Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
c130

Pets...

What pets do you folks have? Do they reflect on your personality at all or do you just love 'em because they're cute?

In the past I've kept rats, guinea pigs, a hamster, a cat, a three-legged rabbit... Currently got three guinea pigs, but I'm really really hoping to get another set of rats soon, because they're just the most amazing critters. Very friendly, intelligent and independent. And they look so damned cute. :P
Old 09-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
honeythorn

Yep, i do.
2 birds ( 1 budgie 1 cockatiel)
a rabbit ( a castor minirex)
a giant african land sanil
15 fish ( 10 leopard danios, 1 blue opaline gourami, 2 weatherloaches and 2 kribensis.)

None of them reflect me, but they all have very unique personalities.

Theres a pet picture thread too, I posted mine on there if you want to see.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
c130

Wow, that's a lot of fish.

I tried keeping fish before... in a garden pond. Most of them were eaten. >_>
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
Absinthe Tears

I have four cats (Mr. Spaz, Sam Button, Princess Fiona Fruitbat and Luckey Bagles) and two mice (Raevan and Odin).

Fruit is a little slow,
Luckey is nurotic and lives in our bedroom,
Spaz is the "alpha cat",
and Sam is his bitch.

The mice are totally normal....for mice.

None really refelect me but they just so squishy!!!
Absinthe Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
Delkaetre

I'd love a lizard... a skink or a gecko for preference. I can't have pets because the parents won't let me keep one at home, and the halls of residence don't allow them either. I'd really love to have a skink or a geko, though, they're so lovely! Geckos are really cute, and skinks are such lovely little sleek creatures!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Cicero

I have five cats and three dogs. The cats are the ones I'm closest to - their names are 'Kittin', Brody, Danielle, Rozzy and Queen Moolikins, and the dogs are Princess Cleo, Rosie and Lucy.

Rozz, the one in the avatar, was bitten on the head by one of my dogs when he was a kitten, so he's a bit peculiar (and thus my favourite), although I love all them to bits. Everyone who's met them agrees that they're some of the most affectionate cats that ever existed.

Next time I venture into the jungle I plan to bring home a pet leech, just for the fun of it. They're extremely low maintenance and you only have to feed them once a month (plus they're really good to threaten people with - 'Pay me the $100 you owe me or I'll set the leech on you!').

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
Minyaliel

At the moment I've got two cats, Grace and Rafael, they're two adorable persians. Rafael looks like the cats you see the bad guys in James Bond have... not that I like those movies, just a fun fact. I'd love to have a rat or a horse, though.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
I'd love a lizard... a skink or a gecko for preference. I can't have pets because the parents won't let me keep one at home, and the halls of residence don't allow them either. I'd really love to have a skink or a geko, though, they're so lovely! Geckos are really cute, and skinks are such lovely little sleek creatures!
I'd love a gecko too. I <3 little lizards, though I somehow know I'll never actually own one... Was in paradise when I went to Italy this year because there were sweet little couple-inches-long green lizards scurrying about everywhere. Way too quick to catch. :o

Have you kept lizards before? Or have your parents always refused to let you keep a critter?

Quote:
I have four cats (Mr. Spaz, Sam Button, Princess Fiona Fruitbat and Luckey Bagles) and two mice (Raevan and Odin).

Fruit is a little slow,
Spaz is the "alpha cat",
and Sam is his bitch.
lmao! XD Do they get along with the mice or do you need to keep them away when the mice are out their cage? The housecats around here are terrified of mice and rats, lol.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
CreepyTendencies

I have two cats and a beta fish. It's pretty much all my apartment building will allow. In the past I've also had two horses (I did 3 day eventing for nine years), but now that I'm out on my own they are just too expensive.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #10
Macabre

I have a mastiff. I'd like a Komodo Dragon but I think the odds of that are about the same as Yoko Ono being dismembered by wolves in the middle of Wal-Mart.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #11
cradle

I have a phisignathus cocincinus (chinese water dragon)

Her name is pablo...we thought it was a boy so we named it pablo...then i found out it was girl...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #12
korinna5555

i have a horse, a cat, a hedgehog, and approx. 30 hamsters (dwarfs)

my family also has two dogs, 3 more cats, and some wee fishies.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #13
Absinthe Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyTendencies
I have two cats and a beta fish. It's pretty much all my apartment building will allow. In the past I've also had two horses (I did 3 day eventing for nine years), but now that I'm out on my own they are just too expensive.
Right on! Another eventer. I am hopefully going to purchasing my own horse in the nex year or so after not having one for the last 6 years.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #14
unedifying

I used to have a ton more pets, but they all dissapeared in their own ways...

Now I have a leopard gecko.
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #15
She_Is_My_Sin

I have two cats called Theodosius & Sappho (Theo & Saff for short ^_^) & a black labrador called Gertie. We got them all around the same time, so the cats don't mind playing with the dog, but they have a tendancy to eat one anothers food.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #16
BlackButterfly

I like all animals, really (um... except spiders...)

I have a fluffy white Bichon Frise named Pika (named after a Pokemon by my baby brother) who lives with my mom (no pets allowed in my apartment).
She doesn't really know how to be a dog, is really smart otherwise, and she hates little girls, but loves little boys. I bought her because she was just so damned cute.

I also had a turtle. His name was Turtle. He used to shake his booty when I scratched his shell, and I thought that was too funny. He died a while back ago.

My boyfriend has an iguana named Lady who tries to eat my finger whenever I feed her, but will let me pet her if I'm not feeding her.

I really want a cat. My aunt has a million of them, and I so love cats.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #17
Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
I like all animals, really (um... except spiders...)
what's wrong with spider?
I have a snake named Gill, and two cats; Sardines and Rabies
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #18
whilykitt

I have a cat named Leeloo.
whilykitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #19
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe Tears

Fruit is a little slow,
Spaz is the "alpha cat",
and Sam is his bitch.

The mice are totally normal....for mice.

None really refelect me but they just so squishy!!!
lol
Those cat names and role descriptions are priceless.

I have 2 ferrets ^_^ Rin and Ayame - respectively form Tenchu. Rin is more particular than Ayame about who she likes but their both just ridiculously adorable and affectionate. I'm very much a cat person but i have a huge soft spot for ferrets as well.
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #20
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana
what's wrong with spider?
To be honest, I have NO CLUE...

I think it's a childhood trauma thing, because I'm cool with the fact that there are like 12 million of them in my apartment hiding out somewhere, until I see one crawling anywhere within three feet of me. After that I freak out unreasonably and have to either kill it (and become paranoid and overcome with guilt) or have my boyfriend catch it and throw it outside...

I've tried to fix my fear because it doesn't seem to make sense, so I have learned a ton of info about spiders. Yet, I still can't stand the little buggers...

I remember once I was at a pet shop watching this big angry-looking furry red spider (my face was about a foot away from the tank), but when feeding time came that same spider almost jumped out of its tank and I don't think I ever ran to the front of a store so fast in my life...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #21
Kiinu

aww... spiders are cool... Anywho.. onto the list.. I'm going bigges to smallest animals...

Three Dogs: Karley, Tivo, and Jonah
Jonah is a Great Dane... but he's small for his breed... he's the sweetest drooly thing ever...
Tivo is a... something or other... he's yellow... haha.. and was in charge until Karley came about..
Karley is a Lab rottweiler mix.. ah she's adorable and she's the smallest and youngest... but she beats the other two up..

Four Cats
Zippy is a big fat black cat... she's not Zippy at all... and never has been..
Addy is an outdoorcat mostly... but she's sweet when she feels like it
Forever is my sister cat... she's a cowcat... she's skittish... and fat...
Wiggy is my cat... he's a bright orange tabbycat... and he is.. a very strange cat... he thinks he's a dog... and he sucks on clothes..

Two Geese... they're evil... I call them tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum... but before that... noone called tham anything...

Nine Ducks... four we hand raised so they actually like being held and kissed and pet and are very well behaved at fairs... Phantom and Miles are black Cocnut is well... coconut colored.. and Lemon... was yellow when he was a baby... though now he's white and brown... but he gives kisses on comman... go figure.. the other five we got from someone at the fair for free and they were never named... or handle.. they bite sometimes...

Five Chickens.. they're my brothers and step brothers... the little one called Jingle will sit on your shoulder or wrist like a little chicken hawk and likes people...

Four Bunnies... I don't really know where they come from... all I know is we take care of them...

A hampster named Abby whos fat and loves Captain Crunch thanks to my mother...

A blue beta fish and four goldfish...

and a Black ringneck snake named Hiei...

my brother and stepdad want a goat... haha
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #22
Kiinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by whilykitt
I have a cat named Leeloo.

That has to be the greatest name for a cat ever...
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #23
Absinthe Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
I'd love a gecko too. I <3 little lizards, though I somehow know I'll never actually own one... Was in paradise when I went to Italy this year because there were sweet little couple-inches-long green lizards scurrying about everywhere. Way too quick to catch. :o

Have you kept lizards before? Or have your parents always refused to let you keep a critter?

lmao! XD Do they get along with the mice or do you need to keep them away when the mice are out their cage? The housecats around here are terrified of mice and rats, lol.
Luckey and her mice live in the bedroom together! She only notices them when I have them out to clean their cages and even then all she does is rub her head on them and give them kisses...until one of them looks at her. Then she hides under the bed and won't come out.