Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
WarlockSix

Suicide threat.

Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Suicide . .. threat!?

I don't think it's a threat, silly. We generally don't value random people on the internet very much anyway.

In fact, it would even be the direct opposite of a threat if it was from certain people.

Making a suicide threat would only work if people cared about you, when if you're enough of a twat to make claims of suicide, you, sir, are a prat who nobody cares about.

Fuck off and die, fine sirs!

And do go to hell.
WarlockSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
shynna

is it really worth dying??

hmm~~ i really wonder ..
shynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Needlefeet

The real reason people post suicide threats on the internet is:
a) to get the courage to actually do it because there's more people telling them that they're worthless
b) attention
c) troll
It's funny how most threats are general everyday crap that happens to everyone and it pushes these people to considering suicide because their boyfriend dumped them or some crap like that.

Anyway, where did this come from? I'm assuming it's a quote, from where?
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #4
DRM

Wait, can someone explain what this thread is about?
I have to admit, I am a bit confused.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
GoblinQueen

Very few suicide threats on forums are genuine.
It's hard to tell the difference.
I don't believe that you should egg someone on if they post a suicide threat.
I knew a guy who threatened to commit suicide. He was pissed, his girlfriend of 3 years had cheated on him, he'd failed his driving lesson for a 3rd time and his parents were in the middle of a messy divorce. He tried talking to someone about it, but it didn't help.
So, he threatened to kill himself. His friends egged him on. He went away and hanged himself.
His friends were, to say the least, kicking themselves for egging him on.

My point is, is that you shouldn't egg someone on, especially if it's over the internet where you don't know if they're being serious about it or not.
GoblinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
shynna

when someone thinks of dying, he/she usually will only leave a note of last words...

i don't think that person will write any suicide threat..

i am a survivor of 4 suidice attempts. so ... what is the point of telling the whole world u wana die? just do it if u wana.

it all depends on your luck if anyone realises and able to safe u in time
shynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockSix View Post
Fuck off and die, fine sirs!

And do go to hell.
Hey everyone, check it out, Warlock is being bitchy at the air.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #8
GoblinQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgot My Password View Post
If they were gonna do it, they wouldn't come on here. Sad sacks.
Don't start that bullshit.
Everyone is different.
What about that kid who threatened to kill himself on webcam? He threatened to do it, people egged him on, and he did it. He killed himself.
What you just said isn't always the case. Sure, some people don't say anything, but some do. And it's those people who want help.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
GoblinQueen

Quote:
It's not suicide, it's cleaning the gene pool. Seriously, how many have "Threatened" it here? I say "Threatened" because it would actually be a service with the chumps that have a try. How about that emo little bitch who said she was gonna do it because we were all super duper mean to her, then came back the next day. Dumb ass tried it again the next week. It's fucking pathetic. Jesus, do it already, get on with that shit. Do you really think I give a rat's ass hole about some schmuck? Fuck 'em, I'll steal their shit when they kick it and use their Mom's bereavement to bang them in the pooper.
You are fucking disguisting, you know that?
I bet you don't even know the cause of suicide. I bet you don't even know why people do it in the first place.
It's a small thing called depression.
And you want to know why people tell other people about it? It's not always for attention. Sometimes, it's a cry for help. I've seen the way you treat people on this site, the people who need advice. You tell them to suck it up. Well, let me shove this through your thick skull.
Telling someone to suck it up when they need help and have no one else to turn to does not help. If anything, it makes it worse for them.
And don't you dare go and say "Oh, well they can call the Samaritans". Wrong. When you call them, their number shows up on the bill. The last thing a depressed teen needs is their parents breathing down their neck about calling the Samaritans. So that's why they turn to sites like this. To vent, to rant and to ask for advice. They come to this site and they get told to grow the fuck up.
Now, you tell me how telling some genuinely (and I mean genuinely. Not some whiney little wannabe moaning about how their life is coming to an end because they ran out of eyeliner) depressed teen to grow the fuck up helps them?
It doesn't. Like I said, if anything, it makes things worse.
Rant over. For now.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Still Jack

God I love you Duckers.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
Anarasha

GoblinQueen - if you wanna survive in here, you should know that Forgot My Password aka Duckman aka whatever is one of our regular trolls, think of it as fun, ignore it, and do not under ANY circumstances try to argue with it.
On that note, I find Duckman to be entertaining :P
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
Pineapple_Juice

For the folks who don't know where this is coming from, it's the intro to the whining section of the forum. It's um...actually right there at the top of your screen.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #13
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinQueen View Post
What about that kid who threatened to kill himself on webcam?.
What about him? People that fucking pathetic and needy for attention deserve to die. Mostly those who are depressed enough to attempt and sometimes succeed at suicide DONT feel the need to threaten it and tell the fucking world about it. Either way, suicide is still selfish when it leaves friends, families and children devastated. Worse when they leave a mess.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
Needlefeet

Quote:
You are fucking disguisting, you know that?
I bet you don't even know the cause of suicide. I bet you don't even know why people do it in the first place.
It's a small thing called depression.
And you want to know why people tell other people about it? It's not always for attention. Sometimes, it's a cry for help. I've seen the way you treat people on this site, the people who need advice. You tell them to suck it up. Well, let me shove this through your thick skull.
Telling someone to suck it up when they need help and have no one else to turn to does not help. If anything, it makes it worse for them.
And don't you dare go and say "Oh, well they can call the Samaritans". Wrong. When you call them, their number shows up on the bill. The last thing a depressed teen needs is their parents breathing down their neck about calling the Samaritans. So that's why they turn to sites like this. To vent, to rant and to ask for advice. They come to this site and they get told to grow the fuck up.
Now, you tell me how telling some genuinely (and I mean genuinely. Not some whiney little wannabe moaning about how their life is coming to an end because they ran out of eyeliner) depressed teen to grow the fuck up helps them?
It doesn't. Like I said, if anything, it makes things worse.
Rant over. For now.
Wow.
Sure some people may kill themselves because they're depressed but others just do it because they're annoyed with something or a little upset. Shit happens to everybody.
Don't call the Samaritans because your parents could find out? Boo, fucking, hoo. I'd rather live and have my parents probe me as to why I wanted to do it than go ahead and kill myself.

There was that thing about that guy who his girlfriend of 3 years cheated on him, his parents were going through a divorce etc etc.?
Think how his parents would feel after thinking that they might be one of the possible causes to their son's death. His girlfriend would probably think the same thing.
These things get better. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo if your parents are going through a divorce. Sure it sucks but it doesn't mean it's the end of your life and you should take that matter into your own hands and chuck a rope around your neck.

People who do it on webcam obviously aren't asking for help. You don't need to SEE someone to HELP them.

There's too many people in the world anyway.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #15
GoblinQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
What about him? People that fucking pathetic and needy for attention deserve to die. Mostly those who are depressed enough to attempt and sometimes succeed at suicide DONT feel the need to threaten it and tell the fucking world about it. Either way, suicide is still selfish when it leaves friends, families and children devastated. Worse when they leave a mess.
I will tell you what's fucking selfish.
The people who try and stop someone from ending their misery.
I go through this same argument every day. Suicide is not selfish. It's far from it.
And things don't always get better. I'm still waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel. The only reason why I havn't killed myself is because I'm on meds for depression. And the fact that I have a life to fight for.
But what about the people who don't have anything to fight for? What about the people who have nothing left?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #16
aperson

Angry

Quote:
It's not suicide, it's cleaning the gene pool. Seriously, how many have "Threatened" it here? I say "Threatened" because it would actually be a service with the chumps that have a try. How about that emo little bitch who said she was gonna do it because we were all super duper mean to her, then came back the next day. Dumb ass tried it again the next week. It's fucking pathetic. Jesus, do it already, get on with that shit. Do you really think I give a rat's ass hole about some schmuck? Fuck 'em, I'll steal their shit when they kick it and use their Mom's bereavement to bang them in the pooper.
your a souless retard!
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Alarica

Quote:
I go through this same argument every day. Suicide is not selfish. It's far from it.
And things don't always get better. I'm still waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel. The only reason why I havn't killed myself is because I'm on meds for depression. And the fact that I have a life to fight for.
But what about the people who don't have anything to fight for? What about the people who have nothing left?
You are clearly wallowing in self pity and I'll hazard a guess that you have tried and failed to kill yourself too. Here's the thing. Your depression is not my problem nor anyone else heres problem. These forums are not a counselling unit for whiny attention whores brandishing blades and ropes. None of us here is or ever will be responsible for the stupidity of others.

Good luck finding that light.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
Anarasha

Quote:
You leave parents, friends, family, pets and other people you may know devestated and in selfdoubt because you got a rotten apple from the store that is now staring at you, therefore, you have GOT to end this good-for-nothing life? No, that is not selfish at all...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
GoblinQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
You are clearly wallowing in self pity and I'll hazard a guess that you have tried and failed to kill yourself too. Here's the thing. Your depression is not my problem nor anyone else heres problem. These forums are not a counselling unit for whiny attention whores brandishing blades and ropes. None of us here is or ever will be responsible for the stupidity of others.

Good luck finding that light.
Did I ask you to comment on my depression?
No, I did not.
If you saw me mentioning my depression as an invitation to comment on it, then you were sorely mistaken. I was trying to make a point. You should pick them up more often.
And no, I have not tried to kill myself. I've thought about it. I came very close to attempting suicide when my Mum died, but my sister came to mind and I couldn't leave her and my Dad alone. Regardless, I'd often fall into bouts of depression, so I was given medication to keep me from ever going down that path again. Yes, I still get pretty low, lower than just normal sadness, and very rarely do I fall down that bottomless pit anymore.
People say there's a light at the end of the tunnel. If there is, where the Hell is it?
If it gets better, then why do I and many others still get depressed?
Why do the mental scars never go away?

Anarasha: I don't think you completely understand suicide or self-harm.
When people are suicidal, they don't think logically. They don't think like that because they truly believe that those people would be better off without them. All they can think about is the pain they're in, the pain that doesn't go away no matter what they do. They're tired of fighting it.
They only see one escape- eternal peace. Ending their lives, ending their pain.
The way I see it, what is the point in forcing someone to stay if they truly are in a lot of pain? What's the point in prolonging their life if they're hurting inside?
If they've already tried fighting the pain in other ways by talking about it, and it doesn't help, where's the sense in preventing them from acheiving the one thing they truly want?
One can only fight for so long. One can only try for so long before giving up.
More than often, fighting depression is like fighting a losing battle.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
GoblinQueen

Quote:
You so emo!
You call that an insult?
Wow.
You know, I might actually retaliate if your comment wasn't practically dripping in sarcasm and had some logic behind it.
But, because you are being a sarcastic toad and have virtually no logic behind that comment, I am not going to.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
Needlefeet

How is it that everyone gets owned with 3 word comebacks?

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #22
Alarica

Quote:
Did I ask you to comment on my depression?
No, I did not.
If you saw me mentioning my depression as an invitation to comment on it, then you were sorely mistaken. I was trying to make a point. You should pick them up more often.
You mention your depression in a thread that is not about you, therefore you invite comment on said mental state. You are making yourself a target. Your only point was 'wah wah I've tried killing myself but I failed so I know how people feel when they want to die'.

My point was clear though. I dont care about attention whores like you. There are people who need real help and aren't needily seeking attention on the net.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I bet you don't even know the cause of suicide.
THE SELF
Gimme a fucking star before you kill yourself. I deserve it!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #24
Still Jack

God this thread is boring. Back to Ducky.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #25
Anarasha

Quote:
Anarasha: I don't think you completely understand suicide or self-harm.
When people are suicidal, they don't think logically. They don't think like that because they truly believe that those people would be better off without them. All they can think about is the pain they're in, the pain that doesn't go away no matter what they do. They're tired of fighting it.
They only see one escape- eternal peace. Ending their lives, ending their pain.
The way I see it, what is the point in forcing someone to stay if they truly are in a lot of pain? What's the point in prolonging their life if they're hurting inside?
If they've already tried fighting the pain in other ways by talking about it, and it doesn't help, where's the sense in preventing them from acheiving the one thing they truly want?
One can only fight for so long. One can only try for so long before giving up.
More than often, fighting depression is like fighting a losing battle.
That was not the point at all. You said that suicide is not selfish, but it is.
Whether or not the suicidal people can see that was not the point at all.
And yes, I do understand self-harm and suicide. I have been there at one point too. What kept me from suicide, though, is said perfectly by Shakespeare. "That undiscovered country from whose bourn, no traveller returns, puzzles the will and makes us rather bear those ills we have, than fly to others we know not of. Thus conciense doth make cowards of us all."
The fear of what was beyond.
And that period in my life, seeing how I hurt people around me, just proves to me that suicide is, in fact, selfish.