Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
TalkingBackwards

Hey, I'm Erik.

I don't usually do the forum thing, but I love meeting new people and this one seemed like fun, so I wised up and joined.

I'm currently a college student in California, studying to be an occupational therapist. I've been drawing since I was two years old, and I linked my DeviantArt page in my profile, so if you'd like to look at some of my drawings, feel free to mosey on over and take a gander. I just got a tablet and drawing software, so I'm still getting used to it, but improving quickly. Tips are always welcome!
I also love making stories. I just began writing them down in narrative format a few years ago, so my writing abilities still leave a lot to be desired, but I'm improving in that respect as well. My writings are very personal to me, but I'm thinking of posting something on here. I'm not sure yet.

I've been dressing the way I want to since 7th grade; I sure have come far since then!
Favorite bands include, but not limited to: Skinny Puppy, OhGr, Sisters of Mercy, Joy Division, Tears For Fears, Bauhaus, Sex Gang Children, Tom Waits, Velvet Acid Christ, and all that sort of thing. I looove new music, though, and my playlist is ever expanding.

I've got a blog, Y!Gallery account (site is NSFW), Formspring, Facebook, and an oft-ignored Myspace page. Just ask if you're interested, or go to my DeviantArt page for the links.

Last edited by TalkingBackwards; 02-06-2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: made a mistake!
TalkingBackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

Interesting. Is the tablet a wacom? A friend got one of those and his creative output has expanded exponentially. He really likes it a lot.

Tom Waits. Yeah.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Apathy's_Child

This is pretty cool, yo.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Amunet

welcome. I have a feeling you'll fit right in here
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
creature6

welcome to the mad house.
the best of luck.