Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Delkaetre

Question Getting Rid of Freckles

There seem to be a few anti-tan solutions posted up and about, but what of those of us who have lovely pale skin... bar the freckles?
I'm a natural red head, which means -yup, you guessed it- my skin is fair and freckles then burns easily. So, can any of you lovely strange people recommend ways of being rid of freckles? They tend to react differently to tan due to the melanin differences in the skin, so I don't want to try something that could have an adverse reaction.
A lot of you seem to be tanning people, though, so tis okay if there's nothing around. I'd really rather be rid of them, since all the SPF50 I use doesn't seem to be having an effect, the buggers just aren't fading.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
disposable_teen

i don't actually think there is a solution to ridding yourself of freckles, and (not to offend you) i think that there is nothing around for you because people just think, hey, its my skin, they'll fade after a while. I do understand your frustration as a fellow goth, but I'm afraid, as there are no remedies out there, you may have to live with it.

disposable_teen
disposable_teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
Delkaetre

Bugger.
They're a bitch to do anything with because they're such uneven pigmentation.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
She_Is_My_Sin

I have brownish red hair with a pale, freckled complexion & I too have unwanted freckles. If you stay out of the sun & be extra careful with your skin, they should fade. I'm not saying mine have completely vanished but they aren't as noticable as they used to be. Not very helpful...but I don't think there is an actual way of getting rid of them.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:20 AM   #5
Delkaetre

I spend pretty much all my time indoors... there's crowds on the streets in the city, and cattle surrounding my house- so outdoors isn't a place for me to be.
Mine aren't nearly as bad as my sister's, but it's just damned irritating when there's those stubborn few that will not fade. There's always one or two strong, dark freckles that won't fade out.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 AM   #6
She_Is_My_Sin

Yeah. I have a massive one on the bridge of my nose. I doubt it will ever leave me.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
Delkaetre

Oddly, I seem to have the blighters on my shoulders as well as my face and hands. Considering that my shoulders are *never* exposed to daylight, what with penchant for long sleeves and all, that seems very odd.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
Zineve

Hi I am in australia and like you i have fair skin and freckles.....and although I've never found anything to get rid of them completley I HAVE however found a product that helps fade them dramtically.....On my face they have faded more than enough that if i wore light foundation.....ie powder or very light coverage make-up.....that they cant be seen.......I'm not sure if i can say product names on here so if someone can let me know if i can mention the brand i will post back with the name asap......
Zineve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
She_Is_My_Sin

Yeah you can say brand names, people mention make-up names in the other threads.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #10
Delkaetre

On the bright side of things, I'm naturally pale enough that people have started asking what kind of foundation I'm using.
A freckle-reducer would still be nice, do post it up for me. There's a terrible one on the end of my nose... the brands should be glad of our mentioning them, really- lots of free advertising!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:15 AM   #11
Minyaliel

I've heard - not tested, mind you, I don't have freckles - that lemon juice applied on top of freckles regularly makes them fade faster. That doesn't mean they'll disappear forever, though...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:27 AM   #12
Delkaetre

As long as it doesn't sting too much. I have small cuts from forgetting I'd just sharpened my nails and scratching a minor itch.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
Alaizabel Cray

I'm a red-head with freckles myself, and personally, I wouldn't get rid of them. Granted, the ones on my face aren't terribly dramatic, but they are definately there, and if I spend more than a few hours in constant sunlight they really pop out a lot. Mostly my freckles are on my shoulders (I have one in particular that, not to accidentally offend anyone, is honestly African-looking in color), though, so that could be why I don't worry about mine so much because my shoulders never show unless they have to. But back to what I was saying, there's nothing wrong with freckles. If you don't like them, then you don't like them, and it's completely up to you if you want to try and get rid of them.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #14
Slap Your Love

I didn't realize you could get rid of them. Although I have none. One way to stop getting them I know is not to stay in the sun, but to get rid of them I have no clue.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #15
Alaizabel Cray

Yes, staying out of the sun is a good way to sto getting them, and if you wear sunblock and try to limuit your sun exposure, they'll fade a bit on their own. Dependng on how dark they were originally though it may ot be too much.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #16
PersephoneX

i think freckles are cute....
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 AM   #17
Delkaetre

Aye, but I don't... I get enough hell for being ginger without having the freckles, too. I'm not going to dye my hair, though, because my hair really doesn't get on well with dye. I don't wear foundation, which could cover them a bit, because it clogs my pores... on the rare occasions we have sun in Northern Ireland, I stay out of it, but the damn things just aren't fading any more.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
unedifying

I hate my freckles.

I've just started putting lemon juice on my freckles, and I'll post back if I see any improvement! (:
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #19
Delkaetre

Do let me know... Wouldn't like to be citrus-flavoured for nothing.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #20
ange_de.la_morte

try google..

i got a huge breakout of freckles this summer, which is actually quite annoying as my skin is very very white, and so they stand out like a beacon. I found a bunch of little sites by googling "how do you get rid of freckles". here are some of their ideas..

"I was looking in the health & body store for a cream that a friend told me about; when I got to the counter I ask the women if she sold anything like that she said she did but that it was not a cream but a recipe

2 oz. fresh strained lemon juice
1 oz. light rum
1 tsp. glycerin
3 tbsp. pulverized bran
4 tbsp. buttermilk
Pulverize bran in blender and mix with the other ingredients until it becomes a paste. Apply freely with a cotton ball on to your face for 20 minutes and remove with warm water. Splash cool water and pat dry. (Please do not try to drink this, glycerin can act as a laxative!) Uses twice a day for 14 day wait 7 day between treatments."

-http://www.43things.com/things/view/109951

"Some Natural Remedies that can cure freckles are:

* By Wash your face with sour milk. Lactic acid will provide gentle peeling effect without irritating or drying your skin.
* Lemon juice is a time-proven freckle fighting remedy. It is not necessary to rub your skin with a piece of lemon. Applying the juice with your fingers will do the job.
* Fruit and vegetable masks (apricots, strawberries, cucumbers, red currant).
* Sour cream mask. Do not rinse this mask completely, just remove gently with a facial tissue, then apply a moisturizer. For oily skin - use lemon juice before applying the mask.
* Natural parsley juice (or parsley infusion) mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice, orange juice, and red currant juice under your favorite cream will help you keep your freckles invisible.
* Increase your Vitamin C intake! It makes your skin less sensitive to the sun. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, apples, green onions, black and red currant, rosehip tea. "

-http://www.healthsuperstore.com/healthtip/rid-of-freckles.aspx

"Method ( 1 )

To remove Freckles, - rub them twice, daily with a piece of saltpeter, moistened by touching it in water.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Method ( 2 )

Use a little lemon juice to help remove freckles. Be careful though, because lemon juice causes your skin to be sensitive to the sun, and you will sunburn easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Method ( 3 )

Remove freckles: An excellent wash for freckles is made by scraping some horseradish very fine and letting it stand for some hours in buttermilk, then straining and using the wash morning and night; OR: powdered nitre, moistened with water and applied to the face morning and night will soon remove freckles without injury to the skin.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Method ( 4 )

To remove freckles. Blanch and grind two almonds. Mix it with white of an egg to which half teaspoon of lime juice has been added. Spread on the face and leave it on till the skin feels dry. Then, wash off first with warm water and then with cold water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Method ( 5 )

Remove freckles with Photoshop ;-P

Did you ever wonder why freckles seem to disappear in the winter? Sunlight increases freckle pigmentation. To minimize freckles, use a sunscreen daily.

Lasers can also eradicate freckles. You need to go to a qualified dermatologist and have them do a laser test on one or two. Lasers can remove freckles permanently, but the procedure is costly and there is a small chance of scarring. That's why you should do a test first on one or two freckles because green-light lasers or red-light lasers can be used depending on the color of the freckle.

Some people believe that chemical peels can lessen the freckles too.

I personally like freckles. I don't know how old you are, but most freckles disappear all by themselves by the time you reach 40 years of age."

-http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=22,493&q=246

and yea.. those are the things i found.. i plan to try a few.. i might get back to this board with how they worked at some point...

hope it helped.

oh, and if you have a lot of money to waste, you can always get a laser treatment or see a dermatologist about a chemical face mask... @-@
ange_de.la_morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #21
unedifying

"...I don't know how old you are, but most freckles disappear all by themselves by the time you reach 40 years of age."

I only have 23 years to wait. Nooo problem. XD

I tihnk I'll stick with my lemons for now. ^^
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #22
Darkbender423

You can cover most of them with tattoos.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #23
Aioeien

found your cure-all ^^

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...ml#tanremover1
go there and they have everything you need...
Aioeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #24
Ashenstar

Me Too!

I have very light skin that will freckle from walking for 15 min outside. lol Those do fade.
I have heard that freckles can be genetic??? If that is the case staying out of the sun won't do shit to help get rid of them. That's most of my freckles. I haven't be in the sun for more that a few minutes for many years. Some of my freckles though are just as strong and dark in the winter.
Ashenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #25
anorexiclipgloss

makeup works
anorexiclipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote