have a body like Monica Belluci and others say I look like a dyke, so I think people are just stupid and don't know what they are talking about.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #47
Virulent Dryad

Ah yeah, good point.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #48
Solumina

The sad thing is that there are a bunch of people that don't think it is a hurtful word. I even had a sex ed. teacher that thought it was perfectly acceptable word to use when talking about lesbians, in and out of the classroom.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:50 AM   #49
gkb

ahhhh

Thanks for the post Minyaliel - now THATS the reaction I want out of women!
Old 05-31-2006, 04:44 AM   #50
Minyaliel

hehehehe *grins* no problem
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote