Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
Ryukil

Applying eyeliner.

I just tried it for the first time but, alas, I am terrible and inexperienced. It didn't come out right at all. I'm looking for a smudge effect, to make myself look as sleep-deprived as is possible.

Any ideas for my particular eyes?
http://img263.imageshack.us/i/dsc0265gn.jpg/
Ryukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
in.the.moon

Do you want it top or bottom or both?...
Applying eyeliner is quite easy once you get the hang of it. Stick to a mechanical, pencil, cream or gel eyeliner for now.

Get a smudging brush OR a mechanical eyeliner w/ smudger on the end.

Now what i would do is fill in the waterline and bottom eyelash line with eyeliner and with the smudger go over it a couple of times making downward strokes until you're happy with the results. There's no perfect way to do this since you're going for the "sleepy look" so practice, practice, practice

I hope this helps, oh and on youtube check out Smudged Black Eyeliner Evening Look
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Mandarinz

Put in on super thick the night before, sleep in it, then use a Q tip to clean/fix it up a bit in the morning.
Mandarinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
in.the.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarinz View Post
Put in on super thick the night before, sleep in it, then use a Q tip to clean/fix it up a bit in the morning.
and get an eye infection!!! such as a stye???

totally disagree, not taking off your makeup before going to sleep calls for a disaster
Old 12-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Mandarinz

^Ew! That has never happened to me, otherwise I wouldn't do it. I normally take it off, but I find if I leave even just a little bit, it looks fine in the morning.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
in.the.moon

I used to be careless about taking off my makeup, but when I was 13 I got an eye infection very likely because of that(said the doctor), It was so bad that I had to have surgery. I actually have a stye right now. Its barely visible but I can't use any of my new makeup things until it goes away so I don't get them infected. Hopefully this one goes away in a couple of days. But yeah...

ps: that was not my eye
Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
^^v^^

For a nice smudgy look, I actually don't use eyeliner I go straight to eyeshadow, applying it with a lip stain brush. You can be a bit more creative with your colouring that way and it's easier to fix if you mess up, though that's my opinion.
^^v^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
Mandarinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
I used to be careless about taking off my makeup, but when I was 13 I got an eye infection very likely because of that(said the doctor), It was so bad that I had to have surgery. I actually have a stye right now. Its barely visible but I can't use any of my new makeup things until it goes away so I don't get them infected. Hopefully this one goes away in a couple of days. But yeah...

ps: that was not my eye
I didn't think it was your eye. Yeah, I never took makeup off when I was younger, but now, I'm religious about taking foundation off, but lazy with eyeliner.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:29 AM   #9
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^^v^^ View Post
For a nice smudgy look, I actually don't use eyeliner I go straight to eyeshadow, applying it with a lip stain brush. You can be a bit more creative with your colouring that way and it's easier to fix if you mess up, though that's my opinion.
Definitely this. If you're after a hollow-eyed look, it's much easier to achieve with shadow. Even if you decide to use pencil liner, a little shadow on top to set and soften it is usually a good idea - especially if you're anything like me, i.e. so pale that pencil makes your eyes look like two black slabs of shit. I only really wear mascara during the day, but it's nice to doll up occasionally and eyeshadow is a quicker & easier way of doing it for me.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
Rylee

Make sure you get a good long lasting waterproof eyeliner otherwise you will have to reapply it all day.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote