Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

My mother....

Yes, another rant about someone's mother.
I cannot believe her.
Today (seeings how it's my day off from College) I decided that I'd like to go into College to see my boyfriend.
Now, my Mother has never been too crazy about me going out with the guy, and she's never liked him (She won't even say why. Her excuse is that he's too old, but he's not. He's three months older than me).
So, when I said that I was going to College today to see him, she went into a tizzy and told me that I had to stay home and help her with building my new bookcase. I turned around and said "Mum, you and I both know that Dad said he'd build it, so I have no reason to be here. I've already cleared the books off of it". But she insisted.
So now, I can't go in to see him.
I'm already not seeing him that often (we're doing different courses and we've got different days off. I only get to see him three times a week if I can't go in on the Thursday. So, I only see him the Monday, Wednesday and the Saturday if I'm unable to come in on the Thursday.)
That woman needs to let me grow up. She's already mad at me for not wanting to be a lawyer and thinks that I failed Latin on purpose, which is a total lie. She pushed me into that course and I hated it.
I honestly don't know what to do about her. She's driving me mad.
xXEducatedSocialiteXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Is she paying for you to go through college?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

No, she's not.
She'd rather have me be a lawyer than a musician. No, I get a Bursary. The Bursary pays for my Course.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXEducatedSocialiteXx
I'm already not seeing him that often..... I only get to see him three times a week if I can't go in on the Thursday.
I wish I could see my dad that often.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
noveleigh

Have you actually sat down and had an adult conversation with her about all of this? If not then you may want to consider it so the two of you don't stay on each others backs all of the time and can understand each other better.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Solumina

It sounds like she is trying to hold on to you and control you because she feels like you are moving on with your life and will no longer need her or want to be close to her. Just remember that while you are excited about being grown up and becoming an independent adult, your mother is worried about loosing her baby. Just sit her down and say that you love her and know that she means well but that you are feeling a bit stifled and need to be able to find yourself. Hopefully that will get her to back down a bit.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
zombiewhore

My mom's actually pretty cool about my guys. No matter hoe much shit I say about them, she's like, he seems like a nice young man. Regardless of the fact that oftententimes they're years older and have cars haha
I'd be like to your mom "chill be fucking happy I'm not pregant, or a druggie, or a dropout. I'm 18, and it doesn't really matter if I date a 40 year old, there's nothing you can do about it."
zombiewhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noveleigh
Have you actually sat down and had an adult conversation with her about all of this? If not then you may want to consider it so the two of you don't stay on each others backs all of the time and can understand each other better.

I've tried meeting her halfway, yes.
Maybe she is scared of letting me go. I understand that.
But that doesn't give her any right to prevent me from seeing my boyfriend as much as I can.
She calls me immature yet she's the one acting like the kid.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

You're over 18, aren't you?
If your parents aren't paying for college or a roof over your head, then you don't owe them anything.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #10
dead_dreams

Your mom sounds like mine
Except that its my friends she wont let me hang with.
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You're over 18, aren't you?
If your parents aren't paying for college or a roof over your head, then you don't owe them anything.
Yep. Just turned 18.
It's not my Dad that pisses me off, it's my Mum.
He's cool with me and he thinks my boyfriend is a very responsible young man.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
noveleigh

Hrm, perhaps you can have your Dad talk to her on your behalf? I don't know if you've tried this already.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 AM   #13
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

I already tried that.
She just ignored him.
I swear, that woman suffers from permenant PMT.