Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Wormboy

I finally

I finally listened to The Dresden Dolls, they arent bad at all, just not really my style, yeah, feel free to flame, discuss, and thread jack

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Cirla Vye Torrun

Lovely! :] Which songs(s) did you listen to?
It's quite alright if you don't adore them, everyone varies in musical interests.
Cirla Vye Torrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
Wormboy

I dont know my friend downloaded like twenty songs by them, pretty good, i just tihnk i wasnt in the mood, i was in the mood for fast music, and theyre pretty chill

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Cirla Vye Torrun

Girl Anachronism is a fairly fast song.. you might like that one.
Just listen when you're in the mood then :]
Cirla Vye Torrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

They're alright, but I prefer Harlequin Jones for that style.
So, you've heard one of the bands generally liked around here. I also know you've heard London After Midnight. Next bands you should try are The Cruxshadows, Diary of Dreams, Christian Death, Fear Cult, or Tragic Black.
You might like one of them, I think Tragic Black maybe.
Then also you can try seeing if you like industrial rather than darkwave, deathrock, or post-punk, but I don't know much about industrial to be saying bands.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
Wormboy

well the only "industrial" music ive liked apparently is not industrial, so ill look it up

Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
MIRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
They're alright, but I prefer Harlequin Jones for that style.
So, you've heard one of the bands generally liked around here. I also know you've heard London After Midnight. Next bands you should try are The Cruxshadows, Diary of Dreams, Christian Death, Fear Cult, or Tragic Black.
You might like one of them, I think Tragic Black maybe.
Then also you can try seeing if you like industrial rather than darkwave, deathrock, or post-punk, but I don't know much about industrial to be saying bands.
Oh my God. Fear Cult!, Tragic Black! Why don't you just put a bullet in his head.
MIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
raggedyanne

Because that would be unethical. Personally, I adore the Dresden Dolls, but I can definately see why some people wouldn't like them. Just, please listen to the lyrics of Mrs.O for me, it's pretty creepy.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
I finally listened to The Dresden Dolls, they arent bad at all, just not really my style, yeah, feel free to flame, discuss, and thread jack
Good for you.

----

Has anyone ever noticed the vast majority of spooky kids and poseurs on this site lately?

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
DeathChii

I love the dresden dolls! =D
ABSELOUTLEY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
just thought I should point that out ^.^
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvian Blackthorne

Has anyone ever noticed the vast majority of spooky kids and poseurs on this site lately?

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Yah, it seems that we got the new batch of high schoolers. It doesn't bother me, because that means that there are more of us and we can educate the babybats on proper manners and all thinks dark and beautiful. It is a wee bit aggrivating when they get hormonal and take it out on their keyboard. Emo also has a big thing to do with it. Many of the emo kids are trying to be goth and failing miserably. It's funny to watch Mollymac mad at them, though. ; P
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
Vyvian Blackthorne

G_G

Ok, I must admit. BlazingRaven666 is my alternate account. I couldn't help it.

This site just needed that.

Hurray for mall core kids!

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-25-2007, 01:31 AM   #13
roserougesang

Quote:
G_G

Ok, I must admit. BlazingRaven666 is my alternate account. I couldn't help it.
I KNEW that there was something suspicious about that member....*sigh* Vyv dear, what'll we do with you?
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #14
Vyvian Blackthorne

Good goth...Well, anything. Just don't ask Ophelia, that's for sure XD

Oi. I think I have already said my views of the DDs somewhere, if I'm not mistaken. But I hath said enough.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
Underwater Ophelia

Too bad I can read this, then.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm serious, I really want to know. All he did was make a thread about the Dresden Dolls, and say NOTHING bothersome, and you act like an ass. "Blah blah blah spooky kids and poseurs."
See, you bitch the most about the boards being shit all over, but you're the one squatting with your pants down. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. That's why I don't like you.
People were having a discussion about music, and you fucking ruin it by complaining that people are doing the same thing.
Not only that, but if you really did create that other account, you should be fucking banned from this site, because you CONSTANTLY bitch and moan about people being "poseurs" and "spamming up" the site, but you are the one who does it more than any other member.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #16
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm serious, I really want to know.
Give me a break already. You've nothing kind to say ever. All you do is flame me and make fun of me around your rebuttlesome friends here. I have done nothing to provoke your hatred, you have only given me that.

What is "wrong with me" is apparently ignored here. So I won't get into that. I am also the weirdo for taking the inter net too seriously.

Quote:
All he did was make a thread about the Dresden Dolls, and say NOTHING bothersome, and you act like an ass. "Blah blah blah spooky kids and poseurs."
See, you bitch the most about the boards being shit all over, but you're the one squatting with your pants down. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. That's why I don't like you.
I am the problem? Ok, you hardly ever look for the positives in me nor other members of this site. You constantly lash out at me and various others on this site.

And I'm quite calm, ma'am.

Quote:
People were having a discussion about music, and you fucking ruin it by complaining that people are doing the same thing.
And you ruin various introductions by flaming me with various complaints. You also spread some acts of hypocrisy, Oph. You said for the longest time that questions weren't important, yet you then enforce them. You even pick fights with people on the picture post! Jesus when does it slow down?

You have even used "retarded" as a derogatory term. Ugh.

Quote:
Not only that, but if you really did create that other account, you should be fucking banned from this site, because you CONSTANTLY bitch and moan about people being "poseurs" and "spamming up" the site, but you are the one who does it more than any other member.
Oh? I must be banned indeed. Right away. I at least don't start fights and look for negatives in nearly everyone on this site.
And I am the one who posted a vast range of whinning threads, and I am the one who supports spammers and trolls on this site? Am I the one randomly lashing out at Vyvian Blackthorne? Am I the one who shuts off E-bullying with 'this is only the inter net'?

Sounds a lot like the Oph I know.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
badteccy

Quote:
G_G

Ok, I must admit. BlazingRaven666 is my alternate account. .

!

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Why would yo do that?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #18
Vyvian Blackthorne

Glorious comedy, of course

all for laughs.

Goth Forever
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #19
badteccy

Ah sir so I see.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Vyvian Blackthorne

G_G just don't take it personally, like I was trying to insult you guys, because it had nothing to do with me disliking your friend (which I apologised for, I think). I just didn't see a point in being upset about it.
Goth Forever
Old 08-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #21
Lapin

I hate the Dresden Dolls. (Holds up parasol to ward off flames) Done? Okay.

I think the girl sounds like a cat being killed. And the piano that is played sounds like a little kid's. Lyrics are pretty good, nice flow. But all in all, it sounds like a mess to me.

Original? Yes. Good? Not really.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Your long post.
[/color]
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Not only did you not cite examples for anything, but you just started shit.

I never picked a fight with anyone on the picture thread. Never. I happened to get into one, which was agreed by other members to be at the most, 50% my fault.

Not only that, but I constantly have positive things to say, just not to you, because I don't like you. If you can deal with that, awesome, but if not...like I've said so many times, fucking ignore me.

I'm not bothered by what you're saying, because I know, and other members on here know it's bullshit.
If you don't like me, don't respond to what I say--don't even read it!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
Vyvian Blackthorne

Guess I may very well add:
I don't want to ignore you. Why? Not because I looove what you give me, but because I actually like you and your posts.

Quote:
I never picked a fight with anyone on the picture post. Ever.
If I am not mistaken, you accused Graveyard.Crow of not contributing to this forum and only taking pictures of herself. But at least you admitted to it being your fault.

And yeah, you say positive things to people on this forum (sure as hell not to me). But for the majority percentage of the time, it's usually negative. But I also said that you only look for flaws in people. Specifically ones you dislike, such as myself.

And I never stated I wanted you to be bothered by my posts. That's your assumption entirely.

Good day.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #24
raggedyanne

Um, I don't want to take sides, but I think this particular thread jacking was initiated by UO who was responding to an attempted thread jacking by Viv.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #25
Vyvian Blackthorne

Gah.

Oi. That was rather old, Anne, just to let you know. On a note regarding out thread jacks and "fights", it's cooled down at the moment. I do hope we can at least try and be friendlier in the future at Gnet.

T.T

Hmhh...*sigh* Anyway, it's all cool now. Plus, the thread jack here really didn't hurt much, mainly because WB keeps making rather pointless threads.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever