Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
Beautiful_Disgrace

can YOU tell the difference? Emo or Goth

GOTHS OF EVERY RACE, RELIGION, OR KIND!
HAVE YOU BEEN MISTAKEN?
Okay sorry for the lame introduction...any way, I've noticed something.
Whenever I walk down the hallways of my school, people would stare at me and say: "EMO", "POSER". I think the world has gone nuts! I recently went to searching in some online dictionary and looked for EMO, it said that "EMO is less dark than goth, they cry a lot (wahahahaha), and they kill themselves." Try going to my school and they'll call you EMO or POSER, but I'm gonna change all that. This Speechfest(if you don't know what this is: poems, songs and drama), this January, I'm gonna march up the stage and prove to everyone I AM GOTH!
"EMOS HATE THEMSELVES
GOTHS HATE EVERYONE
EMOS KILL THEMSELVES
GOTHS KILL EVERYONE"
I don't kinow if this is true but if anyone's got some comments, drop a message in my email.
Beautiful_Disgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
Noumi

Maybe you dress like one, dont you?
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful_Disgrace
This Speechfest(if you don't know what this is: poems, songs and drama), this January, I'm gonna march up the stage and prove to everyone I AM GOTH!
"EMOS HATE THEMSELVES
GOTHS HATE EVERYONE
EMOS KILL THEMSELVES
GOTHS KILL EVERYONE"
I don't kinow if this is true but if anyone's got some comments, drop a message in my email.
No. Just, no.

Let me phrase: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT SAY THAT. O_o Please.

1) We don't need that rap.

2) You might end up in jail and all over the front page news, as 'threatening' violence with your last statement.

Try:

Emos whine about how hard life is in the backseat of mama's BMW
Goths whine about how <insert band of choice> sounds like everyone else with their latest album.

Emos spend exorbitant amounts of time proving they're hardcore by harming themselves and threatening suicide.
Goths spend exorbitant amounts of time proving they are innocent of self-harm and suicidal tendancies.

(Even that's not a fair statement, but better that the suggested)

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Breathless Horror

DON"T

Do not, under ANY circumstance, say that. We don't need anymore of the "Goths are violent, dangerous and hate everyone" bullshit. It's not true. I'll repeat that in case anyone missed that. It's completely fucking untrue!

Goth is about many things. Hate and violence aren't any of them. Music? Yes. Fashion? Sure. Literature and art? Why not? NO VIOLENCE OR HATE!

Try telling them about the differences in music. You could compare Sex Gang Children or Siouxsie to MCR. You could talk about fashion. Emo fashion is typically skinny jeans and a hoodie, usually with converse all stars or the like. Goth fashion usually involves boots and a fair amount of fishnets, but is far more fluid and leaves more room for creativity.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Dude, fuck you. You'd just be giving a bad name to both emos and goths. We don't need that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
NachtSorcier

Do you really want to contribute to the already poor reputation our community has? If you really want to preach on the differences between Goth and Emo, make your statements positive rather than negative.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
Graveyard.Crow

This just pissed me off.
You also don't need to diss another subculture (or whatever emo is now days) in order to praise the one you like.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
L'Oiseau Noir

As it has been said before...

DO NOT SAY THAT STUPID SHIT.

The last thing we need is some dunderhead tarnishing the already-sullied reputation of the Gothic subculture. Just shut your big, ignorant mouth! We don't fucking hate everyone and everything, and we don't fucking kill everyone else either! We're normal people who simply happen to have a different taste in music and fashion, or literature, movies, whatever--point is, we aren't not some hateful subculture like you're portraying us as! Ever hear of this saying:

THINK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

If you absolutely MUST explain yourself to the idiotic masses in your school, do it in a less childish way--do some fucking research first and use that as the basis of your argument. Your twisted views of what "Goths" are will just make everything worse for the lot of us. We've already had Columbine, and a chain of other events where Goths were the ones who were blamed, simply because some moron decided to say: "Hey guys, I'm a fucking Goth and I'm like, so hardcore because I listen to Marilyn Manson, wear big stompy boots from Hot Topic, and absolutely hate everyone and everything just because it sets me apart from everyone else."

Do us a favor and keep your uninformed mouth shut, or do the fucking research. Take a pick.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. I apologize for all the cuss words to you all--I tend to write like that when I'm angry.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Going to Speechfest, a festival that seems to center itself around free speech and poetry, to bitch about the minuscule characteristics that make you want to fit into an adjective as if that were the only way to have a personality?
That's retarded, egocentric, offensive, and sad.
I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with society by the minute.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

You're basically asking for people to continue to call you emo and a poser. Because people will think you're just an emo on a homicidal rampage.

You're also going to give actual goths a bad rep.

And you're asking for bad attention from adult figures who might think you're little "speech" is actually a threat.

In conclusion....

DON'T SAY STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT!!!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
KontanKarite

Actually... wouldn't it be more goth to just... not give a damn weather people call you either?

