Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Emerald

Reintroduction

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Homemaker: Interests include Ancient Myths and Legends, History, Study of Aberrant Human Behaviour (Serial Killers etc), Psychology in General, Wicca, Spirituality in General, Vampires (Mythology and Genre), Body Modification and Art, Alternative Lifestyles, World Cultures, Music, Reading, Writing, Art, Dance, Theatre, Snorkelling, Australian Rules Football, Knowledge for Knowledge Sake...

2. Where are you from?

Adelaide, South Australia

3. Who is your favorite author?

Favourite authors include: Edgar Allan Poe, Shakespeare, Brian Lumley, Patricia Cornwall, Stephen King, John Saul, Poppy Z Brite, Anne Rice, Wendy Haley...

4. What are your favorite films?

Favourite films include: Let The Right One In, Dracula (Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, and the Francis Ford Coppola version), Interview with the Vampire, The Shining, Scanners, Scarface, The Godfather Trilogy, George A Romero's 'Dead' Series, Suspiria, Deep Red, Tenebrae, The Fall of the House of Usher (with Vincent Price), Christine, Requiem for a Dream, Bad Boy Bubby, Feed, The Original Wickerman, Braindead, The Deer Hunter, Walt Disney's Fantasia, The Exorcist, Ghost Story, The Changeling, The Haunting of Julia...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I am already married. Our wedding song was 'The Ship Song' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

6. At your funeral?

Yulunga (Spirit Dance) by Dead Can Dance.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Like a horrible cliche.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

One that I could fit into without the Funeral Parlour having to perform the worlds first origami of a corpse.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Don't have a favourite as such. I spend a lot of time just in basic jeans and t-shirt. I do have a long, black gypsy type skirt I'm fond of teaming with knee high leather boots, and a black jumper. I also have a black vintage 60's, fake fur coat that I adore. I have a little black, crushed velvet, empire line dress that I also treasure.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Having a child's sense of wonder about the world

11. What's your favorite band?

Favourite bands and styles of music include: Bauhaus, Specimen, Sex Gang Children, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, The Cult, Joy Division, New Order, Virgin Prunes, The Damned, Sisters of Mercy, Xmal Deutschland, Play Dead, The Smiths, David Bowie, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Marc Bolan and T-Rex, early Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Carpenters, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Depeche Mode, Nirvana, AC/DC, INXS, Midnight Oil, Split Enz, Dead Can Dance, Neil Young and Crazy Horse...Goth Rock, Punk, Glam, Techno, Rave, Dance, Funk, EBM, Blues, Blue Grass, Trad Jazz, Big Band Jazz, Classical, Gregorian, Folk...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Some college, plus vocational certificates. I started a Bachelor of Arts at University majoring in Psychology and Screen Studies, but did not continue on with it.

13. Why did you join?

I honestly can't remember exactly why. It's been a while since I was last here. At least two years or more if I remember that much correctly. I am a returning member. As for why I came back? Nostalgia, and curiosity I suppose.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I am female. (37 years old)
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I really like your reintroduction! Dead Can Dance, an origami corpse, what's not to like?

Welcome back!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Still Jack

Can we keep this one? it's better than average.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Emerald

Thanks for the welcome. I must admit, I left this board last time due to an influx of Trolls and no apparent input from those who were supposed to be taking care of such things. Playing with the Trolls was fun for a short time, but it got old very quickly. This is the first time I've been back since then. I am hoping the situation has changed for the better?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I must admit, I left this board last time due to an influx of Trolls and no apparent input from those who were supposed to be taking care of such things. Playing with the Trolls was fun for a short time, but it got old very quickly. This is the first time I've been back since then. I am hoping the situation has changed for the better?
Probably not I am still here =)....wait I think trolls are supposed to be more fun than me....whatever
And hello.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Probably not I am still here =)....wait I think trolls are supposed to be more fun than me....whatever
And hello.
Oh, that's disappointing to hear. I would've hoped they'd have either moved on, or been dealt with by now. Oh well, perhaps I'll just have to give the ignore function a good work out.

And hello to you too.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
CataclysmKitten

Hello Emerald,
you don't know me but i'm new here. i wish you a warm welcome and hope to see you around the boards.
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CataclysmKitten View Post
Hello Emerald,
you don't know me but i'm new here. i wish you a warm welcome and hope to see you around the boards.
Nice to meet you, and thank you for your kind welcome.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #9
CrimsonPythonidae

Hi there Emerald and welcome.
Great music taste you have, I like a lot of the same stuff, also it was great to read that you like Fantasia! I watched that so much when I was little (to the point where the video was pretty worn out) and recently I've been trying to find a DVD copy of it, you wouldn't know where they might sell it in Australia would you? I'd rather not have to ship it from overseas.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Welcome back, I remember you, and your video on goth from years ago. Unfortunately I just looked it up on your post history because I remember I liked it and it is no longer presant on youtube.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post
Hi there Emerald and welcome.
Great music taste you have, I like a lot of the same stuff, also it was great to read that you like Fantasia! I watched that so much when I was little (to the point where the video was pretty worn out) and recently I've been trying to find a DVD copy of it, you wouldn't know where they might sell it in Australia would you? I'd rather not have to ship it from overseas.
Hello, thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet you. I have actually been to see Fantasia at the cinema, every single time it has screened since I was around 5 years old. It's sort of a tradition with me now. As for where you might find it in Australia, I'd suggest just asking at any of your local DVD sellers. If they don't have it, I'm sure they'd be able to point you in the direction of someone who does. Good luck, although I do believe it should be pretty easy to find.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Welcome back, I remember you, and your video on goth from years ago. Unfortunately I just looked it up on your post history because I remember I liked it and it is no longer presant on youtube.
Hello, I remember you too. Nice to see you again. And yes, unfortunately I had to delete most of my videos due to copyright claims. In the end I decided to just close down my account. I might try and redo that video at some stage though, especially now that I've had a bit more practise with Windows Movie Maker. It'd be kind of cool to actually make a sort of mini documentary on the Goth Subculture. And thank you for the welcome back as well.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #13
CrimsonPythonidae

Thanks Emerald, I have tried a couple of the more obvious places but they don't seem to have it and they aren't very helpful unfortunately. They've told me that it's a discontinued product or something. I was pretty surprised at that actually, I sort of thought that Fantasia would have been fairly popular. Anyway, I'll keep looking, cheers.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:31 AM   #14
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post
Thanks Emerald, I have tried a couple of the more obvious places but they don't seem to have it and they aren't very helpful unfortunately. They've told me that it's a discontinued product or something. I was pretty surprised at that actually, I sort of thought that Fantasia would have been fairly popular. Anyway, I'll keep looking, cheers.
Well Disney does have the habbit of pulling movie classics off the shelves for a period into it's "Disney Vault", so it will be some years before they sell it again. I just looked up Fantaisia and they wont be bringing it back out of the vault untill 2010(they put it in the vault back in 2004), so unless you want to pay rediculous prices on ebay, or buy a bootlegged version, you'll just have to wait.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #15
SiouxsiePernova

Welcome back.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote