Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
mrs.wes straker

Post Embarrassing Things You Regret Doing Here

Blech. Come on, let it out. I put this on my other profile and what I got was a concerned response. But I'd rather hear about others' "oopses".

Do you ever look back on things you've done in life, and you can't bear the remembrance of having done certain things? Do some of the things you've done make you cringe or shudder?

Surely, you can think of at least one thing you've done that embarrasses you even when you're alone.

Personally, I friggin hate country music, except for maybe a maximum of five songs whose titles I don't even know, but there is one country music song that has lyrics that ring through my head pretty often lately, and I quote, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Come on, the last thing I want to do is be profane, but honestly, what in the heck possessed me to want to hang around someone so apparently grotesque, so awful, so depraved, so useless, so moronic? So....blech. What the hell was I thinking?

I mean, honestly. I was angry about a lot of things. I was angry at a lot of people. OK, one person in particular, but I suppose I'm trying to emphasize that I was full of anger. So why, oh why, oh my why did I punish myself? Good grief.

When I was younger I would find myself consumed by boredom, and I'd find something sharp and give my skin a good scraping.

If you don't reform destructive behavior, the mistakes don't stay the same--they get much, much worse. I'm still slightly scarred from the self mutilation I indulged in over 10 years ago. I came out OK from those bouts of stupidity; in those cases I only needed a band aid or two to feel fixed up. After this last act of self abuse I'll be lucky if I don't need a bloody labotomy.

Once again, *cringes.*
Old 03-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Mir

Straying into this thead? =P I'm kidding. It would probably have to be...
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
mrs.wes straker

Eh, what do you expect I'm bored. I never said I was Oprah.

Speaking of Oprah, maybe I should go exercise instead.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
KontanKarite

I can't think of anything embarrassing per se. But I can say that I have regrets.

I regret signing up for the Navy. It's a life style that's not for me. Tonight, I get no sleep because I don't have an alarm clock and I have to travel 2 hours to my unit and stay awake that whole day just to waste away on some stupid bullshit. I don't have the right uniform. That's probably my fault. So not only to I have to fight sleep deprivation tonight, but I have to deal with some fuckwit who wants to bitch at me because I didn't have the proper uniform.

I hate this lifestyle with every inch of me. I don't know how to fix it. People say I should be brave and tough it out. I can do that. But at what cost to my sanity and these few valuable years? I don't even know what it feels like to be in college.

Every day I have to pay for one simple mistake. Others get second chances. I don't think I have that luxury.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
darkness before dawn

I regret the whole of my 20's.
One long, exhausting party that lasted for 10 years.
darkness before dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Lucretia_my_Reflection

on here making rude jokes in real life, and having bad drug abuse last year theres only a small about of damage. and being horrible to people who care about me.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
nightmare syndrome

I regret that one time when I said yes to going out with someone I wasn't romantically interested in, just because I wanted someone to be with.
He loved me so...But I didn't love him back.

What was horrible was that he threatened to kill a lot of my friends and co-workers because he got jealous from the smallest things, like friendly hugs and kisses on the cheek. Once I broke up with him, his sister started calling me a slut and a whore, and basically where I'm at is that the entire "prep" "jock" and "theatre" groups of kids assume I'm the town bicycle.

Really, really embarrasing.
nightmare syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
Senor_Sadomachism

Not embarrassing but... I regret letting people borrow my beloved belongings just to be nice, lending others money even though I didn't know them, and last always being such a softie to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE!!! From now on I'm going to have to bitch them out for using me just for what I have and get my fucken IPOD AND CASH BACK!!! I'm pissed... BTW the guy I lent cash to found out that I was a homosexual and just recently he had the nerve to come up to me and say "You are a fucking ****** I should kick your ass" even though I was nice to him all the time. I regret being sooo nice to people but... it's not me I can't bitch out someone sooo I'll just say no next time. Simple no?
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
mrs.wes straker

mister senior--stop being so bloody nice---right nowwww!!!!!

let people buy thier own sh*t and spend theor own money.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #10
Senor_Sadomachism

I know I know... today I put blue eyeliner on my eyebrows "cyber bright as fuck!!!" and some girl in my Fashion Construction class had the nerve to say "You like attention? Why do you dress like that? Are you suicidal?" And I just said "Bleh what do you know about normal?" I could've done better but she has a temper problem. Saying no is all I can do... Hey I'm just a freshman in High School...
Freshman Year... WHOOO 0_0 Too much drama man but I'm over it so to edit problems I just keep my mouth shut Next year I'm going to be a bitch to people, yeah that was good advice though.... In a way 0_0
Old 03-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
mrs.wes straker

You know, you don't have to saying anything to people in order to stop being nice. You can just say nothing at all. They might try and push you around a bit, but if you stand your ground and allow no window in they'll not know what to do to get to you and eventually leave you alone.

Ignoring people is magic. Believe me, I've been doing it a long time.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
Senor_Sadomachism

I should know too, yes I have been ignoring these cunt-face fuck-tards at times like this and they just end up making themselves look like monkey balls in front of their friends, worse... in public!!! I love it when men jeer at me for being Gay, god i just love it when they call me a fag, freakshow, queer *squeems* those words make me cuddle inside and they give me the butterflies when it's a hot guy. Okies now that was off topic but yeah I just ignore them at times. Ignorant fucks need to kill themselves. Yeah... I regret being such a softie!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
raggedyanne

I responded pissily to one of godslayer jillian's nastier critiques of my thinking and I'm not sure what's going to happen to me. I hope I don't get labeled a Sternn
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #14
raggedyanne

I regret making two posts here in a row but:

I deeply regret agreeing to date this 8th grader when I was in 6th grade. He was an abusive, overbearing, bone-chilling, rap-listening, blue-eyed, bastard! I also regret being a cutter, they call you emo, but you just get so dependant on it, like liquer or smokes. I will probebly regret writing this later, too.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #15
Draconysius

I regret doing away with most of my old comics a long time ago. I want them not for value, but for reading.

I found it embarrassing that, when I asked a Bookland clerk where the comics section was, he pointed to right behind me, where I had just walked by.

I regret doing away with a good number of PC, N64, and PS2 games. I'm never going to make that mistake again.

I also have a habit of giving myself very good advice, but very seldom following it. Yeah, I'm Alice like that.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #16
Senor_Sadomachism

I regret drinking all those energy drinks recently when my friends told me to stop and were trying to help me out, I think I'm addicted to caffeine 0_0 *shrugs* BTW are they dangerous? Like Monster, Rip It? I've been so reliable on them to keep me awake at school.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #17
MollyMac

If I was a better person, I'd be embarrassed for joking about Heather Mills on Dancing with the Stars, I may have apologized. But I am not a better person, and I think that either "Get a leg up" or reworking the classic ZZ Top into "She's got Leg" would rock.

that or Footloose.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
Immordes

The only times I ever get embarrassed are all in my head. Talking to people is not a strong point of mine, I always get flustered whenever somebody tries to talk to me, even though there's no substantial reason as to why. Things I regret doing mostly consist of things I regret not doing. Every day I regret not having the right state of mind to actually talk to people and get to know them. Every night I lay awake talking to myself, saying, "Tomarrow I'll actually talk to somebody. Tomarrow I'll actually try to be outgoing." Come the next day at school, I can't bring myself to talk to people despite the pep talk I give myself every night.
Immordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #19
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Sadomachism
I regret drinking all those energy drinks recently when my friends told me to stop and were trying to help me out, I think I'm addicted to caffeine 0_0 *shrugs* BTW are they dangerous? Like Monster, Rip It? I've been so reliable on them to keep me awake at school.

They are really bad for you, and are full of sugar, there almost as bad for you as smoking is. have you tried drinking the sugar free ones there still pretty bad for you with all the chemicals and etc, how many would you drink on average a day?
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #20
PersephoneX

I regret licking the phone-jack at my desk at work. Every time someone gets a new phone they ask my if i want to lick-test it. It also hurts alot.

I regret getting dunk and throwing up outside Gotham three weeks back. I had noodles for dinner.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immordes
The only times I ever get embarrassed are all in my head. Talking to people is not a strong point of mine, I always get flustered whenever somebody tries to talk to me, even though there's no substantial reason as to why. Things I regret doing mostly consist of things I regret not doing. Every day I regret not having the right state of mind to actually talk to people and get to know them. Every night I lay awake talking to myself, saying, "Tomarrow I'll actually talk to somebody. Tomarrow I'll actually try to be outgoing." Come the next day at school, I can't bring myself to talk to people despite the pep talk I give myself every night.
I still have this problem. A solution I've succeed with, however, is not to look people straight in the eyes, but to look at their nose, or mouth, or whatever. It takes off a good bit of the pressure, and everyone once in a while, you can glance at their eyes. It might also help getting yourself a nice new haircut, or some cool clothes, or whatever. This helped me gain a new level of confidence.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
Dark Templar

Embracing things i have done! Wow that’s a long list! I can mention one time when i was on a concert, i got really drunk and climbed up on the stage and got pushed down by the security guards. i don’t remember much of what happened after that other than wakeing up on the hospital whit an awful headtack :S

-Stephen King
Dark Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Vako

If I posted the emerrassing things I have done in my life I would clog up the site's bandwidth!
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #24
Pancakes of Doom

One thing I regret is not having as much confidence as I should when it comes to women; thanks to that I wound up dating an annoying junkie who still can't get it through her head that I want nothing to do with her.
But I'm over that now, I think I have just the right amount of confidence now.
Pancakes of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
If I posted the emberrassing things I have done in my life I would clog up the site's bandwidth!

Same here! I'll just say that I'm very well aquainted with the ground and gravity.