Goth is a nice identity to have, but being you is a better identity. It took me a while to reconcile that. You should do the same. You don't need a power word to justify who you are and those people... pffft. They don't justify who you are either.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #12
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
HAVE YOU BEEN MISTAKEN?
Whenever I walk down the hallways of my school, people would stare at me and say: "EMO", "POSER". I think the world has gone nuts! I recently went to searching in some online dictionary and looked for EMO, it said that "EMO is less dark than goth, they cry a lot (wahahahaha), and they kill themselves." Try going to my school and they'll call you EMO or POSER, but I'm gonna change all that. This Speechfest(if you don't know what this is: poems, songs and drama), this January, I'm gonna march up the stage and prove to everyone I AM GOTH!
"EMOS HATE THEMSELVES
GOTHS HATE EVERYONE
EMOS KILL THEMSELVES
GOTHS KILL EVERYONE"
So, basically, you're planning on proving everyone who has ever called you "emo" or "poser" that they are 100% correct. Good plan.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
KontanKarite

Emo doesn't exist or at least... it's not as noticeable as you would think.

Emotive Hardcore Punk is rare. Probably more rare than goth or any other kind of punk. It's too bad it didn't get much of a chance to blossom into something it could have been.

REAL Emos don't have a uniform as such. In fact, from my understanding of it all, punks in general don't have a certain look, so how could you even know who's an emo and who isn't?

Maybe if you stopped wearing fishnet shirts and tight black skinny jeans with lots of eyeliner, people wouldn't call you emo.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #14
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Do not, under ANY circumstance, say that. We don't need anymore of the "Goths are violent, dangerous and hate everyone" bullshit. It's not true. I'll repeat that in case anyone missed that. It's completely fucking untrue!

Goth is about many things. Hate and violence aren't any of them. Music? Yes. Fashion? Sure. Literature and art? Why not? NO VIOLENCE OR HATE!

Try telling them about the differences in music. You could compare Sex Gang Children or Siouxsie to MCR. You could talk about fashion. Emo fashion is typically skinny jeans and a hoodie, usually with converse all stars or the like. Goth fashion usually involves boots and a fair amount of fishnets, but is far more fluid and leaves more room for creativity.
I wear a hoodie and I have a pair of Converse.. I MUST BE AN EMO!

Quote:
HAVE YOU BEEN MISTAKEN?
"EMOS HATE THEMSELVES
GOTHS HATE EVERYONE
EMOS KILL THEMSELVES
GOTHS KILL EVERYONE"
Move along, people.. let's not feed the troll....
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...555/trolls.jpg
Old 12-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
(heartofflames)

This is a wall. I am going to bash my head into it.
But before I do, let me just say that I am FREAKING TIRED of all the "emo/goth O_O THERE'S A HUUUGE DIFFERENCE" threads. This one was just.....overkill. You sound like a suicide bomber saying his prayers to Allah. Good luck in the real world, buddy.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #16
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I wear a hoodie and I have a pair of Converse.. I MUST BE AN EMO!

Move along, people.. let's not feed the troll....
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...555/trolls.jpg
I apologize, that came out a little wrong. I too have hoodies and a pair of converse (two, actually). I was just saying that in my experiance, which is sadly limited to my school and one other, roughly 90% of the emos wore black hoodies with skinny jeans and all stars. I didn't mean to imply that to wear them makes you emo, so please forgive me if I gave offense.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #17
korinna5555

I was kidding..
Though.. I am PISSED. The day after I got my Converse, I found out that they are now owed by Nike ($@!!*!&# bastards..)
Old 12-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #18
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I was kidding..
Though.. I am PISSED. The day after I got my Converse, I found out that they are now owed by Nike ($@!!*!&# bastards..)
They ARE?!?!?! What the hell? Fuck! Now I've supported a company that uses sweatshops in asia. Don't I feel like a fucking asshole.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #19
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I didn't know Converse is owned by Nike.

Man I swear I will never buy a pair again.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #20
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I didn't know Converse is owned by Nike.

Man I swear I will never buy a pair again.
I think I might get rid of mine...

Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #21
Stormtrooper of Death

Many moons ago when I wore shoes I only wore Vans. Then I discovered the wonders of combat boots. I have never wore shoes ever since.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #22
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
Many moons ago when I wore shoes I only wore Vans. Then I discovered the wonders of combat boots. I have never wore shoes ever since.
Not gonna lie, combat boots kick ass. My pair are three years old, and second hand before that, and still look new.

To the OP: I just noticed that you said "prove to everyone that you are a goth", I think that kind of detracts from your "goth points" so to say...

Old 12-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #23
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Listen to a few words from Voltaire (it's rather sad how many times I end up using this clip). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5psCjK6tzQ

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:11 AM   #24
Beautiful_Disgrace

Okay....
I get the point!
If you want I'll stop writng!
Beautiful_Disgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #25
Mir

That first post just left me speechless.

Also, I have observed that at any given time of the year, there is at least one goth vs. emo thread doing the rounds.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote