Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Saya

This Veteran's Day brought to you by the letter E, people riot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_782290.html

Quote:
Happy Veterans Day, to one and all, but especially to the folks over at Google, who thought they'd commemorate the occasion by altering their logo to suit the occasion, only to be reminded that the world is full of people who are crazy and freaked-out on a 24-hour basis about Sharia law!

Google's design today uses the staff of a waving American flag as the "L" in its name, which means Old Glory itself obstructs the "E" in it's name, leaving most of the letter obscured, save for the OMGZ ISLAM CREEPING CALIPHATE TAKEOVER CRESCENT, obviously.

Just look at this terrifying logo:

And thus we manufacture the only thing Americans make anymore: screaming-meemie controversy. This one guy at Associated Content surveyed all of the "Tweets via Twitter" that have, thus far, been twat:

Reactions on Twitter have ranged from shock to disappointment at Google's choice of doodle designs for Veterans Day.

LaughTech on Twitter enlarged the logo and set its caption as "Google says, 'Happy Veterans Day, Islam'".

AdrianTweeting makes a similar observation: "The Veterans Day Google logo kind of makes the "e" on the end look like a sinister Islamic crescent lurking behind the flag. Unfortunate."

RL from Product-Reviews.net sums up the outrage perfectly, "An American flag covering a partial showing Islamic crescent moon...good job GOOGLE...way to do your part to further fan the flames of tension between the western world and the Islamic community. Lets see how you play dumb and spin this."

Exactly. Way to go, Google. Give crazies such as Pamela Geller, Terry Jones and Tea Party patriots the fuel they need to wage an all-out slugfest of vitriol against Islam for ruining an American tradition. The Google doodle is distasteful at best, hateful at worst, for this Veterans Day.

And things get rather screechily self-righteous from there:

Your Google doodle is supposed to enlighten and educate those who click on it, not cause a rift between two world powers.

Good lord, dude, IT IS THE LETTER "E." Many episodes of Sesame Street were sponsored by this letter.

Anyway, this is your periodic reminder that not everyone successfully reaches Piaget's formal operational stage of cognitive development.
This Veteran's Day, or Remembrance Day for my fellow Canadians, remember what is really important. Fighting anything at all that resembles Islamic.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
ape descendant

Wow, just wow.... this kind of crap makes me want to cry. I am so tired of people being so uptight, blind, and stupid.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Alan

It's exactly the same fucking font as always. These people find anti-americanism literally everywhere and then complain when we call them bigots.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Oh for the love of Allah...

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
OnyxBat

Thats just stupid, why make it into something big. Google has always come out with a holiday theme logo its not like they had the intentions of making it like that.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Fuck them all. Nuke them from orbit and use their fucking ashes as compost.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
ape descendant

I bet they'd make better compost if we were to toss the dead bodies in the pile of grass clippings instead of burning them to ashes in a nuclear explosion of death. I would hope the smell would be worth it... I bet the corn would be delicious.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
I bet they'd make better compost if we were to toss the dead bodies in the pile of grass clippings instead of burning them to ashes in a nuclear explosion of death. I would hope the smell would be worth it... I bet the corn would be delicious.
Don't just leave them concentrated in bodily form under grass, grinding them into a paste that can be sprayed would be more efficient and would fertilize more surface area:

Old 11-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
d0p3y

some on is trying way too hard...

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
HumanePain

Actually it wasn't any effort at all.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
in.the.moon

hahahahah.aw
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #12
CptSternn

Jon Stewart addressed this like two years ago when the repubs were claiming all sorts of business logos had hidden islamic meanings.

Everything can be seen as a secret code for anything you want, if you let it. You can find a hidden meaning in anything if you really want - like seeing images in clouds. 24 hour new channels, or propaganda channels, have to fill time with content. If they run out, they are more than happy to manufacture a controversy like this to fill dead air.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #13
Versus

God fucking damn it.

I don't understand who would want to view fucking google as a god damn ambassador of a pretend enemy.

It is a fucking search engine you stupid mother fuckers.

God fucking damn it. It pains me to see a perfectly good day off from work that I did not even get used to spread such... I don't even know the string of words to aptly describe this level of stupid.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #14
Dama de los Cuervos

Anything to scare people stupid and start a fight.
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote