Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Minyaliel

Shit...! Colour doesn't look like it should...

I just did something majorly stupid. I need help if anyone knows how to fix this without bleaching or going darker (my hair's not going to take another bleaching, and I need to be blonde in September for an opera).

I tried to colour my hair blue. Turned out there wasn't enough dye in the bottle, so I decided to do a mostly blue with blonde stripes in the front- look. And for some reason, the blue didn't look as it should after dying. It looks almost greyish- sea green in places instead of royal blue, it's horrible. Errrr... help? Please?
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Still Jack

The only thing I can think of is to use a wig, but that's not really helpful...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
honeythorn

If your hair won't take another bleaching then I'd just put black over it and leave it alone until September. Give your hair a rest.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
Malice In Wonderland

Buy more dye and do it blue again?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Apathy's_Child

My girlfriend's had that problem before, so I asked her. She recommended using clarifying shampoo (whatever the fuck that is - I use soap on mine), washing it about four times to fade the color, then leaving a deep conditioner on for at leats a couple of hours and preferably overnight to repair any damage or drying that causes. Do this every day for 2 or 3 days, go back to your normal shampoo for a couple to let your hair repair itself. Then dye it dark brown or black over the top and leave it alone until it's grown out some.

Sounds exhausting, but maybe it'll help.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
Minyaliel

Thank you =)

Honeythorn - not really an option, unfortunately - black dye tends to stick to my hair bigtime. Getting that out again will be even worse. But yeah, after fixing this, I will leave it alone.

Malice - I went to the store and they couldn't find any, although they apparently had lots of blue dye somewhere. Just my luck. :P

Apathy's_Child - that's some great advice. You'll have to thank your girlfriend for me, and thanks yourself for asking her. I consider just doing this - as far as I can remember, I don't look too bad in brown hair.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Catch

Most blue dye is temporary. Keep washing it and it will completely fade in awhile. Give your hair time to grow back, so it doesn't fall out. Also use a lot of conditioner and rub it into the scalp with the tips of your finger to get rid of excess chemicals. After that, bleach the hair before adding the blue dye. The color will turn out better.

I have had blond, blue, green, red and violet hair. Since my hair is dark, I would process it will level 40 bleach powder and developer, wait a few days and then add the color. It works. Might want to avoid people for a couple of days. Same thing with rubbing the scalp. Over processing is an aweful thing.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
SiouxsiePernova

Anti-dandruff shampoo can help to reduce the intensity of semi-permanent hair colour.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Catch

It is best to go to a beauty supply store. Everything is less expensive and the clerk helps people find what they really need. I like Sally's. Their clerks usually have experience as hairstylists.

Another solution for multi-colored hair is to add extensons. They can be big and bright. Now odd colors come in natural hair too, so it is less obvious.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
Anima_Severem

This is why I don't dye my hair. I do not trust myself with dye. That and it burns the living hell out of my scalp.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Serren

Ah- years ago I dyed my sisters blonde hair blue. It looked fantastic till two washes later when it went blue.

My mum had to take her to the hair dressers and they dyed it out, not sure if they used bleach or dye.

Basically you can either do that, or dye it blue again. I've always found crazy colour type dyes tend to wash out very very quickly, and that is what will happen to it. Manic panic is meant to last longer than some of the other dyes, so you could try that. This option will probably get your the result you wanted in the first place.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Stabby

Mine does that whenever I try to dye it...
Mine faded in like a week though. You could see the faint green still though.
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote