Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #76
She_Is_My_Sin

When I was a kid I used to think there were ghosts everywhere & that they were always watching me. I used to get really scared in case they saw me going to toilet or doing something wrong & then they'd tell my mum.

Of course I don't think that now.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #77
Dead Cell

Well because of what I am I don't have fears by myself. But as a whole I am kind of scared of dieing alone, although that is physically impossible.
Dead Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #78
insertwittyname

Hmmms...after reading your guys' phobias, time for funny recollections.

1. Red Robin or someplace had a guy in a red bird suit. I spent 2-3 hours running away to the opposite side of the restaurant when I was 4 or so. Same thing happened in Disneyland with the Winnie the Pooh characters.

2. SPIDERS
a) I once found a spider on the toilet seat 5 years ago and I spent three years afterwards checking the entire bathroom ceiling to behind the toilet for spiders before sitting my ass down.
b) Then the time I found a spider hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the kitchen I screamed and ran away and made my mother kill it two years ago.
c) Then the same thing happened in the bathroom I forgot when.
d) Then the time camping when I had a spider with clear legs that were white/transparenty with a electric neon blue body, half the size of a hackey sack crawling over my hand---flicked it off, sat down in a snow melt stream that went up to my shoulders and hyperventilated for a bit.

3. I once found the dead body of a scorpian in my garage and ran inside the house yelling through the door that a scorpion was in there *mom in garage still* and she and my brother took ten min poking it's dead body with a stick.

3. NEEDLES
a) Long memory. I was 4 and my dad said I wasn't getting shots, apparantly he lied and I tried running out the office where he caught me by my shirt and held me down while I got 4 shots.
b) Nemonia-not even gonna try spelling it. I had that 2 years ago, it didn't bother me though like it should, it just made me sleep and faint/get dizzy when I moved. What really worried the doctors was that I was missing a really dangerous amount of white blood cells and I had to go back for 2 weeks every other day to get blood taken. It got to be such a casual thing that I finally stopped crying and shaking when I saw them get the cotton ball. However I still can't look at the needle and I have to be preoccupied by music or my Gameboy or something.
c) Last check-up. The male nurse of over 6 foot and of solid build wanted to prick my finger. I've gotten used to shots, not finger pricks. I hate finger pricks, I can't use that finger for anything for the next two days becuase it's sore and it hurts and bleh. Well, he tried to talk me out of pulling my hand away, by trying to do conversation and get closer to my hand-I caught on by the conversation and was able to pull away but he caught my hand while I was doing so. Then we wrestle for ownership of my hand at which point he says, "Don't make me hurt you" and my mother is cracking up. Male nurse won, but at least I fought.

4. HEIGHTS
a) Every year I get suckered into roller coasters and such. Every year I get laughed at as I start shaking and close my eyes on the roller coaster and not being able to move my fingers after I get off becuase I held on so tightly.
b) This summer my hippy boyfriend got me to go on with some of my friends. What happens? I almost fall out because the metal pole thingie that goes to your stomach locks way to far away. I have another 6 inches left dude! Neways, I ended up locking my feet to a pole thingie underneath my seat and stuffs. At the end of the ride everyone laughed at the pictures at the leaving trail where you can look at yourself while you were on the ride. I looked like I was very stressed about to go into surgery or something without painkillers.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #79
DarkHeartedDemoness

Got any moth stories?

God, those little fuckers are frightening.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #80
insertwittyname

Nope. Though they are bugs and I am deathly afraid of all bugs.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #81
ViciouslyBeautiful

There were so many ghost stories I heard when I was little. I read this comic book once where this girl was chased by a ghost nurse with a knife, and the nurse climbed the bathroom door where the girl was hiding inside and she just appeared there with a knife, saying "Can I operate you now?", I just can't get over that and always check any ceiling of any room I've entered.

I read about spontaneous burning a few years ago, and spent days of not sleeping well afterwards.
ViciouslyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #82
Tumor

Bees. And wasps, and hornets. I can't stand those things. All thanks to stepping on a yellowjacket nest and being stung over 100 times.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #83
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciouslyBeautiful
There were so many ghost stories I heard when I was little. I read this comic book once where this girl was chased by a ghost nurse with a knife, and the nurse climbed the bathroom door where the girl was hiding inside and she just appeared there with a knife, saying "Can I operate you now?", I just can't get over that and always check any ceiling of any room I've entered.

I read about spontaneous burning a few years ago, and spent days of not sleeping well afterwards.
O.o Once when I was 5 or 6 I read a children's picture book of that Greek myth where this guy's wife gets bitten and she goes to Hades and he can have her back if he doesn't turn around and sees her ghost. I don't know why but that caused me to be so scared I couldn't go to sleep and I cried. -.- Damn I was a wuss.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #84
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Got any moth stories?

God, those little fuckers are frightening.

Not exactly terrifying but when I was kid a mahoosive moth flew onto my bedside table & wouldn't go for about three days. Of course being the wimpy little child I was, I got all scared & told my dad to move it. He tried but it flew onto the ceiling right above where I sleep. I was too scared of it & had to sleep in my parents bedroom.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #85
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
O.o Once when I was 5 or 6 I read a children's picture book of that Greek myth where this guy's wife gets bitten and she goes to Hades and he can have her back if he doesn't turn around and sees her ghost. I don't know why but that caused me to be so scared I couldn't go to sleep and I cried. -.- Damn I was a wuss.
Lot's wife? Who was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at the city of Sodom?
Old 11-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #86
Tumor

I think she's talking about the tale of Orpheus.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #87
c130

Oooops. Wrong don't-look-back myth. Right you are.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #88
erotomaniac87

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
I keep dreaming about losing my teeth. It's one of the (quite a few) things that scare the giblets out of me.
Oh, I know what you mean, I've had similar dreams. The idea of losing my teeth scares me senselessly too.
erotomaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #89
Toxic_Envy

Clowns scare the hell outta me ever since I was eight years old and thought that my toy clown was going to kill me.
I HATE going in lifts (Elevators) since I was stuck in one for about an hour and a bit when we were on holiday. I'm also scared of spiders.
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #90
Dookie

I am scared of dolls staring at me while I sleep. So I sleep with my closet closed and all my dolls/stuffed animals in there.

Large groups of people make me anxious especially if they all all around me and I do not know them. I have a fear of burning to death also sodomy.
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #91
JoeAverageSF

The cessation of existence
j.
JoeAverageSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #92
Sable_Rose

It's the classic fear: Spiders and bugs mostly, I squeal when I kill them and/or they come into any contact with me. ...And I guess the fear of not being able to breathe so anything that might not allow me to do so: swallowing pills and drowning, getting traped beneath ice....

Sable_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:29 AM   #93
YourWorstNightmare

I'm terrified of being alone and terrified of being with people. I'm terrified of food especially high calorie foods. I am scared of balloons. Clowns scare me soo much I have to stare at them. And I don't like snakes near me.
YourWorstNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #94
erotomaniac87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Something that doesn't scare me but freaks me out... holes.
Fucking holes! >_<

One hole, I can handle; like in doughnuts; but when you see worm holes in the dirt, or a puncture wound... I can stand the blood and bone and flesh, but if the wound is so deep you can only see pitch black inside it.... agh!!
Also, those damned frogs that have holes in their backs so that they can bury their offspring in them.
Fucking holes! Someone should fill them up.
Ahahaha, that last sentence was brilliantly hilarious.
erotomaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #95
She_Is_My_Sin

Frogs that have holes in their backs? Feck that's creepy. I dislike frogs greatly, but that took the biscuit when it comes to them.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #96
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I'm absolutely terrified in losing my identity, all I have really is myself, and I don't exactly quite fit into the world as it stands, and that terrifies me, I'm so scared I'll trade comfort for myself and forget who i really am
Old 12-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #97
Toxic_Envy

I’m not really afraid of these I just hate them or they freak me out.
George Michael freaks me out
I hate peanut butter, celery, milk and frosties
Polystyrene
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #98
Firestorm

People scare me.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #99
Feeble Minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle
When I was a little kid, I used to have these weird dreams. And they scared me half to death. Like this one time I invisioned a giant rock next to a tiny one...and woke up crying.
I had the same sought of dreams. I'd be this tiny little dot and there would be huge figures chasing after me. When they caught me I would wake up. But instead of crying I'd have this loud ringing sound in my ears that I couldn't get rid of. I'd stay up till morning sitting on my bed in the light. Creeped the fuck out of me.
Feeble Minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #100
Isotope

Frogs!!! This fear will never leave me alone
Isotope is offline   Reply With Quote