Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Mikhailia

People who go for the doll look

On random days I will go for a doll style look... the flat faced, unsmiling look with a cute dress, cute purse and.... stuff... I found that for getting rid of wrinkles, like the ones you get when you move your mouth, use the icy Cold stuff... it is a menthol muscle rub and it will relax those muscles when they bunch up from talking adn smiling or whatever... and it will make that area really flat, I have no crease if I put it on... and I use it on my forehead because I make my expressions with my eyebrows...

What do you guys do to achieve that look in a more prefect way?
Mikhailia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Make your face real, real pale by mixing lemon jucie and peroxide together and applying to your face. Then use red blush and make little round red circles on your cheeks. Then I would suggest curling your hair (if it's long enough) into little pretty curls.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Mikhailia

I just started the peroxide stuff... It worked in a noticable way. ^.^ I go to the mall dressed as a doll and people try to take my picture >< I hate having my picture taken.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
Topaz

I bet you look great! I hope you don't mind but these tips are pretty useful, I've never actually done much to my face when dressing the style of a doll but i may have a go.

Also, i know what you mean about having photos taken but I bet you're more photogenic than me!
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
Solumina

Where do you get your clothing, if you don't mind me asking? I love the lolli look but I can't seem to be able to find many places that have that kind fo stuff, and I don't really have the tallent/time to make my own
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Topaz

If you want EGL dresses made to size you can find loads on ebay. You send your measurements and they'll make the dress and send it to you. That's where I used to get mine. I haven't seen any online stores that sell them, or if I have they have not been of the high quality that many ebay sellers make them to.

I hope this helps!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
Minyaliel

You know, if you go to a thrift store and search around patiently, you should be able to find some clothes that, with the right combination, will fit the EGL style. I have also found skirts and a few other items at places like H&M's when the rocker/ goth style was fashionable, and, combined with some unique pieces it does look very much like a doll's clothes.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
Mikhailia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
If you want EGL dresses made to size you can find loads on ebay. You send your measurements and they'll make the dress and send it to you. That's where I used to get mine. I haven't seen any online stores that sell them, or if I have they have not been of the high quality that many ebay sellers make them to.

I hope this helps!
I make most my stuff without patterns... maybe I will hsare some of that later... but I need pictures...

I get mine on Ebay as was mentioned...
www.metamorphose.gr.jp has EGL (I love it!) but i have never brought form them... my friend said thay are very nice. I love their styles adn get inspiration for wahtI make from them...
Old 08-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #9
Mikhailia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
You know, if you go to a thrift store and search around patiently, you should be able to find some clothes that, with the right combination, will fit the EGL style. I have also found skirts and a few other items at places like H&M's when the rocker/ goth style was fashionable, and, combined with some unique pieces it does look very much like a doll's clothes.
One thing that works... for the short puffy skirts... get square dancing clothes... I get black skirts adn black and white lacy underskirts... Oh... it is so cute... I sew lace on... and I can make them pretty cute... i need to get my dads digital camera or one of my own, and take pictures...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #10
Mikhailia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
I bet you look great! I hope you don't mind but these tips are pretty useful, I've never actually done much to my face when dressing the style of a doll but i may have a go.

Also, i know what you mean about having photos taken but I bet you're more photogenic than me!
Not particularily... I hate my picture... I had to fight myself to get my temp. lisense picture taken. the icy cold stuff, the first time, may take a couple applications... but any menthol rub will work... I love beinga doll...

I like to go to the mall and just sit on the benches. Then my friends come and make me walk more in my six inch highheels I am partial to... ><
Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
Topaz

Ah yes i have some shoes a bit like that... I don't get to wear them very often though, I can't bear wearing them for more than a few hours.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
Mikhailia

Fun stuff... I just found those boots maybe two weeks ago... and forgot I had them... Then wore them agian when i foudn them... I must be the most unorganized person on earth
Old 08-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #13
Topaz

Wow I'm actually goig to try and bear my shoes tomorrow. They're not hard to walk in, just make my feet tired. I just yesterday bought some new boots as well (White, knee length, lace up platforms) because they're really cute and will go with my EGL dresses. Now I just have to wait for them to ship over from Japan... waiting's always the hardest part.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #14
thebloodflowers

Location: in,.....a house....in a country...in queensland...in maleny
aww cool thats going to look cute...maybe you could try putting ribbion in your hair...would look nice...along with the ringlets
thebloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #15
Mikhailia

I haven't been on recently -gotta catch up.- I do ringlets adn little braids sometimes... I haven't tried ribbons, but I am making a fall out of my own hair... I love that... it's makes my hair longer if I do it right.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #16
deamon doll

well i like wearing my hair in pigtails with a bandana wrapped around the temples and the hair pieces on the sides. tons of skirts and fishnet stockings. but this look is more of the cute dead school girl, but you cant go wrong wit it
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #17
Mikhailia

Not at all... I recently did a cowgirl outfit, all in black... It was cute, especially with how my makeup was. I figure anything can be done "Gothic" I was a dead cowgirl I guess ^.^' Or one at a funeral.

(what I wore if anyone cares: puffy square dance skirt with no lace, a button up top tired calypso, with a udnershirt in red, and some platform shoes.... All bought second hands ><))
Old 08-28-2006, 05:22 AM   #18
Topaz

That sounds really good. Dead cowgirl... interesting. I need to do something with my hair. It's too long to just leave to do its own thing like I usually do... I might go out and buy some cute ribbons
Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
Rylee

I've been told i look rather doll like however i don't intend to look that way oh well i enjoy it.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote