Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #301
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I remember when I thought I was a Satanist. Then it kind of hit me how naieve I was being. I forever smack myself on the forehead for it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #302
Belos

I can recall, when satanisim started to move into the mainstream, and stars like Sammy Davis Jr etc.....started hagning out with a very YOUNG Anton LaVey. It sort of normalized it and hollywood even got to chasing it. It started to creep into music as more and more acceptable and then it went on more.

Then, all the kids started studying it and all these little self-formed covens sprang up.

I knew and still know, young people today who think they can steal a cat and drink it's blood and they are REALLY doing some serious shit with old Scratch.

But I've been friends for many years (how the hell I attracted these sort of friends I still don't know) with real and true coven members. Generational Satanists and similar - the kind that if they really wanted to, could adjure for something to appear, and not care about the cost.

The fledgling satanist scares me, only because they are fanatical nut-jobs. The real ones do as much "scare" me, as raise the hackles down my back and make me very aware-that evil really is a tangible force.
Belos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #303
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond
Well, the guy's gotta do something while he waits for the hentai to download. ^_^
I should use that as my sig. I like hentai...
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #304
OnixxFilth

Oh wow, killing pets is completely ANTI-satanic- they revere animals as being the closest to the natural primal state of humans. Plus it's just plain mean!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #305
BLEED REBELION!!!

okay i havent done that much research so im just shooting in the dark.
lets say hypotheticaly that satan wasnt evil that he is realy a vilaniezed hero. God wanted humans to be ignorant satan defied him in the garden of eden and gave the adam and eve the apple (knoledge)
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #306
Godslayer Jillian

Satan doesn't exist. Why bother with such a (badly spelt and phrased) hypothesis?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #307
LostAndCrazy

hahaha, new kids on the block and their misconceived notions of Satanism.
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #308
Pyre

It annoys me how many people think that Satanism has anything to do with worshiping Satan, regardless. I can understand the misconception, as it does seem that way through its name, but it's a false assumption nonetheless.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #309
Mick Ignis

In my experience, Satanists are just asshole atheists with big egos. At least, that's how it is today. The Church of Satan died when Anton died. It's pretty much a joke now. It's lost the fun humor that it once had, becoming exactly what it was once against. Stanton Lavey is a cool guy (Anton's grandson), and he keeps the true ideals of the church alive but he doesn't have anything to do with the church itself.

I am religionless though. I have no use for those types of things.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #310
LostAndCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
In my experience, Satanists are just asshole atheists with big egos. At least, that's how it is today. The Church of Satan died when Anton died. It's pretty much a joke now. It's lost the fun humor that it once had, becoming exactly what it was once against. Stanton Lavey is a cool guy (Anton's grandson), and he keeps the true ideals of the church alive but he doesn't have anything to do with the church itself.

I am religionless though. I have no use for those types of things.
I agree. I myself am not a Satanist either. It just pisses me off that people go posting shit without having a fucking clue.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #311
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
In my experience, Satanists are just asshole atheists with big egos.
Well, I am a satanist.
And I have to say, you're right.
Except I'm not an asshole.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #312
Jayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
It annoys me how many people think that Satanism has anything to do with worshiping Satan, regardless. I can understand the misconception, as it does seem that way through its name, but it's a false assumption nonetheless.
^

My girlfriend started to check it out. The religion is right for some people, and for others it's not. Personally, I believe that you should simply build your own belief system based on what makes sense to you. You have no right to tell others what to believe, and others have no right to tell you what to believe.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #313
LostAndCrazy

I disagree with Satanism's stance on drug use. I loathe drugs, crack, cocaine, alcohol, cigarettes etc. But I find the theory that Psilocybin Magic Mushrooms and Marijuana actually aided our evolutionary process quite plausible.

Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution by Terence Mckenna

An interesting book to say the least.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #314
LostAndCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden
^

My girlfriend started to check it out. The religion is right for some people, and for others it's not. Personally, I believe that you should simply build your own belief system based on what makes sense to you. You have no right to tell others what to believe, and others have no right to tell you what to believe.
Ah, I posted just that in my introduction thread as well. =) And welcome to G.Net if I have not said so already.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #315
Pyre

I am without a religion, and I do build my own beliefs. Actually, I don't really hold beliefs, but moreso I hold possibilities. The only thing I truly believe is that just about anything is possible when it comes to religion, as most of my "beliefs" are contradictory because of the way I feel and think. I am complex about such things, and I have actually ruined or hurt friendships over it.

Agnosticism can be oh so difficult.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #316
An Eccentric Cellist

I like your idea, Jayden.
I am an agnostic, and occasionally jump around on the subject to what ever suits me at that particular moment.

Jilli you have your moments of asshole-ism.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #317
Mick Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Well, I am a satanist.
And I have to say, you're right.
Except I'm not an asshole.
Oh, I have many satanic friends who are a pleasure to be around. None of them are part of the church though. They just follow the Doctors teachings. I would say that the majority are jerks, but there are a good amount of cool satanists.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #318
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
Jilli you have your moments of asshole-ism.
Hahaha, that's right.

EDIT:
Except I'm not essentially an asshole.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #319
Jayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
Ah, I posted just that in my introduction thread as well. =) And welcome to G.Net if I have not said so already.
Why thank you. Ya, self-belief is my end-all solution. Organized religion inevitably leads to corruption and omg-bad-stuff.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #320
An Eccentric Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hahaha, that's right.

EDIT:
Except I'm not essentially an asshole.
Yes, I know. That's why I only said you have your moments.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #321
BLEED REBELION!!!

well i said i havent done any research. if u think im wrng can some one send me an email explaining what satanism realy is . i know there are different types but im pretty much in the dark about the whole thing .
Old 12-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #322
BLEED REBELION!!!

my email is xxxdeadlytearsxxx@**********
Old 12-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #323
Minyaliel

Bleed rebelion - your email doesn't show up. I'm a Satanist aswell, and a scholar of religion. If you wish, you may contact me at minyaliel (a) gmail .com (without the spaces, of course).
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #324
LostAndCrazy

Nah, people like to be spoon fed. Thats just the way it is really.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #325
Godslayer Jillian

They would never understand the fnords.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: