Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #526
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Typically they make heels for women and boots for men. The women's flat and men's options are disappearing all the time thanks to the fashion gods.
No, they really aren't. At least not in general.

Quote:
I have wrote an article about selecting shoes. It is general. Actually the whole high heel thing bothers me because I was raised to believe that whores are identified when a person wears a heel taller than two inches during the day or at work. No one really says anything, but there was an uncomfortable situation at school a few years ago. (I wasn't wearing the four inch heels.)

http://creatingconfidence.blogspot.c...hoe-guide.html
Ok, well...despite what you were raised to think, that hasn't been the case for a LONG time. A -very- long time.

I'm starting to wonder about the way you were raised, tbh....
Old 06-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #527
Angelic Dissonance

Quote:
I just want to make the world beautiful!

No body seems to understand these are not complete outfits. They are tips to improve whatever you are working on, because everyone lives in different places, works at different jobs and engage in different social circles; therefore, people have different ideas of what looks good. These tips help people fine tune their look to who they are; instead of, imatating people blindly... and it is really obviously when people look bad in black or have the wrong hair length.

Actually, you probably won't ever witiness my real Goth style. I burned out a long time ago. It's just not worth it to me to get re-involved.
Acting as if you've been certified really doesn't do anything for world beauty... neither does making web videos. Maybe if you wanted to give tips, you should have given tips instead of expecting people to imitate you. I don't imitate anyone, except for my own personal Ideal Self--I try to dress like I'd want the perfect me to dress. I'll never be perfect, I'm not trying to, and I'm also not trying to be someone I'm not... or telling everyone "Your ideas collectively amount to shit; this is how you should do it, asswipe".
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #528
Catch

What's wrong with looking better. Even the style shows don't actually discuss the unique aspects that enhance an individual's traits. If you were paying attention.. at the end everyone should look like a better them... not me. Next topic will revolve around body types. The media prefers hourglasses and carrots, but there is plenty for apple and pencil body types to really bring out their best features.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #529
Zabijej

Quote:
What's wrong with looking better. Even the style shows don't actually discuss the unique aspects that enhance an individual's traits. If you were paying attention.. at the end everyone should look like a better them... not me. Next topic will revolve around body types. The media prefers hourglasses and carrots, but there is plenty for apple and pencil body types to really bring out their best features.
But you don't seem to understand, as everyone's been trying to tell you, your "tips" aren't anything new, ground-breaking or even very good.
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #530
Sinjob

How does a thread like this drag on in such a manner? Tell me that.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #531
Alarica

She's in her 30's and if she hasn't got the message by now, she never will.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #532
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabijej View Post
But you don't seem to understand, as everyone's been trying to tell you, your "tips" aren't anything new, ground-breaking or even very good.
I wouldn't even call them tips.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #533
Zabijej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
I wouldn't even call them tips.
only in her world.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #534
Catch

Oh look, now everyone is a fashionista.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #535
Sinjob

Catch has actually enlightened me in a certain respect. She's shown me what it's like to be over 30 and not have a job or children to worry about. Instead you spend that time on the Internet training the unworthy! Hurrah!

Catch, you are the image of my mother had she not had children and what she'd be like: absolutely crazy. Thank you for showing me this.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #536
Zabijej

Quote:
We're not skeptical toward you because we're ELITE FASHIONISTAZZZ

We're skeptical - and by "skeptical", I mean "not buying your crap for one minute" - because you have nothing to offer.

Why do you think you're telling us anything that's worth listening to?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #537
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
"Fashionista" is what you're trying to be. Protip: You're not succeeding.

And no, not liking your idea of fashion does not make us fashionistas. It makes us people who don't like your idea of fashion. Nothing more, nothing less.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #538
Angelic Dissonance

I hope she argues back. If this thread exceeds 38 pages, I stand to make $23.... and anyway, any 'fashionista' knows that you don't wear REAL clothes.... they wear YOU. (If you consider that to be equivalent to drunken quasi-philosophical meanderings, that's ok. It is.... except but I'm drunk as not as you think you are.... am.... I'm not drurnkn!!!) And vengeance shall I reap.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #539
Catch

Thank you everyone. You're so whatever you are. I can't help never wanting to work 8 to 5 again because it just isn't what I want to do. The last job I worked at offered a $2 raise to stay in the same job. It probably isn't like you think. In fact, I know it isn't. I don't really know any of you that well.

The thing related to body shape is done, but the Goth usage will probably not be done for awhile.

http://creatingconfidence.blogspot.c...dy-shapes.html
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #540
Tam Li Hua

Not many people enjoy the daily grind, Catch; we do it so that we will have money to pay for things like our food, our homes, and our transportation.

Regardless, I haven't really found your suggestions helpful. I mean no offense, but I just don't. I get more out of "What Not To Wear", to be honest, which is a show you should prolly watch sometime.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #541
Catch

I guess. I was thinking about it and realized that it would be awful if anyone took this advice to look more and more hollywood until they start looking freaky. This is just so people can see themselves as attractive people in their regular clothes. However, it can make it so people look attractive in really over the top clothing too. Someone might think they are becoming glamorous when becoming strange and look like they are wearing costumes to the store, work, church and other places.

Everyone keeps bringing up "What not to Wear." I watch the show too, but they rarely reveal their tactics in breaking down the person's features when deciding what will look good on them, they just do it. Then the person goes shopping. However, the difference between everyone magically looks the same at the end.

I would hope people are trying to compile Goth outfits when ready this. Someone brought up "overweight." A black dress with a gold, silver or red ribbon and bow would look great on an apple shape. If they have a long body wear black tights. If they have long legs wear red tights. That would be adorable.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #542
Beneath the Shadows

The problem, I think, is that you give everyone advice which you think is good. Nine times out of ten, that's one of the paths to failure. What you need to do is REC: Go to various places (Gnet being only one) populated by the people you want to appeal to and Request what they think looks good. Then, Examine the results (as well as other people's responses to various results) to determine what might be best. Finally, Compile the results the results and present them. Of course, that's just the basics. If you really want to make an impact, you should also present, along with the compiled results, your takes on some (not all, not even most) particular styles/looks, and pay attention to the feedback. Also, don't be so adversarial to negative criticism. If numerous people say "I don't like them," then you will continue making suggestions that numerous people don't like.

I'm sorry if that was a bit of a ramble. I'm not always the best at putting my thoughts into words.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 06-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #543
Catch

How about opening the thread for people to post pics of themselves using the ideas from the blog to create an attractive goth look and see what kind of reaction they get? Today I am wearing a black dress with black three fourth leggings and flip flops. It is a good hanging around the house while still maintaining my Gothness. No belts long leg, hourglass.

I don't have a forum of my own yet so dispensing ideas to individual people seems weird and it would take a lot of comments in association to one blog. That seems inappropriate. Maybe I'll work on getting my own forum.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #544
Catch

Here is another not really Goth related article going over the issue of healthy diet and adjusting eating habits according to how much a person worksout.

http://creatingconfidence.blogspot.c...nsumption.html
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #545
Duane

That's something Molly Mac could do, much better though.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #546
Catch

Okay. That's good I guess. Anyone know what happened to the ranking system, like mopey and so-on?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #547
Solumina

That went out a while ago, apparently it could be hurtful to new members or something dumb like that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #548
CrimsonPythonidae

Catch you probably scared it away with your dazzling fashion sense. Either that or your numerous tips rendered it an ironic and pointless exercise.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #549
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
That went out a while ago, apparently it could be hurtful to new members or something dumb like that.
Of course, they stop when I want to reach 5,000 posts.

Well I have a couple photos for Long leg hourglass. Summery looks, someone was looking for that.

Shorts
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #550
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Of course, they stop when I want to reach 5,000 posts.

Well I have a couple photos for Long leg hourglass. Summery looks, someone was looking for that.

Shorts

Dress

The 3.4 doesn'tlook too bad because it brings attention to my legs. If I was in balance or had a long torso, probably tone it down with some shear nylons.