Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Abyssmal

My Eulogy

An introduction to myself. I first must say that I care not if I am flamed. I am what I am, and will not pretend or become a poser simply to save face. I like the morbid and macabre. I hate the sun.

I am only 17, but I already find that the amount of pretenders around me disgusting. I feel nauseous whenever I see someone who just "becomes" whatever is considered "cool" at the time, those who change from goth to emo to skater in a cycle of stupidity. Second, I cannot abide fools.

I wear black Rave pants, Short-Sleeve Shirts, and Combat boots. I have searched the internet for a gothic community that wasn't full of posers. I haven't found one yet, and I am hoping that this one lives up to expectations.
If anyone has any questions, just ask them either in a PM or in this thread. Oh, and about flaming, go right ahead, but I fight fire with fire.

~Abyssmal
Abyssmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
NachtSorcier

Dude, if you come here looking for a fight, you're gonna get one. If you had just eloquently introduced yourself, I don't think there would have been a problem. We're friendly folk here to those who aren't morons. I don't think you're a moron, but really, there's no need to swagger in here with your dukes up.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Dude, if you come here looking for a fight, you're gonna get one. If you had just eloquently introduced yourself, I don't think there would have been a problem. We're friendly folk here to those who aren't morons. I don't think you're a moron, but really, there's no need to swagger in here with your dukes up.
I am not looking for a fight, just introducing myself. If you think that I am looking for a fight, maybe I should reintroduce myself a little more passively?

I will simply ignore flames instead of responding
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssmal
I first must say that I care not if I am flamed. I am what I am, and will not pretend or become a poser simply to save face.

Oh, and about flaming, go right ahead, but I fight fire with fire.
That is what I was referring to. There was really no need for it.

How can you dare people to flame you and warn them that you'll fight back and then say you weren't looking for a fight?

Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
delicti

Quote:
If you think that I am looking for a fight, maybe I should reintroduce myself a little more passively?

I will simply ignore flames instead of responding
Instead of being passive, why not just approach us like you would anybody else? We are human beings, after all.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
Uncle Smoov

Quote:
[i] will not pretend or become a poser simply to save face
Perhaps it is a mistake on your part to have such an indifferent attitude towards your face, seeing as how vulnerable it then becomes to the blister-bakers that are my flames. It's too bad about your filthy sun-racism. If you can't take that sputtering Bic, you'll be in no condition to weather the heat from my own prowess in proton-smashing.
If you can’t take stupidity, you’ve come to the wrong place. I’m about the only one here with a whit of wit, as indicated by my masterful wordplay. Just ask Knocked Saucier up there. Your eulogy is poorly written and will be inaccurate unless you die before your next birthday. Your epitaph will read: “Here lies Abyssmal, named after his spelling skills.”

P.S. It's spelled "peauxseur," good plebe.
Uncle Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Smoov
Just ask Knocked Saucier up there. Your eulogy is poorly written and will be inaccurate unless you die before your next birthday. Your epitaph will read: “Here lies Abyssmal, named after his spelling skills.”
You knocked up a saucier? Now that's saucy!

I see someone else would have carved the grave - it's all spelled correctly.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #8
NachtSorcier

Thank you, Smoov, for phonetically spelling my name. I'm sure that cleared up some confusion. :P

Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
Uncle Smoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Thank you, Smoov, for phonetically spelling my name. I'm sure that cleared up some confusion. :P
Then truly, I have failed.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Smoov
Then truly, I have failed.
At being the nuisance you wish you were? Yes.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
An introduction to myself. I first must say that I care not if I am flamed. I am what I am, and will not pretend or become a poser simply to save face. I like the morbid and macabre. I hate the sun.

I am only 17, but I already find that the amount of pretenders around me disgusting. I feel nauseous whenever I see someone who just "becomes" whatever is considered "cool" at the time, those who change from goth to emo to skater in a cycle of stupidity. Second, I cannot abide fools.

I wear black Rave pants, Short-Sleeve Shirts, and Combat boots. I have searched the internet for a gothic community that wasn't full of posers. I haven't found one yet, and I am hoping that this one lives up to expectations.
If anyone has any questions, just ask them either in a PM or in this thread. Oh, and about flaming, go right ahead, but I fight fire with fire.

~Abyssmal
My next response depends on your answer to this question: What bands do you like/listen to?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
LadyLucretia

Quote:

I am only 17, but I already find that the amount of pretenders around me disgusting.
Ok Holden Caulfield. I second Renatus that a band list would be useful in, erm, evaluating this situation.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
Necropolis

Uncle Smoov is badass.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yeah apparently I think he rules.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #15
Uncle Smoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis
Uncle Smoov is badass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
i no rite! i wish he would ask me out already!111
Now, now, my brood, there’s plenty of Smoov to go around. I was just doing my job on this abysmal soul who taints my town with his tread. He’s too much of a coward to discuss his musical tastes, so he probably ran off to lick his Smoov-burns. His ignoring my assumptions, it has been proven empirically, is equal to his admitting that they’re true.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #16
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
My next response depends on your answer to this question: What bands do you like/listen to?
Mostly Dimmu Borgir, Samael, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Hypocrisy, Kataklysm, Disturbed, Iced Earth, and a very little bit of Slipknot (the older CDs).
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #17
Bete Noire

So do you like any goth music?? Any at all....?
Given that this is a site for gothfolk it would seem that liking the music would be a start.

Edit: forgot to mention I like the bands on your list about as much as a syphilitic llama with its' cock in my ear.

No that's not good.

If you turn out ok I'll apologize.

Until then....
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #18
delicti

Quote:
Mostly Dimmu Borgir, Samael, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Hypocrisy, Kataklysm, Disturbed, Iced Earth, and a very little bit of Slipknot (the older CDs).
You're going to find that this site is not what you expected.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #19
Bete Noire

Quote:
Mostly Dimmu Borgir, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Disturbed, and a very little bit of Slipknot (the older CDs).

Interesting how you profess to hate poseurs yet a lot of the bands on your list are typical "peauxseur" bands.

You don't seem like a moron. But you seem to be pointlessly aggressive. You also seem to be hugely misinformed about what "goth" music is about.

So if you stay, look it up on wikipedia first.

And hating the sun.... Why?? What's wrong with it.

Based on everything I have read so far I would like to say:

Get fucked you ignorant cliche cuntmaggot. Before my syphilitic llama gets cranky...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #20
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Get fucked you ignorant cliche cuntmaggot. Before my syphilitic llama gets cranky...
There's a chance he'd accidentally reproduce in the process. Let's hope when he does, it's by himself.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #21
LadyLucretia

Quote:

I wear black Rave pants, Short-Sleeve Shirts, and Combat boots. I have searched the internet for a gothic community that wasn't full of posers.

Can I ask an honest question here - where did you hear all this rhetoric about "posers" and "pretenders"? What do you think makes someone a poser in the goth scene?

It's starting to amaze me that so many kids manage to pick up the "gother than thou" attitude before they actually learn anything about goth.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
You don't seem like a moron. You also seem to be hugely misinformed about what "goth" music is about.

And hating the sun.... Why?? What's wrong with it.
Okay, I'll take the not moron part as a compliment. Also, did I ever state that the music I listen to is "goth" music? Personally, I think "goth" music is something along the lines of Nox Arcana, Midnight Syndicate, etc.

What, may I ask, in your high and mighty opinion do you consider "goth" music to be?

Why do I hate the sun? Let me think......Oh, I know. It is hot and hurts my eyes. I think that is enough of a reason for anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Can I ask an honest question here - where did you hear all this rhetoric about "posers" and "pretenders"? What do you think makes someone a poser in the goth scene?

It's starting to amaze me that so many kids manage to pick up the "gother than thou" attitude before they actually learn anything about goth.
First, I have never exhibited a "gother than thou" attitude. Second, if you truly want to know what I believe makes someone "goth", I will tell you I honestly don't know, though I can tell you what I think "goth" means. That is a morbid or macabre person who understands at least a little bit about the occult. I can also tell you that the first goths were the Anagoths and Othagoths, the germanic tribes that destroyed the "holy" city of Rome.

Third, an answer to your second question. What makes a poser in the goth scene. I have already answered this earlier, though in a broader terminology covering all subcultures
:

Quote:
someone who just "becomes" whatever is considered "cool" at the time, those who change from goth to emo to skater in a cycle of stupidity
I think that quote should cover the question quite nicely. Any other questions/flames?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #23
ForgetThisLostLenore

You should like at least a little goth music in order to be a goth. Kind of works out well. Also, one can be in a subculture for years and be considered just as much of a poseur as the ones who switch often. That specimen of poseur is just easier to pick out.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
kimaru

...I can't believe he listens to simple plan....secondly I can't believe he admitted it.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #25
ForgetThisLostLenore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
...I can't believe he listens to simple plan....secondly I can't believe he admitted it.
I know, I'm scared too.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote