Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #51
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
you're one of those typical kvltfags, who call everything mainstream
This is a new low for you Necro

You claim that I'm a "kvltfag", seriously, is that all you have?

For those of you reading who don't know, "kvltfag" is a term from the black metal scene which refers to elitists in the scene who feel that the fact that they listen to more obscure music than you, they're more of a "trve" black metal fan than you.

Yea, the V thing is retarded.

Anyway, here's what my iTunes says are my most played artists:

#1: Elton John
#2: Carcass
#3: Napalm Death
#4: The Cure
#5: Ministry

Fucking kvlt man...

Let's see here, two of the most influential, and perhaps well known grind/death metal bands in history, a gay guy who played at Princess fucking Diana's funeral (According to Wikipedia, the #2 most watched television broadcast event under the "One-off events" category http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_telecasts) and two bands who've seen more MTV airtime than Carson Daly.

What were you saying again? Oh yea....

Do you think I insult Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and Metallica (those are the bands I most frequently rant about, I'm sure there's more) because they're "mainstream"? First, I insult Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and Metallica because they fucking suck. Second, Carcass, Vader and many other metal bands I like are just as well known as any of the aforementioned bands, but don't suck.

I listen to a lot of obscure music, yes. But I don't set out to prove that a mainstream band is bad simply because they're mainstream, or that an obscure band is awesome simply because they're obscure. There's a ton of great mainstream music, hell yea. And there's a shit ton of horrible, uncreative bullshit in the underground scene.

So please Necro, at least make it look like you have a reasonable intelligence, or just stop trying.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #52
Godslayer Jillian

PoS, would it make you feel better if I told you Necro came crying to me on PM because I said Uni isn't as bad as him?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #53
PortraitOfSanity

Deciding between Uni and Necro is really like being presented with two dog turds, having a gun put to your head and being forced to eat one.

But I'd pay a good amount of money to see his reactions to some of the stuff we throw at him via webcam.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #54
Necrophagist

Jillian, can you read?

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #55
Altemese

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by menus era sota
aye.

altemese, read your comment beofre you post it - you keep tripping on bullshit. or better yet, don't post at all.

my god. u guys trip over little stuff. what ever. i'll be back though. . revenge is funny and fun. *evil laugh*
Altemese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #56
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altemese
my god. u guys trip over little stuff. what ever. i'll be back though. . revenge is funny and fun. *evil laugh*
Too bad you lack the intelligence and wit to accomplish either. I won't hold my breath waiting for your retort.

-Mr. Filth