Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #151
Lykaios

Seeing as I am a writer, as well as a musician, it's only logical that I'd be more than a bit eccentric. I'm not normal by anyone's standards, even my own. And I prefer it that way, as 'normies' bore me severely. I have a couple personality disorders, including a moderate case of OCPD, which should give you a decent idea of how bad I am.

Also, I've been known to skip around with a giant lollipop, singing, "We All Live In A Yellow Submarine" quite loudly. It's great fun, really.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #152
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Ooh yay that song is my third favorite to sing. The first and second are the song that gets on everybody's nerves and the song that never ends.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #153
Vako

The movie's fun, too.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #154
alshio

Very true.

I also like eating oranges. What? Not vey weird? Well, I eat the whole orange and I love the burning sensation the zest leaves on my lips.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #155
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaios
Seeing as I am a writer, as well as a musician, it's only logical that I'd be more than a bit eccentric. I'm not normal by anyone's standards, even my own. And I prefer it that way, as 'normies' bore me severely. I have a couple personality disorders, including a moderate case of OCPD, which should give you a decent idea of how bad I am.

Also, I've been known to skip around with a giant lollipop, singing, "We All Live In A Yellow Submarine" quite loudly. It's great fun, really.
I saw a yellow submarine once. It looked like it could have been in some kind of comic book. o.O
Old 04-27-2007, 02:55 AM   #156
Dark Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaios

Hurray! I thought i was the only "Aspergerian" on g.net. i am happy to see i am not the only one after all. and by my standars its the "normies" that is weird xD

-Stephen King
Dark Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #157
Tara Poison

Location: On an industrial estate next to an airfield. Yeah, why the hell did they put a house there?!
I eat tomato puree.
Tara Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #158
Toxic_Envy

-Apart from the ones already mentioned.
When I walk backwards, if someone walks in frount of me I think there going to stand on my feet so I kinda jump backwards and it looks like I'm doing a backwards dance.
-I hate when people walk in frount of me.
-I'll start talking about complete random rubbish if theres a silence.
-I can never remember things/names so if I've saw a movie or tv show the night before and I'm telling my friends about it they have to guess the name because I can't remember.
-I put tomato sauce, marmite, hummus, sprinkles, cream and jam on pancakes.
Thats all I can think of just now.
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #159
The God of Hats

When was the last time I did anything that wasn't considered weird?
-Last weekend I put on fairy wings and stole traffic cones.
-I pace around the house and the yard muttering to myself, it's a terrific way to think.
-I like walking around late at night and early in the morning.
-I still play make-believe games, sometimes with people I don't know and who don't know that they're playing with me.
-I can speak to a crowd, and with one other person(sometimes), but I can never speak with a group of people.
-I can't read lips or body laguage, at all unless it's planned out and explained to me clearly beforehand.
The God of Hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #160
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

-I have laughing fits. Without a reason. My friends have grown used to it, but it's unnerving when it happens in the street alone and I have to control myself 'cause everyone will think I'm mad (maybe they think it already? Ummm...)

-I have the strangest dreams ever. I sometimes freak myself so much in them that I wake up. An example: I dreamt that the world was going to finish. People ran in the streets and bought lots of tinned food and built refuges and space rockets with crap to try and save themselves. While all of this happened, I sat in my room calmly, with a cup of tea and my favourite comic book, while I thought: "Idiots. The world is going to finish, not to be destroyed. There's nothing we can do, at least let's spent our lasts days enjoying ourselves". Then, when the date came, the sky got dark, there was a "pop" and everything went white. Then I thought: "Oh, so this is nothingness... I thought it would look black... WAIT! If this is nothingness, why am I thinking? I think, therefore, I exist. But haven't I died, or dessapeared in some way? Or have I just become a part of the colective conscience of the Universe?!!" At that point I freaked myself so much that I woke up.

-When I was a child, I used my dolls to tell stories. If somebody had to die in the story, I would pop off the doll's head, and then put it back when the game finished.

- I seem not to know how to psysically interreact with people I don't know, I mean in the streets and so, I seem to get in everybody's way, collide with everybody and not quite managing the eye contact. I don't know why.

This is everything I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more things...
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #161
Tismine

Hmm, goodness...
1) I used to undress barbies, pull their heads off, color them red, and leave them in lewd positions throughout the house.
2) up until when I was 10, I wanted to either be an assassin, a panther, or a wolf when I grew up.
3) I bake for hours and then give my creations away.
4) I mutilate fruit.
5) I like to play with weapons.
6) Starting when I was 6 I've thought up elaborate ways to murder and torture people.
7) I see and hear things that are not there,
8) I am completely apathetic to sex and romance.
9) I am quite flexible, a frontbending contortionist.
10) I am told I have the manners of a Victorian.
11) I have a split personality.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #162
BlackButterfly

--I remember things from when, according to science, I shouldn't be able to have the cognitive function to remember. I couldn't put them on a time line (the events are out of order), but they are valid memories that when ask someone older who was there, they usually reply with something like "Oh my god, you REMEMBER that?!? You were only like, one!"

--If collecting swords (and daggers) is weird, Honeythorn, then we're weird together. I collect them too (just scored a bokken this weekend!).

--I actually love bees (they're so cute), and will let them walk around on me. I have never been stung.

--Although I am 26, and will gladly and proudly climb a tree. I feel that they enjoy the contact (as long as you respect their leaves and be careful of their smaller branches).

--I sleep on my face with my head under at least three pillows; and yes, I can breathe.

--I have been told that my eyes move very quickly when I am processing data (kind of like Data on Star Trek:TNG). Also, I become very literal when I am deeply concentrating, like the part of my brain that would normally take a joke or "get" sarcasm has shut down.

--I have an affinity for circles and spherical objects.

There are other things, but those are the first that come to mind.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #163
roserougesang

- When I was in Grades 4 and 5 I used to imitate a cat, even at school sometimes.

- I sometimes eat raw spaghetti and frozen peas as snacks (not together)

That's all I can think of at the moment.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #164
DarkWinter

-I collect Tarantulas, I let them crawl on me, hold them, etc.
-I have an affinity for the darker side of life.
-I talk to myself (and answer myself for that matter...sometimes I am the only intelligent one in the room).
-My eyes are light green and are hyper-sensitive to bright lights so I tend to wear sunglasses alot.
-I think outside the box. I tend to think like a criminal, comes in handy since I am a psych. grad. student.
-
DarkWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #165
Breathless Horror

I tend to think of ways to torture and kill people too. It kind of scares me some times. I'll think of a particularly cruel way to do someone in, then will be totally disgusted with myself for thinking of it. It scares me because I always think of it in terms of visualising myself doing it to a certain person, rather than in terms of "hey you could push someone off a cliff and try to hit a certain spot on the bottom". I also hear people calling my name all the time. Even when I'm alone.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #166
Subphonic

I listen to music, as passtime in it's own right, I can't understand why everyone I know only plays music "in the background" I can easily pace around the room for 2 or 3 hours playing single album tracks. The other day I caught myself eating a pizza off my knee whilst sat on a swivel chair which I had subconsciously rolled to the 'perfect stereo' position between my carefully placed floorstanding Missions.

I laugh when clouds make funny shapes.

I drink alone. (funnily enough!)

I poke my tongue out, wiggle my fingers and look up when walking in the rain because it feels nice.
Subphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #167
Draconysius

Having been born and raised in the south, I've been told it's unusual that I speak with a very clean, proper American accent.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #168
biohazard

- I constantly wash my hands
- I take VERY good care of my video games and my computer
- I wear eyelinear whenever I can (even though I have only done it twice in public)
- I have imaginary arguments with people inside my head
- I really love my pets
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #169
heretoday_gonetomorrow

I rub soft things out of boredom and to calm myself. During the school day, I rub the strap on my back-pack...I get strange looks and remarks when I'm caught doing it.
heretoday_gonetomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #170
DeathChii

Most people I know are so close minded they thing everything I do "isn't normal" -_-;
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #171
Underwater Ophelia

Some people, in particular Haunted and HateMeImGothic think I have strange eating habits. I put mayonnaise on a lot of things, but only Chik-fil-A brand.
Also I hate to get messy when I'm eating, so I pick things apart and eat them in small pieces. Like chicken wings. I can't usually just eat it off the bone.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #172
DeathChii

people make fun of me cause I like to wear wigs =\
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #173
LiUsAiDh

I like frozen peas too roserougesang, and I like playing with an old nazi bayonet when nobody's home (note I despise Nazi's - it's an old war souvenir). I don't really know why though lol.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #174
Xxmorbid_princessxX

Here's a few things I could think of:
-I pace
-My eyes change color depending on the day, what I'm wearing, or how I'm feeling, latley, they've been light green
-I'm a night person
-My friends think it's weird that I like guys in make-up, especially eyeliner (ex.Davey Havok)
-I have pediaphobia
-I have an obsession with candles
-I hate bare feet
-My eyes are extremely sensitive to light
-I love walking through graveyards with my friends

I know there's more, but I can't think of anymore right now.
Xxmorbid_princessxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #175
Miss[T]

Ok.
-The only time I'm actually hyper is at like midnight.
-I can go for hours with out saying one single word.
-I have major mood swings, quite unbelievable.
-I dance around when I'm drinking or eating something standing up.
-I can tell something bads going to happen, cause I feel randomly sad. Or something good is going to happen cause I'm extremely happy.
-That even though I'm quite skinny, I eat like a garbage can.
-Also that I have a..... Different out look on life.

Theres more undoubtfully, but not coming into mind.

"A man can be destroyed but not defeated" -Ernest Hemingway

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" -Joe Lewis

"Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D. Lang

"You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories" -Stainslaw J. Lec

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Miss[T] is offline   Reply With Quote