Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #7601
Miss Absynthe

There's a difference between 'crushing chest pain' and feeling like your chest is crushed. A lot of people feel like their chest is being crushed when they're having a respiratory issue.. and if you ask further about it is more that they feel their breathing being restricted (or like they have a tight band around their chest).

Jaye is right, though.. chest pain isn't something to fuck around with.

And MissCheyenne.. I hope that you're feeling better soon.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #7602
MissCheyenne

As suspected, I have a shitty chest infection. I have antibiotics for it now so hopefully it should start clearing up but I'm under strict instructions from the doctor to go to the A&E if the pain doesn't stop after a couple of days. I'm certain I should be fine though.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #7603
CuckooTuli

Feel better, MC. That sounds shitty, especially with a bub to be looking after... I hear parenthood don't get sick days.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #7604
Varbane

I wish I could build a time machine and go back to Medieval Scotland for the rest of my life. I'd be a hell of a lot happier there. Wouldn't have to modern day society and people. As and added bonus there would be a lot less stupid people with zero common scene running around. Because those kind of people tend to die of pretty quick in a world where you can't go to a market to buy food and little to nothing is given to you.
Varbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #7605
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varbane View Post
I wish I could build a time machine and go back to Medieval Scotland for the rest of my life. I'd be a hell of a lot happier there. Wouldn't have to modern day society and people. As and added bonus there would be a lot less stupid people with zero common scene running around. Because those kind of people tend to die of pretty quick in a world where you can't go to a market to buy food and little to nothing is given to you.
I used to say the same shit. Truth is, we're living in a pretty great era so you should just enjoy it. They make the Medieval era look nice onscreen, but it was really shitty.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #7606
Varbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I used to say the same shit. Truth is, we're living in a pretty great era so you should just enjoy it. They make the Medieval era look nice onscreen, but it was really shitty.
Trust me I know. Every thing look better then it was in movies. Life back then was very hard and most of the time very short. I find myself looking at the world today and the people in it and wondering if at some point we didn't lose our way at some point. That the modern world isn't moving us forward but holding humanity back. It can also be a pain for me to establish any kind of connection with people. The things people think, what they value and other aspects of people seem almost wrong to me. My grandfather told me years ago that some people are born ahead of there time and sometimes people are born after there time. He was under the impression that I fall into the second category.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #7607
Grausamkeit

I don't see it as holding back humanity. We have some pretty spiffy technology at our fingertips and some damn fine medical science that's still advancing. And we have some important social issues being tackled, at the moment. In a nutshell.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #7608
Saya

Yeah, I wish I could go back to a time where women and blacks were property too.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #7609
Solumina

And don't forget that it wasn't just figuratively shitty, it was literally shitty too, like in the streets and everything, talk about unsanitary.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #7610
Varbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yeah, I wish I could go back to a time where women and blacks were property too.
Not to rain on your parade but slavery is still alive and well today. Even in the us slavery is alive and well. So that comment means nothing. If you for what ever reason feel the need to attempt make me feel bad for what I said then please do it through a pm. There is no need for you to continue to fallow me around and drop stupid, childish comments like this. Other people use this forum besides you and I.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #7611
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varbane View Post
Not to rain on your parade but slavery is still alive and well today. Even in the us slavery is alive and well. So that comment means nothing. If you for what ever reason feel the need to attempt make me feel bad for what I said then please do it through a pm. There is no need for you to continue to fallow me around and drop stupid, childish comments like this. Other people use this forum besides you and I.
Its not stupid, its true. You want to live in a time where only you would have rights.

And other people would love to point out what a twat you are too.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #7612
Versus

I LOVE THIS WOMAN. spooky

UNLEASH THE KRAKEN.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #7613
Varbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its not stupid, its true. You want to live in a time where only you would have rights.

And other people would love to point out what a twat you are too.
I see that you have already made up your mind about me. Think what you wish. I don't care at this point. Its not like I'm even going to be around to care.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #7614
Solumina

If you stop sucking at life we would be more than happy to accept you, hell some of us may even befriend you, you wouldn't be the first member who was awful when they arrived but turned things around by confronting an uncomfortable truth about themself and growing as a person. You just have to stop being such a privileged little twat first.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #7615
Versus

Pretty much. Honestly, I wish people would stick around to learn something. I should probably be less abrasive or just shut the fuck up when the actual victims are talking. It's not really my fight.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #7616
Mir

Stop sucking at life? That's harsh, Solumina! Harsh!

Verbane: This is not a gothic.net thing. If you're looking for acceptance or etc, Internets is completely the wrong place for you to be! Just say whatever the hell you feel like saying, and accept that people will respond to it whichever way they see fit. Don't get all upset about it!

Ahhh! It's like slipping on a comfortable, well worn pair of running shoes. You slip them on, and you're back running!

Do Ducky and Molly Mac still come around?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #7617
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I should probably be less abrasive or just shut the fuck up when the actual victims are talking. It's not really my fight.
It may not be your fight but do seem to have a knack for supporting the victims and helping them get their point across without stealing their thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Stop sucking at life? That's harsh, Solumina! Harsh!
I know! I got a little less nice while you were gone, I even upset someone so much that they left forever...but I felt terrible and I think it was the most civil flaming these boards have ever seen, plus I apologized, she even made another account to come back just to tell me that there were no hard feelings, so I guess I really can't say that I'm mean, just less conflict avoidant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Do Ducky and Molly Mac still come around?
Sadly no, they both left ages ago.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #7618
Mir

Oh, Solumina! The pillar, the guiding light of gothix.net - what hath the Internets done to you make you so! :winks:

Who was this chick that ran off in a huff? Jin? Graveyard Crow?

The new and improved Solumina 2.0? I like it!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #7619
Solumina

Hahaha no it wasn't a regular, I still don't particularly like fighting with the people I like (and I do like most of the regulars) so it takes something rather awful for me to really get into it with any of the core gnetters.

By the way I'm actually rather fond of Jin now, I think a lot of us are, she is kind of the poster child of gnet's potential to make someone realize their own ignorance, but she doesn't come around too much anymore.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #7620
Versus

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Sol. Honestly I'm kind of scared to ask. XD

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #7621
Versus

ATTENTION TO THE FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS MODDING COMMUNITY: A CLOTHING OR ARMOR SET FOR FEMALE CHARACTERS IS NOT LORE FRIENDLY IF IT EXPOSES A TON OF SKIN IN A WORLD THAT HAS HAD MOST OF IT'S OZONE LAYER BLASTED TO SHIT BY NUCLEAR WAR. ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION IS BAD ENOUGH IN THE MOJAVE DESERT WITHOUT A NUCLEAR EXCHANGE, BUT WITH ONE I CAN FUCKING BET THAT WOMEN WOULDN'T WALK OUTSIDE WITH EXPOSED MID-RIFFS, TUBE TOPS, AND HOT PANTS. NOT UNLESS THEY LIKE THE FEEL OF SKIN CANCER.

/first world problems.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #7622
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
... BUT WITH ONE I CAN FUCKING BET THAT WOMEN WOULDN'T WALK OUTSIDE WITH EXPOSED MID-RIFFS, TUBE TOPS, AND HOT PANTS. NOT UNLESS THEY LIKE THE FEEL OF SKIN CANCER.

/first world problems.
But it makes out boobs look huge and our waist look tiny!
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #7623
Mir

Quote:
/first world problems.
You get brownie points for this.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #7624
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
By the way I'm actually rather fond of Jin now, I think a lot of us are, she is kind of the poster child of gnet's potential to make someone realize their own ignorance, but she doesn't come around too much anymore.

I've always been quite fond of her. In fact, when she first arrived, I felt a little sorry for her. The level of abuse, disdain, vitriol, what have you - directed at her was positively cringeworthy.

One of two regulars pop up and go, "you suck, you're an idiot", and the rest just follow suit. This has always been a problem around here and makes me facepalm, and lol all at the same time.

:grins:
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #7625
Solumina

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about, Sol. Honestly I'm kind of scared to ask. XD
Well like in the OWS threads you would refer back to Saya's and my posts. You didn't try to speak for us or reword what we said, instead you challenged Desp to respond directly to us, which may seem like a simple thing but it is surprisingly rare.
-Carbon Leaf