Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Alan

I don't know how one could be goth and be for the Gulf Spill

Come on, people! This is such a serious issue!
How can you be goth and not sympathetic to the gulf spill?

What thikest thou?

I think that it's an important issue....
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Well for one thing it is the best thing that has happened for the local economy. My Aunt's longtime partner is a commander in the Coast Guard who was sent there, and she says that:

1) the beaches have never been cleaner! Before the spill there were old tires, trash and even rusty bikes and cars in the sand, and now with the cleaning equipment that goes down 15 feet into the sand the beaches are the best in recent history.

2) the hotels have almost nonexistent vacancy rates, restaurants are busy

3) unemployment is now far lower than the rest of the nation

4) BP has been paying claims left and right.

So I AM sympathetic for the spill! Now let's go trash Pensacola Florida and trigger a disaster area there too...beach nominations anyone? Just not in California please.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Angelic Dissonance2

Without the Gulf Spill, we would never have had BP(now DP) to thank for drilling on the moon and releasing the glorious darkness of Cthulhu, subsequently ending the life of Justin Bieber. Damn that Mint-Berry Crunch!!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...on-2-hindsight

A three-part episode.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Catch

I'm not for the Gulf spill. In fact I hope the BPA? gets everything coming to them. However, I am for the United States opening resources and then we get to deal with this stuff here, write the rules and people can see what consumerism is doing to the world first hand.

Sorry, I have a hard time feeling sympathetic. We need like 100 textile mills yesterday. Should have opened farm land for agriculture a long time ago. We need more mines and everything it takes to get what is needed to support the american public from america.

I wonder if it was one of these ecoterrorists doing it to stop the USA from opening resources. They are total retards. It is as though they don't know they pump hundreds of gallons of oil in the Middle-East to fuel a frieghter to send t-shirt and toys back to the USA. The freighter is burning gasoline all the way from Hong Kong to the USA and they're there like "Hey, you should worry about your carbon footprint," or "You should think about Mother Earth and stop mining."

I shouldn't be so rude though. There is no actual proof that they did anything. It could be an accident and Maybe they also support the idea of opening resources.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Saya

But now the gulf is black! And the birds are black! They're as black as my cold dead heart! How can you be goth and NOT for the Gulf spill?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
in.the.moon

Weight the good and bad of the oil spill happening or not. If the oil spill hadn't happened cleaning of the beaches would not be on the agenda of...people in charge of this. If it hadn't happened many many birds would wouldn't be covered in black goey stuff that will probably lead to their premature death
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
Weight the good and bad of the oil spill happening or not. If the oil spill hadn't happened cleaning of the beaches would not be on the agenda of...people in charge of this. If it hadn't happened many many birds would wouldn't be covered in black goey stuff that will probably lead to their premature death
Next time, when you're trying to sound even remotely intelligent, try not having every other word spelled wrong. It helps.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
in.the.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Next time, when you're trying to sound even remotely intelligent, try not having every other word spelled wrong. It helps.
Weight=spelled right(capitalized since it's the first word of a sentence)
the=spelled right(I wrote this four times and at all times the word consisted of t-h-&e)
good=spelled right
and=spelled right
of=spelled right
oil=spelled right
spill=spelled right
hadn't=spelled right
happened=spelled right
cleaning=spelled right
beaches=spelled right
would=spelled right
not=spelled right
agenda=spelled right
people=spelled right
in=spelled right
charge=spelled right
this=spelled right
it=spelled right
many=spelled right
birds=spelled right
covered=spelled right
black=spelled right
goey=spelled right(it is a word in the dictionary)
stuff=spelled right
that=spelled right
probably=spelled right
lead=spelled right
their=spelled right
premature=spelled right
death=spelled right
Each and every other word I wrote was spelled right so there's no need for your advice. Now, 'would' and 'wouldn't' were right besides each other; I guess I didn't catch that, but even there both of the words were spelled right. So don't be so fucking anal and think before you give out advice.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
in.the.moon

Sorry for the length of the thread..
Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
PortraitOfSanity

My mistake, I honestly meant to criticize your grammar. So you receive one of my rare apologies. I had just woke up, and thought one thing and wrote another. Anyway:

"Weight the pros and cons" "on the agenda of...people" "any birds would wouldn't be "

I just hate when I read shit that sounds like a 12 year old texted it to me.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
in.the.moon

Actually I didn't write "Weight the pro and cons". I thought about saying this but didn't for a very good reason..And I find nothing wrong with "on the agenda..."
& like wrote before, I didn't realize I had already typed would( I was going to add the n't, obviously) when I re-typed wouldn't. That is a mistake that is so obvious I have no idea why you would point it out
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
vindicatedxjin

I should have been the bp oil spill for halloween. I would have worn a garbage bag and glued dead fish all over me.
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote