Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Rae Ven Rae

Ms Carolina Snafu

This is one blog spot I wrote for and one of the contributors had this to say about that whole Ms South Carolina debacle...love to hear everyone's thoughts!

http://inzinoblog.blogspot.com/
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
LaBelleDameSansMerci

My first thought, looking at the picture, is "Damn, she looks a lot like Brittany Spears"

Holy shit, my fluorescent desk lamp sings. Makes me think my ears are ringing.

Back on topic...
Ok, I watched the video, and it was just too funny. Excuse me while I laugh uproariously.

Seriously, though, this article does point to several (edit: mainly just one, really) flaws in Wester Culture (obviously.).
So, if I bleach my hair blonde, use major cleavage enhancement of some variety, and stand/dance around uselessly, I can be revered by millions of people? Oh My! What a thought. Too bad it's true.

The other thing is that I don't share the author's hope that the US as a nation will improve itself. I think they'll just say "Hahaha, look at that dumb blonde trying to act smart. Isn't it funny?" and then go about their business as normal.

Well, I'm glad the pageant industry has provided me with some amusement, because never has before.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I don't know if she said "Osama" or "some uhh" near the beginning.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
Rae Ven Rae

I almost felt bad for her, because if she is that dumb she doesn't know she's that dumb...

Y'know I must admit to one prejudice -- I love people, I truly do, and uh sum-a them are kewl and stuff, but girls like that remind me of the human equivalent of those little yippy dogs that bimbos carry around in Louis Vitton handbags...

I HATE walking Barbie's...

*barf*
Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I find it's usually the bimbos who are like little yippy dogs who are the ones who carry little yippy dogs.

Speaking of walking Barbies, Paris Hilton looks almost exactly like Barbie. I swear, the creator of modern Barbie's face went forward in time (or didn't, depending on when the face was designed) and drew a sketch of Paris Hilton cuz she looks just so damn plastic, she's gotta be a good model for Barbie!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Rae Ven Rae

OMG!!! I have thought the SAME THING -- sad thing is I saw pics of her as a brunette and I personally thought she was pretty and looked far more intelligent--why did she chose the road most traveled...?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Because it's the road most travelled. I didn't even know she was a brunette at one point. *hides in shame for sharing haircolour with Paris Hilton"
By the way, apparently the name Paris means "wallet" in some language. Might be greek. Not sure. But it's entirely appropriate.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
Rae Ven Rae

roflmao

You made that up!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 PM   #9
Rae Ven Rae

Hey Labelle-- r u French? Just curious...oh yes--I may need some help...off to another thread...
Old 09-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
Anguelon

Well, I happen to watch ET last time and Ms Carolina was on this morning show or something thus claiming she was nervous. Unless it starts raining holy water in Saudi Arabia, any mediocre moron won't believe that. On the other hand, she looks like the demented version of Barbie. I have to give her credit for her repeptive use of interjections. Uhm...mmm..ee..aaa...I wonder what she'd sound like if she were trying to play stupid.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
LadyStardust

Dubyah, Paris, yippy dogs and dumb blondes . . . Yup, that pretty much sums up America's reputation (speaking as an ignorant foreigner, of course).

The article, however, was rather well-written. It was clever, witty, and highly entertaining. Many thanks for passing it on!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The really sad thing is that the audience still applauded!
Did they not want to hurt her feelings, or did they really think it was an applaudable effort? If the former, they are coddling, if the latter, well, I am not surprised.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
thedoll

Maybe I'm just dumb, but doesn't winning the Miss America contest just mean you've one. You get grants for school and then thats it. Do they actually have some kinda of political/societal weight in the US to give them power to end world hunger and what not?

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #14
Dragon Lover's Mom

Miss South Carolina-an educator's nightmare

I am a teacher and I have used Miss Carolina in all of my classes this year to demonstrate that it takes more than just being pretty to get anywhere, and if you chose to be dumb, please don't do it on national television where you WILL embarass me!
Dragon Lover's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote