Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #126
ArtificialOne

Great post Drake.

That is a much better definition of Anarchy. That being said, all sides of politics have bad seeds within. Almost like an evil twin or something. The so called Anarchists who blindly follow a violent creed(ie. WTO thugs and disgruntled teens). Just as I distance myself and try to come up with a name or such to my particular view to distance myself from the bad part of the party I belong to. Maybe Anarchists should remarket the brand so to speak. I'm in the same process myself.

There were alot of good points and info, and when not exhausted from rebuilding my scooter I'll put some of my own in there as well.

But I have to agree, it sounds good from what you post.

Mr Arkham, It is your right to comment on my comments. But if you want to be taken seriously I suggest backing them up with a good thesis or some facts like Drake has done.

As far as the comment about my age, My age not yours Arkham.

One of my biggest gripes in the whole world is blind Bandwagoning. That's what it seemed was going on here, that's why I started a post.

Oh and Drake, I don't think the religion thing was directed at you. It was another "I hate god" comment that set me off. Hm... not enough time left in this day to explain why that comment sets me off...LOL

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #127
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
And for anyone not in the United States, "libertarian" does not mean in America what it means where you live. It means something in the range of classic liberal / laissez-faire capitalist / market anarchist / minarchist. Think anti-government or minimal-government propertarianism.

Drake
Heh. I wrote a long post trying to explain that I *do* live in America and understand libertarianism quite well, thank you very much, before I reread your post and realized that it wasn't addressed to me.

Personally, I believe in limited (but not necessarily nonexistent) government involvement in the economy and near-zero gov't involvement in society and the lives of individuals. The US gov't as it stands now is little more than a business, and a very inefficient, monopolistic one at that. I believe that much of what the gov't is currently responsible for could be handled better by actual private companies and organizations.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #128
ArtificialOne

omg V!

I'm in total step about how private business could handle some things better than the govt. Having some experience in both has shown me thst if you were to run a business the way some if not most of govt is ran, you'd fail miserably. You'd be poor and forced to eat Mcdeaths as Stern would say. < yes, not only a joke, but a bust on Stern>

OK,OK I know I need to get to bed......

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #129
Beneath the Shadows

My political views? I view politics with much suspicion, and often with scorn.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #130
Circle V

Most of the problems with politics come about because most people are idiots and a good portion of the rest think like you, Shadows. There's some overlap, of course.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #131
Beneath the Shadows

Well, if some of the people weren't idiots, then some of the rest of us wouldn't be distrustful.

Also, I don't think they're idiots. Well, most of them, anyway. I think they're smart as hell, and they use their smarts to manipulate the real idiots in order to further their personal agendas. Most idiots would be, well, too stupid to be able to do that.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #132
Circle V

I meant that the populace is mostly idiots, or at least not quite capable of choosing the best people to represent them.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #133
Beneath the Shadows

Oh, well, then yes, I completely agree with you.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #134
Circle V

Ron Paul 08!

Sorry, it's something I do to make my friend happy. But seriously, check out Ron Paul to see someone who is absolutely nothing like the politicians you speak of.