Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #1651
WolfMoon

*HUGZ all around*

Mark that's a cute-as-hell pic! Never seen a bear hugging a wolf before, Fuckin'-A!!

EPS, I wish there were words................I care about you and what you are going through, love. I'm sorry that you're stuck with morons for doctors who don't even check to see if what they're about to do will make things worse or not. But I'm mostly sorry that I can do nothing but watch as someone I care about goes through such an ordeal.

*SOB*
Old 01-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #1652
urian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
My intention wasn’t to snipe at you Urian, my words; in this instant, were not meant to reach out and mentally bitch slap you…I’m not omnipotent, and did not know that making a lame comparison to E_P_S’s condition and saying I felt like a rubber-knecker; the consummate outside-lookin-in observer helpless to do anything but—just look—and I’m real sorry about your brother and what you went through, going through, and if you wanted us to pause from viewing the carnage on the highway to E_P_S’s place, and come take a looksee at what’s going on with your stretch of state maintained asphalt…you don’t have to route the traffic from the one to the other, our necks are long enough to see both, and then some.

*Returns to mental hugging*

Train of thought, Thomas. you mention car wreck and onlookers and it triggers a train of thought that leads to the most painfull episode of my life. Was it something intentional? I don't believe so but this is the RANT thread and , as long as it was festering, I thought I'd vent about onlookers at car wrecks. I even mentioned that I wasnt attacking you , thomas.

It is, however laughable you think I was trying to divert anything. Trying to do that would be akin to detouring a river with a "do no enter sign". Like I said, train of thought. But my question is: Are you saying that everyone that posts a rant, bitch, gripe or whatever after ****** is trying to divert attention? I think not. You just naturally assumed that I was doing something I wasn't. It's comical to me that you would assume that.

Look, you have issues with me. I'm fine with that. But, if you want to settle them, PM me. If not, then no sweat of my back.

As I said before, it was a train of thought but believe what you wish.

*MODERATORS EDIT*

Do not EVER use MY Real Name Again!
FIRST and LAST Warning!

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 01-11-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #1653
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian

Fucking thanks for dredging up those memories for me.
Not to beat a dead horse but this is the statement that one could consider a personal rebuttal regardless of a disclaimer in the previous paragraph. The satement implies that he somehow did make the analogy on purpose to ruffle your feathers. Obviously you guys - sort of - worked it out and this post may be unnecissary but I really don't think Tstone meant any harm and I'm sure we can all understand how that would be a sensitive topic for you.

That's the great and terrible thing about text - especially short form like on a forum or IM - one can never truly get the tone of what the "sayer" really means. You can't hear the words, can't see the expression or body language. There's no discriptive setting like you'd find in a story. One of the things I've learned is to never jump to conclusions at a persons true meaning if there is any question whatsoever. Doing so has lead me to get upset over or believe/imply things that were simply not the other person's intention.

Take care kiddies and be careful how you interpret things. The idea is to post and have fun, not to hurt each other.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #1654
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
*HUGZ all around*

EPS, I wish there were words................I care about you and what you are going through, love. I'm sorry that you're stuck with morons for doctors who don't even check to see if what they're about to do will make things worse or not. But I'm mostly sorry that I can do nothing but watch as someone I care about goes through such an ordeal.

*SOB*
I Love ya to Pieces Lady. It's people like you that help me take another step when I feel like giving up. Thanks for your Love and droplets of Blood over the years as well.. Means alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
*hugs E_P_S* I'm so sorry, honey. I hope they figure out what's wrong, without making you go through some scary test that might make it worse.

*hugs again*
Thanks Pretty..You'd think someone besides ME would realize they have ordered a procedure that could potentially cause me to bleed to death. Friggin Tools. Thanks for the Support.. Helps Tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone

It's an experience of futiltiy, of watching others go about performing the heroic measures, providing rescue breathing, adminstering the morphine drip...and we who sit and watch...salute you, E_P_S.

I so wish someone could fix you and make you all shinny and new again.

*sends big mental hugs*
You have been a Rock for me in this Hell I'm in for a few years now. Your friendship and support mean the world to me Bard.
Thanks for Bleeding with me so Brightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
It hurts to hear you are sick, EPS... By whichever deities (you included) there might be floating among us, I hope you will get better soon.

If you found a way to smuggle me over the Atlantic in a box, you could buy me as your slave for like 5 $. I'm a pretty good cook, and all I require is a tiny earthen hovel to sleep in and maybe some pot once in a while.
We have tasty Herbal varieties here in the Northwest. Maybe we could just hire you as a professional DJ and Music Afficionado? Thanks for the Love man.
*Squeezy Hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
http://www.polarbearworld.com/images...armentfull.jpg

i'm sorry for your pain, beautiful.
I love that pic too E_E. Put a big ole smile on my face.
*Kissy Noise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Oh E.P.S... that's horrible, I'm with Julia, If only I lived near I'd be over in a second to help you.
Only if you and Julia dressed up in little Teensy Tiny French Maids uniforms..
*Hee*
Thanks for the Warm Fuzzies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I wish you didn't live across the country from me. I'm not doing anything with my days for a while, I could at least come over and help you with the mindless every day crap, like cooking and cleaning for example... I hope you have some friends or family closer by to help with the daily load. I'm sure Manimal does all he can.

My thoughts are with you doll.
All of my family and many of my closest friends are still back home in Texas. It's just Manimal and I and the 2 little Hellspawn. Thanks for thinking of me though. It does help to have support from cool people like yourself.
*Hugs*

You guys Friggin Rule. It really does Help me feel less Alone in all of this.

It's a neverending Nightmare, and I spend WAY too much time in my head thinking about it all. It begins to unravel the nerves after awhile. Among other things.

Least I can still get on here at look at all the Boobies when I'm down..

Boobies=Good!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #1655
horrorgirl

I'm really pissed of that an idiot like James Fey can publish a fake memoir and make millions off of it. If you are going to embellish facts,and lie, in order to get better sales for your biography then have the balls to admit it. This just proves that anybody can get published these days.Shame on the publishers for not checking facts.

However ,I do find it hysterical that Oprah and her worshipping zombies fell for it.

The Smoking Gun rocks. Here is their expose about the fraud:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...amesfrey1.html

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #1656
edible_eye

Quote:
And no, Tstone, I am not attacking you but, YES, you did hit a nerve with that statement. You can feel proud you hit one of the only exposed nerves I have.

Fucking thanks for dredging up those memories for me.
not for nothing, but this pretty much sounds like tstone's errant analogy was taken way too personal - and for no real reason other than it being an episode you suffered. tstone didn't reference you.

i wasn't even part of this until i read your post, urian and my brows creased in confusion. how did you make the leap from tstone making one of his eloquent statements while trying to console e_p_s, to him having made said statement in order to snipe at you?

i can't make the connection in much the same way i still fail to make the connection as to why a certain member sniped at another certain member over citing sources for pork rind manufacturing...

as an aside - i'm sorry for the pain you and your family suffered, man. no one should lose family that way. i've lost a brother and it tore a hole out of me that's always left me wondering what life would be like if...

i'm sorry.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #1657
ghostposts

I'm sorry you're going through this, Eps. You deserve far better. I keep you in my thoughts daily.

Urian, and Edible, you too. I'm sorry for your losses.

Just keep coming here, and we'll keep hugging and praying.

Lots of love from the ghost.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #1658
Empty_Purple_Stars

Thanks Heaps Ghost..
I know you relate with the daily battle. Some days I'm sure we both give new meaning to the words 'bitter' and 'jaded'.

*snort*

Which reminds me, I have a question to ask you. Check your pm's in a bit.

Eyes,

Thanks for the show of Unity Pretty One. It really helps. I'll even wear your S&M Strawberry Shortcake outfit for the imaginary Calendar..

*Hee*

Seriously Guys, you have no idea how much many of you lift me up and make me smile when I'm feeling so pain wracked I think I am going to go insane from the constant agony.

It means the world. I am truly Blessed to have such Sexzie and Supportive Friends..

Ass Grabs for All of You!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/big_hug.gif
Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #1659
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
All of my family and many of my closest friends are still back home in Texas. It's just Manimal and I and the 2 little Hellspawn. Thanks for thinking of me though. It does help to have support from cool people like yourself.
*Hugs*!!!!
Sincerely though, if you can think of anything I could do to help from way out here please, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask. Even if it's just researching something for you so you can just rest up and not sit at the computer or make phone calls. My stepmother got really sick once and she has 4 children of her own and I know how hard it was for her, even with my help, not being up to par physically and having 4 kids.

Seriously, anything at all please ask us. I can see that I'm not the only one who would do everything possible to help.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #1660
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
Sincerely though, if you can think of anything I could do to help from way out here please, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask. Even if it's just researching something for you so you can just rest up and not sit at the computer or make phone calls. My stepmother got really sick once and she has 4 children of her own and I know how hard it was for her, even with my help, not being up to par physically and having 4 kids.

Seriously, anything at all please ask us. I can see that I'm not the only one who would do everything possible to help.
You're a real Doll..

Thank you so much for kindness. I am truly touched..

It is a perpetual struggle, and everytime I take 3 giant steps forward, it seems like my Body takes 6 Giant steps backwards. Maddening just isn't a big enough word.

These days I am forcing myself to take one day at a time, so I don't get overwhelmed. The even screwier part is that the Immunological disease Sjogrens Syndrome that I have, flares up under stress. Ironic eh? So I try not to focus on what is going to happen in the future, and I try my best to avoid things or people that make me more stressed out. That's easier said than done sometimes, but I'm trying.

I promise if I can think of anything I could use a hand with, I will let you know.

Really is sweet as Hell of you to care.

*Squeezy Hugs*
Old 01-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #1661
JuliaGaltic

From what I've read, you are a very strong, intelligent woman. Your children are lucky to have you for a mother. There is no doubt in my mind that you will make it through this.

*bear hug*
Old 01-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #1662
urian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
not for nothing, but this pretty much sounds like tstone's errant analogy was taken way too personal - and for no real reason other than it being an episode you suffered. tstone didn't reference you.

i wasn't even part of this until i read your post, urian and my brows creased in confusion. how did you make the leap from tstone making one of his eloquent statements while trying to console e_p_s, to him having made said statement in order to snipe at you?

i can't make the connection in much the same way i still fail to make the connection as to why a certain member sniped at another certain member over citing sources for pork rind manufacturing...

as an aside - i'm sorry for the pain you and your family suffered, man. no one should lose family that way. i've lost a brother and it tore a hole out of me that's always left me wondering what life would be like if...

i'm sorry.
Like I told tstone, I know he didnt do it as a snipe or for anything aimed to get under my skin.

I am a very stoic person. I keep most of my feelings under control and very well gaurded but sometimes, when I'm not watching, a nerve slips from beneath my armor.
It wasn't Tstone's post, per se, that got me so enflamed. It was a weird train of thought that connected the dots between car wreck, onlookers/rubber neckers and a few other choice words. That train then threw my soul and my ever stoic personality straight back to the day Sean died which in turn brought back all of the raw anger and emotion that I keep very well hidden most of then time. It exposed everything that I canhide on a day to day basis in a matter of miliseconds and that hurt to a degree I wont explain. In an instant I was back at the car. I upset myself to the point of shaking. I'm not going to go into this in anymore detail in person. It's not the time or place for this.

It's no foul against Tstone because I know his post wasn't driected at me. It was just the analogy that hit a nerve and those damned emotions bushwacking me to prove to me I am still human and the hurt is still there.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #1663
Manimal

While you're handing out apologies, you might want to consider apologizing to our dear sweet and most beautiful moderator Empty_Purple_Stars who does not like her personal information displayed for all to see and potentially abuse - even if it's only a first name. Obviously she took care of the offense well enough on her own but do keep in mind that it is generally not acceptable to be handing out personal info on a public board without permission, which I'm confident in this case, was not given.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #1664
mortalitas incomitatus

E_P_S, my thoughts are with you sweetness.
chin up and keep that wise-assed attitude of yours.
xXx

*another eliter*
Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #1665
joyslayer

*Hugs everybody*
Why is it that the worst most evil, most awful things happen to them least deserving people. My thoughts are with all you guys and girls alike. So would my prayers, if I had prayers. If anyone needs a hug or just someone to talk to, my ears are just a few clicks away.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #1666
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
While you're handing out apologies, you might want to consider apologizing to our dear sweet and most beautiful moderator Empty_Purple_Stars who does not like her personal information displayed for all to see and potentially abuse - even if it's only a first name. Obviously she took care of the offense well enough on her own but do keep in mind that it is generally not acceptable to be handing out personal info on a public board without permission, which I'm confident in this case, was not given.

I remember when Mael and I would get mad at each other and demand apologies, and Secretboy reminded us of how akward of a position it puts people in to do that.

I am not saying what he did was right, and I know EPS has had problems with that type of thing in the past, but adding fuel to a fire that was on it's way out is unessicary.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #1667
ghostposts

Quote:
I know you relate with the daily battle. Some days I'm sure we both give new meaning to the words 'bitter' and 'jaded'.

*snort*
Who, Me?
*giggle*

JuliaGaltic, you seriously Rawk.

What she said. What you all said.

This group keeps my juices flowing, my brian alive and my heart full. The ghost wishes you all the best.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #1668
Sanctus Dei

I can easily admit that I'm about as hard assed as it gets, but every thing I've read EPS has kept me on the verge of tears. I don't think you deserve anything less then a productive and healthy existence and it tortures me to know your being handed any less. People like you inspire me to make more of who I am simply because I know you fight so hard. Your going to get better, I know you will... but in the mean time as Julia has said ANYTHING we can do to help you get from day to day (even as small as keeping our petty personal battles from sight to at least offer you a stress free environment to dwell in) I'm sure we can oblige.

Well at least until your better, then all hell will break loose... *wink*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:10 AM   #1669
edible_eye

Quote:
Like I told tstone, I know he didnt do it as a snipe or for anything aimed to get under my skin.
fair enough. you've made your point.

it's just this...

Quote:
You can feel proud you hit one of the only exposed nerves I have.
this is the only thing that still has me perplexed. i just can't fathom anyone here, tstone especially, would feel proud to have inadvertently caused someone else pain - especially again, on the topic of loss in the family. maybe it's just an awkward expression of feeling, but that sounds like a verbal kick in the balls to me - despite whatever differences you say you both have.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #1670
AlKilyu

My poor almost-ex brother in law. He is my ex's brother and my friend regardless of my issues with her.

OK so he got his girlfriend pregnant some years ago with twins. They got married and she eventually got carted off to prison.
Fast forward to a year ago when he meets another girl who I have to say was very smart and funny and nice and beautiful. So they date and she winds up preganent (he must have super sperm) so they decide to keep the baby and get married. All is well until an argument they have that pisses her off. She calls it all off and says they are not to be together.

I felt bad and worried about him because he did love her and in the decade I have known him I know for a fact he tried his hardest to get her back. He was willing to do anything in an age where some guys would have broken it off once they found out they were going to be a daddy.

But he survived. She kept teasing about getting back together then would change her mind. Fucking mind games. Well he starts dating again and while nothing serious has come out of it he moved on only because she forced him to. So she texted him recently saying that she knew they would be married someday. God bless him he wants no part of it! He has his kids trained just right, going back to school, and is stable and happy. While she is (was) a great person, it makes me ecstatic that when she came back he said "no"!

Dammit, what is it with women and mind games? I am a testament as to how short life is, and when I see shit like this it infuriates me. People who'd rather fuck around and make other people wait, or they can't make up their mind, or worse yet those who are drawn to someone once that someone seems to lose interest. His sister towards the end was the same way: Going to bed mad as opposed to working it out so you didn't go to sleep upset...and she should know better too. There was a time where she was "in a mood" and the night before was being pissy and I tried working things out so there was no ill feelings when we went to sleep, but no, she wanted to deal with it later, and let there be hostility until then. She left to her college the next day and was in an accident where her car fliped SIX times. It was a miracle she lived much less was unharmed, and do you think she learned her lesson? Shit no!

But what my buddy is doing made me happy today. She fucked around. Waiting too long and lost him.

Life is short and you might not have tomorrow to make amends for today. If you love someone show them as often as you can, starting right now. Don't hold back. Don't fret over how dropping your guard will make you look weak in order to love the person who loves you back. Don't "punish" to make a point over petty shit, at this very moment forgive and forget and get to showing love. Don't waste your time or someone else's by taking them for granted. DON'T TAKE PEOPLE FOR GRANTED.

Ha! I have to remember when we go out this weekend to buy him a drink for inspiring me! ^_^
Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #1671
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Life is short and you might not have tomorrow to make amends for today. If you love someone show them as often as you can, starting right now. Don't hold back. Don't fret over how dropping your guard will make you look weak in order to love the person who loves you back. Don't "punish" to make a point over petty shit, at this very moment forgive and forget and get to showing love. Don't waste your time or someone else's by taking them for granted. DON'T TAKE PEOPLE FOR GRANTED.

Great rant, Al. So true, so inspiring. Thanks for sharing that story, or both of them, actually.

Keep on that train of thought! That goes for everybody.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #1672
AlKilyu

Thanks pits. You know, this is another reason I think we should do away with the Political section: I would have learned a long time ago how much you and I have in common outside of politics.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #1673
edible_eye

sometimes i forget i'm a moderator...

reading through this again, i figure it's a good idea to remind everyone about a rule on the boards - DO NOT post someone's real name without their permission. screen names are created for a reason.

some people don't mind it - myself, for instance - but no one should EVER take it upon him or herself to name-drop without that person's "ok" first.

if that's unclear to anyone, let me know and i'll try and make it clearer.

thank you.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #1674
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
I can easily admit that I'm about as hard assed as it gets, but every thing I've read EPS has kept me on the verge of tears. I don't think you deserve anything less then a productive and healthy existence and it tortures me to know your being handed any less. People like you inspire me to make more of who I am simply because I know you fight so hard. Your going to get better, I know you will... but in the mean time as Julia has said ANYTHING we can do to help you get from day to day (even as small as keeping our petty personal battles from sight to at least offer you a stress free environment to dwell in) I'm sure we can oblige.

Well at least until your better, then all hell will break loose... *wink*
Well, that makes us both weepy now..

I don't what to say.. Such awesome support Girl, really..

The timing was perfect because I didn't see this before when I was on and I just got off the phone with the Imaging Center, AGAIN.

I'm a bit discouraged because they just explained that upon further discussion with their Head Radiologist they can't perform any type of Contrast Study on me at all. But in order to stop the bleeding the Doctors have to know where it is coming from inside me. But they can't figure that out without a detailed look at everything. Which they can't get.

Around and Around we go..

Oh Sweet Irony..

Fucking Sigh..

Your post made me cry, but in a good " Keep Fucking Fighting! " way.

Thank you so much..You're a Wonderful and Loving Soul.

Big Huge Squeezy Hugs!

You guys friggin Rule!!!

*Warm Wet Kisses*
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #1675
WolfMoon

I thought that was basically understood by everyone? Guess not. I just do it to Mael once in a great while cuz it's funny and he's normally on to catch it before anyone sees it.

And no, I won't tell you what his name is. But it might be Jesus? NOT!
Closed Thread