Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
CptSternn

Food Riots, Tax Rebellions By 2012

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ad_1226630673

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting fut More..ure world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

"We're going to see the end of the retail Christmas....we're going to see a fundamental shift take place....putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree," said Celente, adding that the situation would be "worse than the great depression".

"America's going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for," said Celente, noting that people's refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

Celente, who successfully predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis, the subprime mortgage collapse and the massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar, told UPI in November last year that the following year would be known as "The Panic of 2008," adding that "giants (would) tumble to their deaths," which is exactly what we have witnessed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and others. He also said that the dollar would eventually be devalued by as much as 90 per cent.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

The prospect of revolution was a concept echoed by a British Ministry of Defence report last year, which predicted that within 30 years, the growing gap between the super rich and the middle class, along with an urban underclass threatening social order would mean, "The world's middle classes might unite, using access to knowledge, resources and skills to shape transnational processes in their own class interest," and that, "The middle classes could become a revolutionary class."

In a separate recent interview, Celente went further on the subject of revolution in America.

"There will be a revolution in this country," he said. "It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen."

"The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop."

"It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more."

"We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension."

"When CNN wants to know about the Top Trends, we ask Gerald Celente."
— CNN Headline News

"A network of 25 experts whose range of specialties would rival many university faculties."
— The Economist

"Gerald Celente has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right."
— USA Today

"There’s not a better trend forecaster than Gerald Celente. The man knows what he’s talking about."
- CNBC

"Those who take their predictions seriously ... consider the Trends Research Institute."
— The Wall Street Journal

"Gerald Celente is always ahead of the curve on trends and uncannily on the mark ... he's one of the most accurate forecasters around."
— The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

"Mr. Celente tracks the world’s social, economic and business trends for corporate clients."
— The New York Times

"Mr. Celente is a very intelligent guy. We are able to learn about trends from an authority."
— 48 Hours, CBS News

"Gerald Celente has a solid track record. He has predicted everything from the 1987 stock market crash and the demise of the Soviet Union to green marketing and corporate downsizing."
— The Detroit News

"Gerald Celente forecast the 1987 stock market crash, ‘green marketing,’ and the boom in gourmet coffees."
— Chicago Tribune

"The Trends Research Institute is the Standard and Poors of Popular Culture."
— The Los Angeles Times

"If Nostradamus were alive today, he'd have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente."
— New York Post
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
Drake Dun

Is that before or after the Atlanteans return and herald us into the age of Aquarius?
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Is that before or after the Atlanteans return and herald us into the age of Aquarius?
Don't be silly. The Moon has to be in the seventh house. And Jupiter has to align with Mars.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
Man In Room 5

"The kids of the coca-cola nation are too damned dumb to realize, that time is running out...."
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun

Oh, don't you know? The collapse of the American economy will make a void that the Atlanteans will be able to fill with their own aquatic-based modes of production. They'll rise from the depths (pun intended) to dominate world markets.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Might I add that the "interview" was conducted by Fox Business, and the tagline was Gerald Celeste talking about "President Obama, get used to saying that!" The interview itself was conducted in a fucking BAR for christ's sake. Am I honestly supposed to take seriously anything promoted by the neo-conservative, polemical fucknuts at Fox? Not bloody likely. When was the last time Fox actually reported anything in a "fair and balanced" manner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46MEqEgdLTg
Old 11-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
LaBelleDameSansMerci

"It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to"
That is... anti-climactic. I think there are better things than those he described that the Americans aren't used to.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

It's obviously a piece meant to bash Obama before the man's even started. Fox News is quite possibly the most unreliable source for news short of a neo-Nazi weblog.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
It's obviously a piece meant to bash Obama before the man's even started. Fox News is quite possibly the most unreliable source for news short of a neo-Nazi weblog.
What about Limbaugh? Or is he with Fox?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I don't pay attention to him. I've no idea who he works for, but he's certainly not a man I'd trust to report the news with any journalistic integrity.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Jonathan

I have mixed feelings about the not-so-distant-future. Some people whose opinions I really respect are picking up X months supply of MRE's and things like that. But then again I remember friends curing hams in their basement so they would be ready for Y2K.

Maybe I'm finally getting old enough to see history start repeating itself.

I say don't be afraid, but basic preparedness for things like hurricanes and power outages are never bad things to get. The world might not fall apart, but having enough things on hand to get you through a few days comfortably is not going to get you labeled as a survivalist nut.

I really don't know about revolution. Something really serious would need to happen to break the flow of fast food, txt msg, tv on demand bread and circus we've become addicted on. Until then, the docile masses are going to be too busy with their wage slavery to notice anything.

There is too much vested interest for the powers that be to let it fall apart. They'll take a few hits on the chin to keep the current systems upright.

As fun as it would be to go beyond the thunderdome, I'm not sure I see the signs of it happening just yet. I won't say it isn't possible.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I have mixed feelings about the not-so-distant-future. Some people whose opinions I really respect are picking up X months supply of MRE's and things like that. But then again I remember friends curing hams in their basement so they would be ready for Y2K.

Maybe I'm finally getting old enough to see history start repeating itself.

I say don't be afraid, but basic preparedness for things like hurricanes and power outages are never bad things to get. The world might not fall apart, but having enough things on hand to get you through a few days comfortably is not going to get you labeled as a survivalist nut.

I really don't know about revolution. Something really serious would need to happen to break the flow of fast food, txt msg, tv on demand bread and circus we've become addicted on. Until then, the docile masses are going to be too busy with their wage slavery to notice anything.

There is too much vested interest for the powers that be to let it fall apart. They'll take a few hits on the chin to keep the current systems upright.

As fun as it would be to go beyond the thunderdome, I'm not sure I see the signs of it happening just yet. I won't say it isn't possible.
My thoughts exactly!
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #13
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation,
And how, exactly, does a developed country become undeveloped? The most plausible way is for every other developed country to make huge simultaneous strides while the U.S. remains at a stand-still. While possible, it would take much longer than 4 years. Considering that despite our recent economic problems are dollar is still one of the most valuable, it was take a huge catastrophe to make this prediction come true.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #14
Tralis

Anyone who throws out enough predictions is going to get a few that are right. Its a basic rule of cold reading and of a number of confidence tricks.
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
Despanan

Does anyone else think that this article resembles the behavior of the McCaine supporters in South Park? When Obama won they flipped out, started committing suicide, stockpiling supplies, and locked themselves in improvised "fallout" shelters so that they would be safe when the world went to shit.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
And how, exactly, does a developed country become undeveloped? The most plausible way is for every other developed country to make huge simultaneous strides while the U.S. remains at a stand-still. While possible, it would take much longer than 4 years. Considering that despite our recent economic problems are dollar is still one of the most valuable, it was take a huge catastrophe to make this prediction come true.
Giant trees will come out of the Earth and destroy American cities!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #17
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Giant trees will come out of the Earth and destroy American cities!
Hah. Al Gore will look pretty stupid then, won't he? "Ooohhh..... we need to save the trees!" Yeah? Well who will save you from the trees?!