Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
a morbid curiosity

Mother Avenges ****

I was playing with my Stumbleupon button and this came up.
'Tis like something out of a movie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ng-rapist.html
Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Ahhhh, Spanish people.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
a morbid curiosity

I just realised that this pretty old, but fuck it, it remains a crazy tale.

"Hey, everybody! Someone fell down the stairs a decade ago? Isn't that so totally insane?!"

Baha. I suck.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
Alatariel

Well, I'm glad she did that.
Alatariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
Fae-wolf

WOAH!

i would have cheered for her!
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

Revenge is never good or acceptable.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
Mir

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
drewsilla

I'm sorry, but if it was my daughter, niece or even cousin I think I'd do the same thing.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
CptSternn

We already have three identical threads on this topic. Who is to say the man even said anything?

How do we know he wasn't mentally retarded?

All you have is the word of the lady who committed the crime - the man died and was never able to tell his side.

Everyone above who is cheering on this behaviour should be ashamed. Cheering on the burning death of another human whom you don't even know and are not familiar with the facts surrounding the situation.

Should they start burning criminals at the stake because simpletons enjoy satiating their blood lust? Who should we start with? People who don't pay their taxes? I say burn them alive first, because thats the civil thing to do.

Then we can then move on to retarded people who commit murder, people in wheelchairs who smoke joints, and later people who make rude gestures while driving.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
Duane

Then let's kill those damn fat people, they wasting air and food!!! In fact, lets start with me!!! Burn me mother fuckers! Burn me alive!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla View Post
I'm sorry, but if it was my daughter, niece or even cousin I think I'd do the same thing.
That's because you aren't evolved enough not to.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #12
CrimsonPythonidae

Well this has been a lovely bed time thread . .
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla View Post
Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #14
Bonquisha Brown

Underwater Ophelia and Joker, You shouldn't give drewsilla so much crap for that statement. You're acting like the woman set a saint on fire. You have to remember that this man is a rapist, and while what the woman certainly did was wrong, ultimately it's better that he died than be released from prison and potentially **** another girl. Not a woman, but a young girl. I'm sure you'd both feel much different if either you are a loved one was *****.
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:31 AM   #15
Seidre

Mm, I'm going with CptSternn on this.
What do any of us know about that man?
Perhaps he deserved such an excrutiatingly painful death. Perhaps he was innocent. Who are we to judge? All we have to go off of is that article, which tells us nothing other than the fact that a woman burned a man to death because he was apparently convicted of ****** her daughter. For all we know he didn't even do it.

And even if he did...Let's say all of the facts in that article are true...What if he wasn't taunting her? What if he spent his years in prison consumed with guilt and actually wanted to know how her daughter was doing? What if he learned? Would he still deserve to be burned to death?

And even if he did do it and he wasn't sorry...What right did she have to take his life away, especially in such a barbaric manner? Her mind was ruled by rage, not justice. The punishment did not fit the crime.

**** is a horrible thing. Awful. But murder is much worse. And in this case, there aren't enough facts to cover all the bases. Only the word of a mad woman.

Drewsilla...Would you really stoop to such a thing? Imagine. Your daughter is alive. She may be hurt mentally, but she can pull through, overcome the pain, and grow stronger. This man spent nine years in prison, was released for a three day pass. Three days of freedom while your daughter has her whole life ahead of her. Would allow yourself to lose so much control that you would risk putting yourself in prison to burn an already captured man? That seems so selfish to me...It helps nobody, only mollifies a crazed mindset. And the fix is only temporary.
Seidre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #16
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonquisha Brown View Post
You're acting like the woman set a saint on fire. You have to remember that this man is a rapist, and while what the woman certainly did was wrong, ultimately it's better that he died than be released from prison and potentially **** another girl. Not a woman, but a young girl. I'm sure you'd both feel much different if either you are a loved one was *****.
Well, no offense, but might I ask: was the woman a 'saint' herself to be given the authority to carry out such a judgement. I mean, I think there's something wrong with your argument. You can't fix a wrong with another wrong. That's why laws are set. If we were to place ourselves above that standard, how different would we be from criminals who refuse to be governed by the same set of rules? We might as well be stoning everyone we think isn't a saint to death. That'll make a better world: zero human population.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #17
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Underwater Ophelia and Joker, You shouldn't give drewsilla so much crap for that statement. You're acting like the woman set a saint on fire. You have to remember that this man is a rapist, and while what the woman certainly did was wrong, ultimately it's better that he died than be released from prison and potentially **** another girl. Not a woman, but a young girl.
Won't SOMEBODY think of the children?!?!

You know your argument is bullshit when you need to resort to imagery of wide-eyed innocents to manipulate people into agreeing with you. Is the **** of a grown woman any less traumatic than the **** of a young girl? I genuinely don't know, but I suspect you don't either.

Yeah...... other than that, I agree with pretty much everything Seidre said.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Necrophagist

Ahhh Mexicans.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
Bonquisha Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
Ahhh Mexicans.
She was Spainish...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #20
Bonquisha Brown

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. I know what the woman did was absolutely unacceptable. However everyone here seems to be springing to the rapist's defense. I doubt anyone would have the self-control to just let it go if they or a loved one was *****. Think of it this way, Revenge is an ugly and evil thing, but when it presents itself to a person, it seems like the most beautiful and righteous accomplishment.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
Madarame

Quote:
I doubt anyone would have the self-control to just let it go if they or a loved one was *****.
I fucking hate this, my brother says shit like it all the time, just because you wouldn't have the self-control doesn't mean nobody else would.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
Bonquisha Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madarame View Post
I fucking hate this, my brother says shit like it all the time, just because you wouldn't have the self-control doesn't mean nobody else would.
And just because you say that you'd have self-control doesn't necessarily mean that you would actually have any in a situation like that. You're use of curse words doesn't exactly lead me to believe that you have any, if you'll blow up over such a small remark.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #23
Madarame

Quote:
And just because you say that you'd have self-control doesn't necessarily mean that you would actually have any in a situation like that. You're use of curse words doesn't exactly lead me to believe that you have any, if you'll blow up over such a small remark.
First of all I didn't say I had self control, I was simply pointing out that just because you don't feel that you would have any self-control in that situation doesn't mean others wouldn't and even it that were the case it doesn't justify those sorts of actions. As for my cursing, you are completely correct, my typing of 'fucking' and 'shit' on and internet forum is a clear indicator of my likelihood to set people on fire.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #24
Joker_in_the_Pack

Oh for the love of all that is punk, why does every two bit passive-aggressive cocksucker think that when you disagree with them, you side with the opposite side? You ever think some of us disagree with both sides?

Mother fuckers

<trails of in long, unorganized rant>
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #25
blackwater1110

I guess I'll be the 'bad guy' here and say that, if he did indeed **** that girl, his tortured and gruesome end was warranted.

I have no compassion in my heart for those that choose to **** or molest. All rapists, whether mentally ill or not, should be shot.

To those of you who say that this woman did not have the 'authority' to mete out punishment: is the state really so much better at it in a case like this? You cite the subjectivity of her judgment, but remember that even in the US court system, Justice is blind and the scales are tipped. I was on a mock trial team, and every lawyer that coached me explained to me that it is about winning your case, not seeking justice. Is a court of law really a more efficient instrument of justice in this situation than a woman with a petrol bottle and a lighter? I think not.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote