Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
ArtificialOne

Well.. there's a lot more to it than that. Unfortunately here in the US we have blinders on and once down the hill of thought for many people they see nothing but the regurgitated nonsense espoused by countless talking heads and conspiracy theorists.

Here's a good bit of info.. Ol' Piro is awesome. Surprisingly.. and no wonder this didn't make the news big time.. not even a blip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3749494.shtml

Being aggressive was he?

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...170782,00.html

Supporting terror was he?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-11143752.html

So, lets see.. He was bluffing about wmd to keep iran back.. which had all the intelligence agencies fooled.. he was being more agressive towards coalition forces and was funding terrorists.. not to mention his bad habit of cleansing his own people now and then and some ecological stuff with a lake and all, supposedly to punish the Marsh arabs.

http://www.dawn.com/2008/12/03/int18.htm

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=77116

Does any of this justify going to full scale war.. In our eyes maybe not. But were we in the drivers seat during the early part of the 00's?

I mentioned this in another post, but context is everything and it's damn easy to be an armchair general, or in some of your cases Dear leader, emperor or whatnot.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
PortraitOfSanity

You post articles from CBS and Time, and claim they never make the news?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
ArtificialOne

You don't pay attention very well do you.

They are news reports.. but instead of getting the front page coverage they deserve, and since they undermine the already anti-bush, anti- whatever we want opinion, are quietly whispered out of the corner of their mouth during a lull in the coverage.

Since when was the last time you heard a big media outlet jam on the brakes and call for full reverse... Not even on the fraud of the Bush national guard papers..just a quiet.. we can't authenticate them. Instead of the WE WERE FUCKING WRONG AND WE'RE SORRY!!!! that we deserved.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

I find it funny that you would link us an article by Tony Karon to try and prove your point.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #30
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Getting back to the original question, history shows us the consequences Nixon and Agnew faced: nothing. If non-democratic, dictatorial, corrupt and bribed Presidents and vice Presidents get away with crime, what has changed to make you think that Bush and Cheney will suffer anything worse? George W.'s dad ran the CIA for crying out loud, anybody touch his boy and dad will spill the beans and take them out with blackmail. Justice doesn't have a chance.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #31
Joker_in_the_Pack

If I didn't know ArtificialOne was actually serious about what he says, I'd vote him as funniest member on Gnet.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #32
Albert Mond

Smile

HAY EVERUHBAWDY! DE IRAQIS IS COMIN' DE IRAQIS IS COMIN'! BEWARE THEIR OUT-OF-DATE EQUIPMENT, MALNOURISHED SOLDIERS, AND SHIT-BRAINED GENERALS!
blacktext
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #33
ArtificialOne

Oh, jeez those darn facts again... aw shucks <kicks dirt>

Ok, lets do an exercise: Name the laws, statutes and whatsnots that bush or cheney or Rums can be charged with along with factual evidence (not hearsay from media or moveon.orca people).

You couldn't dispute what I've posted about the reasons bush choose to go to war so instead you plead "Oh poor Sadam! How the worlds treated you!!"

And to go along the lines, I believe the hijackers killed how many people with a few commercial aircraft.. Oh whoops.. another chain of thought hard to dispute..

Let me get my rain gear on I can feel a flood of 9/11 conspirators rushing in from the sea!!!! Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!

Get some new material people!! It's starting to feel like reruns from comedy central!!! Ahhahahahaaa!!!

KLEENEXES!!!

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #34
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Oh, jeez those darn facts again... aw shucks <kicks dirt>

Ok, lets do an exercise: Name the laws, statutes and whatsnots that bush or cheney or Rums can be charged with along with factual evidence (not hearsay from media or moveon.orca people).

You couldn't dispute what I've posted about the reasons bush choose to go to war so instead you plead "Oh poor Sadam! How the worlds treated you!!"

And to go along the lines, I believe the hijackers killed how many people with a few commercial aircraft.. Oh whoops.. another chain of thought hard to dispute..

Let me get my rain gear on I can feel a flood of 9/11 conspirators rushing in from the sea!!!! Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!

Get some new material people!! It's starting to feel like reruns from comedy central!!! Ahhahahahaaa!!!

KLEENEXES!!!
Bush sent thousands of soldiers to die in a war based on facts that were so off base they might as well been pulled off Wikipedia. If you do not see the crime in that, you are beyond hope.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 AM   #35
ArtificialOne

The mistakes he made aren't crimes. But are pretty horrible. As I've stated in earlier posts on this thread: The context in which he made the decision to do what he did is critical to why he did it.

Once again, it's easy to be an armchair whatever...

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #36
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Bush sent thousands of soldiers to die in a war based on facts that were so off base they might as well been pulled off Wikipedia. If you do not see the crime in that, you are beyond hope.
Don't fuck with Wiki. Wiki could have done way better.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #37
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
The mistakes he made aren't crimes. But are pretty horrible. As I've stated in earlier posts on this thread: The context in which he made the decision to do what he did is critical to why he did it.

Once again, it's easy to be an armchair whatever...
The context be damned. I don't speak of crimes according to this bullshit system, I speak of crimes against humanity. He sent MEN TO DIE because another country potentially had the same weapons we have by the millions. His context can stuff itself in a vibrator and fly up his ass for all I care.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #38
SammiChainsaw

Politics

Politics are really touchy subjects and i'm not very fond of the subject but i will say i'm very disappointed in America... Obama won the election for all the wrong reasons... does anybody in this country remember 9/11? All that pain and sufferage and rage that took over this country was revoted by its own citizens... We now have someone in charge of our country that comes from the exact same place as the fuckin terrorists that took hundreds of lives and destroyed hundreds of families... Its really a sad thing... I don't have anything against republicans or democrats i am neither one... i don't feel anybody should be republicans or democrats anyway... i think we should only vote on what is right... which america clearly did not do
SammiChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #39
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammiChainsaw
Politics are really touchy subjects and i'm not very fond of the subject but i will say i'm very disappointed in America... Obama won the election for all the wrong reasons... does anybody in this country remember 9/11? All that pain and sufferage and rage that took over this country was revoted by its own citizens... We now have someone in charge of our country that comes from the exact same place as the fuckin terrorists that took hundreds of lives and destroyed hundreds of families... Its really a sad thing... I don't have anything against republicans or democrats i am neither one... i don't feel anybody should be republicans or democrats anyway... i think we should only vote on what is right... which america clearly did not do
Hey you.

Die in a hole.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #40
SammiChainsaw

JCC are you talkin to me?
SammiChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #41
JCC

Quote:
JCC are you talkin to me?
No, I quoted your post so that Joker_in_the_Pack would know that I was talking to him, the little cunt.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #42
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
We now have someone in charge of our country that comes from the exact same place as the fuckin terrorists that took hundreds of lives and destroyed hundreds of families...
None of the hijackers were Hawaiian, or Kenyan. Sorry, you fail.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #43
ArtificialOne

A certain group of people hate context... oh jee... Wonder why..?

How dare we let facts get in the way of your so carefully laid out opinions.. tsk.. shame on those damn facts. They should wear a gimp mask and be spanked!!! Damn facts!!! RRrrrRRRrrrrr...

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #44
ArtificialOne

Damn Hawaiians are always trying to blow themselves up.. Must be those inferior made Chinese tiki torches..

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
Drake Dun

Quote:
We now have someone in charge of our country that comes from the exact same place as the fuckin terrorists that took hundreds of lives and destroyed hundreds of families... Its really a sad thing...
You guys, you guys. You're reading this all wrong. He's not talking about the Middle East. He's talking about Planet X. Didn't you know that Osama bin Laden and Obama are both reptoids? Think about it... Osama... OBAMA. It's obvious if you just put on your tinfoil thinking cap to keep out the mind control rays.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #46
ArtificialOne

Someone say tinfoil?

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #47
Drake Dun

It's better than saran wrap, because saran wrap keeps out the messages from the celestials as well as the mind control rays. Tinfoil keeps the mind control rays out but lets you continue receiving guidance from the Holy Ones. Educated fools deny truth of 24 hour simultaneous time cube.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #48
PortraitOfSanity

Weren't we supposed to use Saran Wrap to protect our house from a chemical weapons attack?

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #49
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
I can't tell if that's insulting me or Bush Steppen...
the ex psycho president ... not insulting , telling the truth
Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #50
Solumina

Quote:
A certain group of people hate context... oh jee... Wonder why..?

How dare we let facts get in the way of your so carefully laid out opinions.. tsk.. shame on those damn facts. They should wear a gimp mask and be spanked!!! Damn facts!!! RRrrrRRRrrrrr...
Context is important but Bush didn't make a decision based on reaction to the event, he used a national tragedy to advance his own desires.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote