Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #76
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I'd like to start this post with...BAH...

Xcema - You actually admit to shopping at hot topic and defending mansons music. All I can say is go back to study hall and come back once you hit puberty.
Oh wait... oh wait... I didn't catch that part... yeah...

So wait... If you happen to shop at a store that offers what you want, regardless of its mainstream values, that nullifies you being a "goth"????

If you happen to like the sound of a particular artist, you are no longer goth?!

So... if I happen to, say... like a certain rap song, I'm not goth anymore?

If I hang around on forums, trying to plead my case to everyone about how I'm so much cooler than them for ___ reasons... even if I can't prove a single one of them... I'm goth?

SWEET! Hey! Hey wanker! Uhhh....

Andrew Eldritch... he has a picture of me as a baby, when my diapers were more gothic than you. Since you know him so well and all, why not go over to his place and check it out. I was all decked out in some pretty sweet stuff. yeah...

And... I support a terrorist organization... The Block Quebecois! Les seperatistes!!!

Go on and pine for the old days... But they aren't coming back.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #77
Manimal

This whole thread has become a disgrace to Terry's memory... but since that means very little to me personally I'd just like to point out the turn in Sternn's attitude.

Wow.

Either he's giving up the politics and going back to being whatever it was he was like before he was enlightened or he recently had a birthday and realized how old he is and he's done very little with his life and feels the need to try and bring others down to make himself feel better.

I don't know. Don't care. The insults going back and forth is ghey - some of it is funny but still ghey.

Anyhoo - To Sternn: I never got into the whole makeup thing. We called those guys goth fags. I did wear tights and chains and all the other accessories but then I grew up and realized that I didn't need all that to express myself. I thought, Sternn, that you would have gotten to that point to being as worldly as you claim to be but that's ok. Maybe I'm simply not Goth anymore and that's ok too. I still have more in common with the people of this board than you do Mr Sternn. Same with Alkilyu who's about as Goth as a pink bicycle seat. Why is this? Because we don't think we are better than everyone else.

Oh yeah - Al and I share EPS - I get her on MWF and he gets her on T and Th and we tag team that shizzle on the weekends, yo. If you believe that then we should get together and talk politics cause we might have some ideas in common.

The politics board was the worst thing to happen to this site.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #78
DreamCase

Yeah I thought this thread was about Terry Schiavo too, but while I am here...

Sternn-you are much more "gawth" and obviously so much smarter than everyone*vomits*, I desire to be enlightened. Why are you still here and posting?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #79
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
Quote:
See, this is Gothic.Net. Not that we give a fuck about your right wing politics. This is a place where men wear lipstick, fishnets, and dance to Robert Smith. Tis the place where we hate everyone, including you. Tis where we talk about all the kewl shite we found at the thrift store, and write poetry about death. Tis a place where suicide is often considered, and frequently talked about. Tis the place where manson is laughed at and hot topic is something you never admit to visiting, but know you must go there when you run out of punky color and the aforementioned lipstick.

(Staples hand to forehead)
WORD.
pitseleh - based upon your recent posts, this made me laugh.

HA!

and dreamcase - i think half of what he laid down was supposed to come across as tongue-in-cheek, although it wouldn't surprise me if he meant every word - on the sly.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #80
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
When your not wasting time on silly pix, you have your head so far up her arse, I'm sure you can taste what she eats for dinner.
Why it was Creme O' AlKilyu of course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
This
Oh yeah - Al and I share EPS - I get her on MWF and he gets her on T and Th and we tag team that shizzle on the weekends, yo.
And you guys wonder why I walk with a limp?

Notice the Celestial Firestorm shooting out of Peter the Python as he ravages me mercilessly!!

:oops:

The guys forgot to mention that on every third full moon during leap year when it falls on a Tuesday, they ravage each other!!

WOW!!

WE

ARE

SO

GOTH!!!

:shock:
Old 04-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #81
edible_eye

ah... good times.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #82
AlKilyu

DAYUM.

Today has been busy and I haven't had a chance to flame Sternn yet...but from the looks of it...

you all have flamed Captain Never Served's ass plenty! :shock:
Old 04-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #83
edible_eye

just because - this pic fuckin' rocks sternn's gothic balls. if i've committed a bandwidth violation, i humbly apologize.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:19 PM   #84
AlKilyu

Agreed.

Actually, I think this thread should be split from when Sternn started making an ass of himself into a new thread.

Oh and even though "I'm gothier than you" is the weakest argument since "I've know Weaselboy __ years", I am curious: After being on this site for so long who is a mod?

Oh that's right, Xnguela!

That HAS to hurt!

Okay back to being nice...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:26 PM   #85
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Agreed.

Actually, I think this thread should be split from when Sternn started making an ass of himself into a new thread.

Oh and even though "I'm gothier than you" is the weakest argument since "I've know Weaselboy __ years", I am curious: After being on this site for so long who is a mod?

Oh that's right, Xnguela!

That HAS to hurt!

Okay back to being nice...
Well said, Al... Well said.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 04-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #86
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Well said, Al... Well said.
Actually, I was gonna say the same about one of your posts today, Dis, but by the time I had time to respond, so much had transpired...

Oh and thanks. ^_^
Old 04-06-2005, 07:22 AM   #87
CptSternn

Actuslly if you follow the posts back, you will see until a few posts ago, I have never made any person attacks.

Tis not true of ally. The past say 10 or so were all attacks and non-topic related. Once three or so others decided to chime in with their personal attacks, and I got the ok for retalliation, well, I put it out there like it is.

So I wasn't the one do derailed the topic here - look back and see for yourself.

Futhermore, I don't have time for being a mod. Sure I could be if I want, but have other irons in the fire. Maybe I should be a mod here though...

And as far as days past? Pffftt. Did anyone not see the new Pigface tour? You may have heard of them? Or KMFDM? Ministry? Yeah, see the music posts. See, the scene is still here, I am working gigs across the globe, literally here in Europe and the states, all while ye sit and bitch about trite shite here. My point is yeah, tis a grand forum, but in the end - this is GOTHIC.NET and if your not into the subculture and out enojying it in public, then what the fuck are you doing here on THIS message board?

Just got finished working with Icon Of Coil, and now working with the lads from Acumen Nation on a project. Also got some remix gigs coming up.

And for the lad who asked about why is a die-hard G/I lad like myself into politics? Well, I spin or work security 2 nites a week. Leaves me with alot of free time. I spend it in the ways I want - fixin bikes, helping local political groups, and drinkin. Of course it all kinda comes together - because I help setup events for not only large bands and tours, but political events as well. I have the resources and connections to get sound rigs and engineers into the venues needed for various politico events. So thats how alot of this originally came about, if you were curious.

But most importantly, I was here before all of you, and will be here long after you all fuck off. Why? Because I am GAF. Tis not just a style of dress, tis a way of life.

For reference - me with Andy from Bella Morte and Rick Danger - the same night the previous pic Ally posted is from last September. Bound Summer Masqurade Ball VIII - the largest BDSM event on the East Coast. I opened for Bella Morte and worked in between Ego Likeness and Mindless Faith. But hey, thats just the kinda amazing DJ I am.

http://www.sternn.com/stuff/Bound_SMB_8

If I wanted to I'd say that I have backstage/crew passes for Oxegen - not because I want to party with Green Day, Prodigy, or any of those other bands playing (www.oxegen.ie), but just so I can go meet and have a few drinks with New Order.

Slán
Old 04-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #88
WolfMoon

this is GOTHIC.NET and if your not into the subculture and out enojying it in public, then what the fuck are you doing here on THIS message board?

I've said much the same thing to people that are no longer here.

And I don't agree that politics was a bad idea.Some people's reactions to it have been rather bad though.I've actually learned a bit since it's inception and I hope that it stays around so I can learn even more.

Anywho, I'm glad that Terry's gone,but they could've helped the poor girl along a little.I've never starved so I don't know what the truth of the matter is concerning agony or obliviousness, but at least it's over.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #89
AlKilyu

Quote:
Futhermore, I don't have time for being a mod. Sure I could be if I want, but have other irons in the fire. Maybe I should be a mod here though...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sternn you know that is an out and out lie. You know that. I know it for a fact. So this proves you make shit up that would be difficult for others to verify...well this time you got caught.

Much like how we know you never spent a day in the military.

Quote:
Because I am GAF. Tis not just a style of dress, tis a way of life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
To Sternn: I never got into the whole makeup thing. We called those guys goth fags.
So...
G oth
A and
F aggy

?

There is nothing wrong with being gay, btw...don't let anyone tell you different...
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #90
AlKilyu

Quote:

For reference - me with Andy from Bella Morte and Rick Danger - the same night the previous pic Ally posted is from last September.

What does that have to do with anything? Do you even realize no one cares?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #91
Manimal

You know - I like this side of Sternn. The "I'm Goth as fuck so fuck off". It works with me. He's been in the scene and met people - hey I've been in the scene and met people as has EPS and many others. Some of us grew up and moved on. Well not totally moved on else we wouldnt be here - we go to shows and clubs when we can (which isn't often what with college, career, children, and all that) but we no longer base our coolness on who we're talking to or in pictures with. If that works for you, Sternn, great. Go with it.

However, the one thing I still don't like is the "I'm Goth as Fuck and Old School as fuck and I've met a bunch of people that are part of a niche subculture (if you can call it that) so my life is better than yours ya lazy sods so fuck off".

I mean really - how can you say: "See, the scene is still here, I am working gigs across the globe, literally here in Europe and the states, all while ye sit and bitch about trite shite here." when you are right here along with us posting trite shite? - and everything on this site is mighty trite shite in the big picture that is our lives.

Whatever - Sternn - Keep up the good work with the DJ'ing and setting up shows and tours and whatnot. That's cool and best of luck with your future endeavers. Stick with what you know. Do try to stay out of the elitist style debating and slamming US politics/life style/ whatever for no reason other than shock and otherwise attempting to be a know-it-all cause it makes you look like a dumbass. Your life is not better than mine and you are not more important to the world than me but hey - your right is to believe what you want.

Peace.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #92
CptSternn

Tstone & Man -

Wow, where were ye with sensible posts like that a month ago?

Anyway, you moved on, and I know how that is. I actually know many people who have done that, but they eventually fade from us here. Tis why I am working on getting the 'old krewe' together and back here. Tis a tedious process wioth many offline and the rest with new locations and no more using their 'nick' in public.

It's also good to see someone who knows a little about the scene actually posting here. So many here are just blow in's who bought a manson CD. Good to see the real blood flowing back in.

I'm going to start another topic to continue this, as I had a grand idea of how to integrate this topic with a political conversation, but do not want to do so at the expense of the Terri Feeding Tube topic.

Slán
Closed Thread