Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
MaverickZero

Debt Rant... Here we go again

Just a thread to get out my FUCKING frustrations of money. I work one job, ho hum. I've been TRYING to get a supplemental job but none to my success, I only find jobs that offer me less hours, less money and only offer it on days I work now.

Fuck them.

I'm behind on rent because the fucking bank bounced my cheque then conveniently used the money that was THERE for rent to pay my credit card.

Not only did they do that, when I went in to cash my paycheck later that month, they forced me to pay 100$ to lift the HOLD they had on my account, yet they didn't tell me about the little incident they did with my previous months rent.

So I've been scratching and clawing my way back, on fumes. Stretching pennies out and such. I'm almost caught up with my rent, to find out my fucking roommates want 100$ off of me for a fucking phone bill, because the long distance "plan" we had on the phone wasn't free after 9pm yet, a percentage off after 9pm.

How convenient.

So on top of bills that I've let grind into the dirt so I can pay rent, I have this shit plus rent.

Fuck money.
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
Nevan

I hear you. That's the joy of financial independence, huh?

It's mostly the same with me - forever scraping together what you can and the minute you manage to pay off something, either something essential breaks or something happens and there goes whatever you've managed to save. I've been paying my own bills for 8 years now and it never gets better. Seems like you'll just always have debt and never earn enough to cover it. Woohoo.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It doesn't matter how much money you make, even millionaires and billionaires have money woes.

One month last year my wife charged $9,000 on our American Express Gold card. Try imaging how THAT would throw off your monthly budget, I had to sell stock to cover it, stock that later increased to ten times it's value. I missed the opportunity of a lifetime to make $100,000 from a $9,000 investment.

Sucks.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
Raptor

Ah I haven't had to start trying to get a job yet, but I have just started uni.

Going to owe the student loan company over £28000 if I make through my 4 year course... yay
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
It doesn't matter how much money you make, even millionaires and billionaires have money woes.

One month last year my wife charged $9,000 on our American Express Gold card. Try imaging how THAT would throw off your monthly budget, I had to sell stock to cover it, stock that later increased to ten times it's value. I missed the opportunity of a lifetime to make $100,000 from a $9,000 investment.

Sucks.
But Murphy says that if you kept it...it might have decreased. XD
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
...One month last year my wife charged $9,000 on our American Express Gold card...
What exactly did she spend nine-thousand dollars on?!
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
DarkGentleman

All my debts were paid off last winter and it felt good, UNTIL my rent increased a little and it's not really that bad. I still have extra for myself after my rent, child support and internet is paid off BI-WEEKLY.

Credit cards will kill your ass with their high interests. That's why I got the pre-paid MasterCard that I can use for my online shopping and hopefully repair my credit faster.
To make the story short about my credit card experience, I had a gf about 10 yrs ago that maxed out my Visa card, hid my bills and dumped me. So I was stuck paying it off, which I had no choice and I couldn't track her down to get the money from her either.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote