Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
ceb

Ok, I did the intro questions, enjoy

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Music incorporated with computers or ambient organic recordings. 1 official cd and currently working on 2nd.

2. Where are you from?

Tsk, tsk, this is the internet. Anything you post can and will be used against you in a court of law or........your deviant forum peers.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Sappho, Sylvia Plath, Asimov, Frank Herbert, Clive Barker, Dante, T.S. Eliot, Henry David Thoreau, LaVey, Crowley, any of the Harvard Classics, and Kahil Gibran, etc, etc,

4. What are your favorite films?

Flash Gordon, The Fountain, Alice in Wonderland (original cartoon), Nosferatu (original), anything foreign (almost all U.S. films are entirely to predictable).

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Anything traditional, and once everyone is drunk and or high, whatever makes them shake their ass and act crazy.

6. At your funeral?

Gustav Holst Neptune, or a number on the world sampler I have that has an ancient russian song dedicated to a lover.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Who says that I'm not already dead?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I worked as a funeral director and sales man, so, I believe........I'll skip the casket and opt out for a traditional old world funeral pyre.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Jeans and a T-shirt. Geesshh, yes, I've been Gothic before Gothic became a trend for teens and those who are fictitiously Gothic through the aberrated pretense of needing attention.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

That adults seem to apply no sense of responsibility to those who are not legally adjudicated or found to be an adult by the statutes of law by said jurisdiction(s).

11. What's your favorite band?

Since I'm a musician, for this question, I will say my own.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

College, and that is as far as I'm going with this one.

13. Why did you join?

Gothic.net you mean? Ha! Fuck, who knows (?).

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I believe in "Post-Humanity", "Post-Gender", and "Transhumanism", so, I guess I'll make up something for the moment and say I'm a (__________ <you fill in the creative line space).
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.

What instrument or instruments do you play, and how long have you been playing ?
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Grausamkeit

"Undead, undead, undead...."

Are you one o' them queer-o-sexuals?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Jeans and a T-shirt. Geesshh, yes, I've been Gothic before Gothic became a trend for teens and those who are fictitiously Gothic through the aberrated pretense of needing attention.
This is a curious little statement. Do you mean before the mainstream tried copying goth in the 90s? or way back when goth started in the 80s? If either of those statements are true then that would mean you're an elder goth. Then again your misuse of the adjective Gothic could mean that you're completely unaware of what goth actually is.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Alan

Khalil Gibran for the motherfucking win!! I forgive you for liking LaVey.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Ben Lahnger

Nice introduction (not that it needed any approval.)

How do (fill in the blank)'s reproduce, anyway?

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
Alan

They reproduce memetically, not genetically.
real classy
Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Ben Lahnger

Nice! (hahahaha!)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Khalil Gibran for the motherfucking win!! I forgive you for liking LaVey.
Oddly enough, I had that same thought.

Quit reading my mind, Jill!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
ceb

Thanks for all the wicked feedback!

Let's see, hmmm, in no certain order, I will attempt to address all my sins.

Instruments: Keyboard/piano (no formal or informal training). I just bang the keys until something happens.

Acoustic guitar 10+ (The same for bass and electrics). I don't have any formal training in those either.

I'm into folk, jazz, industrial, and classical stuff. Actually, I'm open to whatever not just for the sake of listening, but I figure I can learn something with every experience. (Even if I don't like it.)

Been in about 15+ bands and played a little over a 100 shows.

Nah, I'm not queer-o-sexual. I'm strait (or whatever that means). I do read and write about counter culture and some tame sci-fiction erotica. I have to admit, there is plenty of food for thought in the world.

Sorry about my aberrant use of the word "Gothic". Shit, it's po-ta-toe / po-tah-to, whatever, whatever. I'm not an English professor or Nazi, and yes my grammar and writing is not the best(it can even suck at times), but I like it. So, you can spank me any time I fuck up with my use of words (blurgah).

As far as being an "Elder Goth".....I understand that ol' re-hashed argument spewed forever and a day on the net, but thank ol' be-jebus, that I'm not a senior citizen goth just yet. When it comes to Goth, like anything, I think everyone chooses to define it however they will. Well, unless you get hit by someone wearing sensitive fish-net panties or something. Then they just try and spoog on you.

For me, like heaviness in music, Goth is just a state of mind (perception) and style (how you express your life/death) you exercise or live by the accordance of your own will. I just say do whatever you want, believe whatever you want. That's what I do and at the end of the day(or night), I sleep alright. (Damn, think that sounded pretty good).

Khalil Gibran < I read a book of his poetry in high school, and recently stumbled upon a 3 set vintage collection in old house I helped someone move into to. I'm Half way into the first book and I'm not sure what to think, but, I read everything, including LaVey. I just look at the Lit I read as par for the reading course. No biggie. If it's in print, I do make the attempt to read.

Reproduce < Well, for me, I haven't done any so far as I know, but yea. I like your spin there. Very funny. But, like the "blank" idea there, feel free to make something up.

Once again, thanks for the feedback
Old 10-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
Grausamkeit

Me and one of my friends were joking the other day about 'queer-o-sexuals'. I think the reference is from the Simpsons(something Cletus was saying, IIRC?). Anyway, we are both part of the gay community and think that shit is funny so please don't take that remark as a slander towards you. It's a dig at how the world views us. Kinda like when I tell people I'm 'one of those Goth fags'.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
ceb

Hey man, no harm, no problem. I gotz me thickz skinz ohn. Gays don't bother me at all. I hung out at my lesbian friends house last night. I enjoy getting to know people with different kinds of sexual predilections. It's something I write about from time to time.

Yea, I hear ya on the Goth Fag thing. For me (Goth), it's just another way in countless millions of other ways to live your life. In a way, I feel they are all valid in some way.

I'm the type of Goth you could say that no one would ever know that I was Goth. Kind of in the same sense that some people might not understand the on-goings of life without understanding history to some degree.

Take for instance, last night, I told my lesbian friends about the Greek poet Sappho. They had no idea who she was. Not to many people do not realize how far back different sexual predilections/perceptions go. They were surprised as many lesbians are when I talk to them about their personal history and culture.

One thing I have finally come to my own conclusion on is that people choose to be whatever they want to be when it comes to their sexual identity. As far as all the theories out there (mine totally unoriginal), I believe people engage their environment and people in the way that satisfies whatever their inherent life programming is. Maybe excluding details and some minor conditions, but people are very adaptive if not programmable. That last statement is not meant to be condescending, it's just based off experience of observation.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
ceb

Typo's

Whelp, the typo beast fucked me again. That and I attempted to edit and hit submit or something. Fuck, sucks you can only edit 7 times or something. Edit, edit, edit. Story of my life. Lesson learned, use the mutha-fonking word processor.

Oh well, you get the drift.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Grausamkeit

'people choose to be whatever they want to be when it comes to their sexual identity.'?

That's a pretty fucked up statement and it's irritating that you go on about how the poor ignorant lesbos don't know about gay history or Sappho until you tell them.

What is up with that shit? How many lesbians have you really known?

You seemed kinda cool at first, but I'm starting to rethink my opinion...

Also, being Gay is not a 'predilection' it's how people are born. You don't say that people have a predilection to be born with a penis or vagina, do you?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
'people choose to be whatever they want to be when it comes to their sexual identity.'?
Followed by

"I believe people engage their environment and people in the way that satisfies whatever their inherent life programming is."

Also Sappho is boring they were probably too busy having hot lesbian sex to read about the ancient history of hot lesbian sex.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Grausamkeit

I guess Sophocles is boring, too?

Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I guess Sophocles is boring, too?
Wouldn't know, never bothered to read any
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
ceb

Interesting

Grausamkeit, that is your opinion and I'm going to leave that part as it is.

It does not matter what you or anyone else thinks of me, or what I post. It's that simple. I respect you out of the sincerity of my character, but I give you no power to influence or sway my judgments. I bind you, now, and forever. I also bind anyone who would work against me, now, and forever. You can not strike what does not exist anymore than you can make something out of nothing. (Well, in this case, it seems you have thrown a fit.)

We will simply agree to disagree on some things. As far as you feeling fucked up, I'm not responsibly for how you feel, even if it is because of what I wrote. I am not responsible for you. Control yourself, re-read, take some time to absorb what was posted.

If you're open to experience, just take all of this in with the grand experience of life.

Oh, and very carefully go back and read what was posted. Think about it. Not everyone thinks alike or has the same perspectives. You know this. Remember, this is a Gothic site (so-to-speak). So, when you choose to play with toys in a Pandora's box....................well, you should know.

All reptilian minds are reactionary by nature. Gain your composure. You are a smart person, but, I suggest you do not expose the chinks in your armor. If that post disturbed you, what else makes your hair stand up on the back of your next while legions of demons invade your mind causing you to lose grip of reality and act insane and do terrible things to yourself without ceasing until you are dead?

Remember. I do know not you, nor I you. We are neither enemies nor friends. These are words on a screen and apparently you have allowed them to control your emotions and your mind. Now, they will possess your mind, and spur you for all the years of your life, never knowing what could have been?

Anyone notice the falling leaves outside. How beautiful.

As far as the lesbians, this applies to those that I have talked to recently. Over I'd say 8-10 years I've probably talked to several hundred. At the present, I currently involve myself in discussion with 3 life partner couples. We talk on all issues.

I did not mean this to apply all lesbians or gays or whatever. But, the sad truth is that I have found many do not know their history, the dynamics of how their states came to be, and some believe it or not, say that is the way they are because that is the way they are(cliche' is it not?). In a way, you might make an analogy of a key and a lock to balance the contrast. A dash of Zen there.

As far as the word "predilection".........I think the way you are applying it in relation to what I have posted has been misunderstood. Take some time, do some research.

Also, to be clear, your statements and mine are entirely different and grossly exaggerated from your end in my opinion. Although, your reactions were not in the least unexpected.

Hello Elystan. I've seen your posts across this site. A little fire starter you are. That, and I see your posts anywhere there is smoke and fire. But, that last bit you wrote. Nice. Funny, funny but probably true to some degree.

Grausamkeit, no disrespect, but what you think of me is of no concern to me. You either enjoy my posts or you don't. You should never cry over spilt milk, let alone allow yourself to be discomforted by what you read on this site. It's like they say on the radio or T.V., "If you don't like what you're watching or listening to, change the channel." In this instance, if you do not like my posts, do not read them. It is that simple.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

<3
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #19
Alan

Well there goes my respect out the window.
real classy
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #20
ceb

Might as well call myself a Persian rug. In the above "next" should actually be "neck". Go figure.

But, does one do things purposely to develop character? I'm sure there is a riddle somewhere in all of this. But, what is it?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
ceb

Oh, and "responsibly" should be "responsible". Damn, you would think I would have opened up the word processor by now. Maybe one day I will learn.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Well there goes my respect out the window.
Inorite?

Pedantic asshole is pedantic asshole...

Old 10-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
ceb

Thank you for the compliment

Yes, I admit I am ostentatious. But, thank you for the compliment.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Grausamkeit

trolololololololllllll....

Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
Alan

I would have thought I couldn't dislike a Khalil Gibran fan, but I'm alright because he admitted himself that Khalil Gibran is just something he read in high school and found again a copy of him and is "not sure what to think" thus qualifying Gibran a 'favorite' author because 'favorite author' means 'everything I read'
real classy