Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #76
x-deviant-x

I don't see anyone attacking Ionic Angel the way you attack Auriel, yet Auriel - as far as she's revealed - has never voted against gay marriage thus far, while Ionic stated clearly he/she did vote on prop 8 and paraded around here with pride over doing so, yet didn't think anyone here was worth explaining as to why he chose to vote that way. At least Auriel has tried to explain her views and reasonings. So she's better to attack because her views are based on religion while ionics arent - that we know of? - wheres the logic in that?

x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #77
Godslayer Jillian

What are you talking about? We keep attacking Ionic Angel.
He's an egotistic homophobic christian that likes wearing trenchcoats and doesn't care for other humans except because he's too scared of his god. He merely distanced himself from this particular thread.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #78
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x
No. The fact that even when you agree, you still want to rip each other apart over why you agree. If this were an arena, there would be no teams, just a blood bath.

Eh, I missed this, but wanted to comment.

This is the best forum I've been to in regards to debating. No censorship, no "please get along everybody," no posts being deleted because it wasn't respectful enough. I've been to religious forums that ban any type of debate whatsoever, and mods will delete your posts if you question them. I once lost my posting ability for a few days on one for just correcting a mod. Here no one can hide from rational debate, and no one gets banned for saying a swear word or calling "bull shit" on someone. The people here who get along get along great because they aren't forced to. It gets ugly sometimes but hey thats life, if you can't handle it on a forum good luck handling it in real life.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #79
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
What are you talking about? We keep attacking Ionic Angel.
He's an egotistic homophobic christian that likes wearing trenchcoats and doesn't care for other humans except because he's too scared of his god. He merely distanced himself from this particular thread.

Ok. I must be missing it then. I tend to ignore most of what he says anyway. I just haven't seen his comments catching much flack.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #80
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Eh, I missed this, but wanted to comment.

This is the best forum I've been to in regards to debating. No censorship, no "please get along everybody," no posts being deleted because it wasn't respectful enough. I've been to religious forums that ban any type of debate whatsoever, and mods will delete your posts if you question them. I once lost my posting ability for a few days on one for just correcting a mod. Here no one can hide from rational debate, and no one gets banned for saying a swear word or calling "bull shit" on someone. The people here who get along get along great because they aren't forced to. It gets ugly sometimes but hey thats life, if you can't handle it on a forum good luck handling it in real life.

Good reflection to perfect anarchy ..wait wait... it's an online forum.

*sigh* I'll go jump off the roof.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #81
raggedyanne

Religion is a way for people to blame their stupidity on someone who isn't really there. If there is a god, he doesn't give shit about any of you and he doesn't give a shit whether gay people get married or not so SUCK IT!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #82
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~
Ahh, I see so you are homosexual and pissed off that I think the sanctity of opposite sex marriages should be preserved.
Hahaha.

Because he opposes your bigotry and hatred he must be part of the group you hate?

"You know man, I don't think killing black people for being black is right."
"OH LOOK AT YOU, MR BLACK MAN"
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #83
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hahaha.

Because he opposes your bigotry and hatred he must be part of the group you hate?

That just made me laugh at loud like a total moron.
Not an attractive laugh at all.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #84
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hahaha.

I peed a little bit.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #85
Necrophagist

JCC - not funny, not funny at all...

Ophelia - looks like I was right again. You cannot justify your statements, so you resort to name-calling. zzzzzzz...

As for my anarchy statement, I merely meant that without some kind of order; there would be chaos. We'd spend the whole time arguing - as demonstrated here - and nothing will ever get done.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #86
raggedyanne

Necrophagist: admit it was funny and get a life. Auriel is being a bigoted fool and is resisting the truth. She is saying anyone who supports gay right because they are gay is being stupid. My respect for her just died. In fact, JCC's analogy was the best I've heard.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #87
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
As for my anarchy statement, I merely meant that without some kind of order; there would be chaos. We'd spend the whole time arguing - as demonstrated here - and nothing will ever get done.
How many times does it have to be said?

Anarchy IS order.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #88
HellforgedX

So, yeah, arguing religion...
"My god's better than yourrrr god,
My god's better than yourrrrs..."

I wonder if Jesus Christ ever told his classmates that his dad could beat up their dads...

I saw a sign while trick-or-treating on Halloween that read
"No tricks
find Jesus
that's the treat!"
I almost brought my landscaper over to his house, just so the homeowner knows I found him.

Jesus SAVES - because he shops at Wal-Mart!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #89
Necrophagist

Hahahahaha Hellforged!
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #90
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hahaha.

I don't hate homosexuals. When did I say that I did? Why would I remain friends with a gay couple, if I hated them?
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #91
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x
I don't see anyone attacking Ionic Angel the way you attack Auriel, yet Auriel - as far as she's revealed - has never voted against gay marriage thus far, while Ionic stated clearly he/she did vote on prop 8 and paraded around here with pride over doing so, yet didn't think anyone here was worth explaining as to why he chose to vote that way. At least Auriel has tried to explain her views and reasonings. So she's better to attack because her views are based on religion while ionics arent - that we know of? - wheres the logic in that?

Thanks for that. Moreover I haven't voted since 2000, so really I'm not a voter. So even my one vote, which is only one, is non-existent.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #92
KontanKarite

Quote:

Funny, the "mods" pretty much leave us to ourselves. All we have here are conversations. It has been, to my recollection, only two people here who have threatened lives in conversation. Not only that, but if we were all in a room right now, not only would we all probably be more polite about things, but we would also see those who threatened lives would abstain from such talk and behavior. I mean, do you think that those two people could really take on an entire forum of people in a room?

Interestingly enough, the minimal amount of mods we have, they've let us police ourselves. We're not exactly a smoldering pile of rubble now.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #93
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Wow, what an idiotic statement.
Fine, I'll call the admins so that they can make me a moderator.
Now there's order.
Now we will be going somewhere.
Where do you want to go?
Should our first policy be making "tits or GTFO" comments mandatory in the Introduction thread? Or should we shove ourselves headfirst into creating shitty memes?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #94
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Wow, what an idiotic statement.
Fine, I'll call the admins so that they can make me a moderator.
Now there's order.
Now we will be going somewhere.
Where do you want to go?
Should our first policy be making "tits or GTFO" comments mandatory in the Introduction thread? Or should we shove ourselves headfirst into creating shitty memes?
Isnt that what you've wanted ever since eps left?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #95
Godslayer Jillian

Man, don't even say that. I don't know if you were there, but you should have seen so much shit flung about just because of "moderator powers"
That's the reason Sanctus left.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #96
tekajo

Quote:
Man, don't even say that. I don't know if you were there, but you should have seen so much shit flung about just because of "moderator powers"
That's the reason Sanctus left.
i was here. That was not the case.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #97
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah it was. Geisha accused her of "plotting with the admins" to get everyone out so that she could be a mod.
That's just stupid.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #98
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
So, yeah, arguing religion...
"My god's better than yourrrr god,
My god's better than yourrrrs..."
*Snip*
That's pretty much what arguing religon boils down to. And it only gets worse, look at Israel and Palestine. It never ends. I think if you can have a basic amount of respect for someone else's beliefs, it certainly cuts a lot of the drama out.
I think that's been a problem with America in general, particularly since 9-11. People tend to stereotype and generalize far too frequently, rather than asking questions, listening, and being cool about differences.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #99
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~
I think that's been a problem with America in general, particularly since 9-11. People tend to stereotype and generalize far too frequently, rather than asking questions, listening, and being cool about differences.
That's the best thing I've ever heard you say.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:00 AM   #100
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Yeah it was. Geisha accused her of "plotting with the admins" to get everyone out so that she could be a mod.
That's just stupid.
Geisha was a psycho.