Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
Denchera

Left 4 Dead 2

This is Fuckin' awesome, but I think it's too early to announce a sequel to a game that hasn't even been out for a whole year. But it has zombies so I'm inclined to buy it the day it comes out (November 17.).

Preview: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47...ailer-Released
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
CptSternn

I think it sucks really. This seems to be the same response most people have of this right now.

First, what they are offering is more weapons and scenarios. We were promised this in the DLC, Valve never delivered. They gave us one new mode, and one new scenario for that new mode. The new hoard mode sucks, you play until you die. Fuck me its boring.

They are selling us the DLC they promised us for the price of a new game. That sucks.

What sucks more is right now its hard enough to find an open game - with a new sequel coming out it means L4D is going to have fuck all people playing since many will move to L4D2 - meaning both games will have sparse numbers playing, and you will be fucked no matter if you buy the new one or stick with the original.

I mean, the original isn't even out a few months and they announce a sequel? Thats just feckin ignorant. Who else is going to develop DLC for a game that is out of date a few months after its release?

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for DLC, but the whole idea of releasing DLC as a new sequel is just asinine. It's going to kill the game, and I like L4D.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Raptor

That really is way too short between the two games.

I don't like the first one all that much anyway, even on the multiplayer.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I don't like the first one all that much anyway, even on the multiplayer.
Burn the witch!

Seriously though, this is kind of soon for a sequel. OTOH, Left 4 Dead 1 + chainsaw = paradise.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
Raptor

It's actually my least favourite game out of the ones I own. Definitely not enough weapons. And the zombie controls on versus are pretty cumbersome in my opinion.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #6
Drake Dun

THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS.

Seriously though, I think I understand where you're coming from. There is a little bit of a hump at the front of the learning curve. Once you get over it, though, the game is pure gold. Online, anyway. It's a little bland offline.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
CptSternn

The weapons are lacking, which is why everyone was excited about the DLC they promised which would include more weapons, DLC which now they obviously are NOT going to provide.

Also, I don't like the idea of melee weapons. It makes the game seem cheap and silly, like most other video games in that genre. I mean, right now it plays much like COD, which is kinda kewl - having a semi-realistic feel of a war simulator mixed with the idea of a zombie infestation.

Adding in chainsaws and what-not make it comic, like a million other games which although somewhat entertaining detract from the original feel of the game.

Plus, I mean, of course there is a detach from reality when your playing any sort of game, especially a zombie shooter, but think about attacking a tank with a melee weapon. I mean seriously, the game loses a bit of its overall feel once you have groups of people whacking everything with frying pans, and surviving successfully. Do you really think you can hold off a horde of zombies with a frying pan? The fact you now have that option makes the game play sink IMHO.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Drake Dun

I'll be very surprised if it actually turns out that attacking a tank with a chainsaw is a good idea. :P
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS.

Seriously though, I think I understand where you're coming from. There is a little bit of a hump at the front of the learning curve. Once you get over it, though, the game is pure gold. Online, anyway. It's a little bland offline.
I think the weapon thing is pretty big point for me. Even if lots of weapons in a game aren't always that useful, I like them being there to use now and then.
I played offline first, but it was co-op not single player. Wasn't that great really, even with the difficult turned up. It just didn't really stand out against other shooters for me. And I have tried online since then, playing as survivors was ok I suppose, but I sucked at zombies. I'll probably give it another go when I finish the DLC for Fallout.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
Denchera

Now that you all mention it, I really can see how this could just be as DLC, I'm glad people are boycotting the game. Maybe they can get them to release it as DLC, probably not though.
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote