Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #226
creepylittleshit

THE BEAUTY MYTH By Naomi Wolf is an excellant book to read if you are trying to address body image issues.

The author picks apart every self-defeating image of "beauty" that you can imagine. Not only that but her persective is backed with a lot of statistics and facts that are not commonly known to most people.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #227
OnixxFilth

Hmm, I'll have to check that one out!
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #228
illuminatti

Hmmmm....body issues....my biggest problem.

I used to be very chubby...very, very. It bothered me like hell. Then I began running. Everyday...30 min. I stopped eating normally. There was a result but somehow i hate myself for it now. I lost 40 kg. But i also lost all the sexyness and health that i had. I have stomach problems and now i am just not feminine enough. my hips aren't wide enough...my breasts are too small. My legs are something i try to be proud of, but they just look too muscle-ish...and are too fucking long.
All call me a boy and hardly recognise anything womanly in me. Damn it. I just wanted to say that if you're cubby...be proud of it, becuase it's sexy and makes you look more interesting than the twig of bones and muscles i have become.

I look artificial. And i always look ill. I hate it...But there is always something called make up to come to the resque!

But i try to live with it somehow...i like my eyes and my wavy and sticking in all directions hair. And to hide the rest of my body i just wear long black cloaks. And to deal with my sweaty palms...I wear gloves with open fingertips. There is always a way out of a problem. :wink:

Beautiful means natural...so the way one naturaly is makes one beautiful. Don't try to change it.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #229
OnixxFilth

I've learned to be proud of my long, coltish legs- I used to wear baggy cargo pants all the time, but I've taken to wearing bellbottoms because I like the way they hug my legs and then flare out at the bottom. A perceived flaw can definitely be turned into an asset!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #230
Soul_Immortal

You don't have to be an artist to see beauty in flaws

*Soul*
Old 06-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #231
WolfMoon

Xng, twelve-year-olds don't have 'perfect' bodies. The last 12 y/o I saw lookd like a 2x4, that's hardly a perfect body and definately not something a luscious girl like yourself should be jealous of.

edit: I forgot to whine about my body. It hurts! Yesterday my husband got to watch me do the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease. It didn't really feel like it was giving me much of a workout when I was doing it, but my ass was sore when I got up this morning. And I'm not kidding, my ass and my whole lower torso feel like they were run over. That's what I get for slackin' on the excercise the last few weeks.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #232
OnixxFilth

That's probably why I don't really excercise, WolfMoon! :lol: The last time I tried a workout I saw in a magazine, I wound up throwing my lower back out! It's not like I'm totally inactive- I walk/bike a lot because I don't drive, and I like to dance to music, which can be a really good workout. Ooh, and let's not forget sex! :wink:
Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #233
Soul_Immortal

Shall I use my fingers to whine, or shall I let me legs to the running?

Like they did this morning? Did a few laps around the apartment complex,...geez. Came back, chatted it up a bit, showered...only to turn around and do a bit of Pilates, and alot of dancing to old techno. I miss dance...gave me a chance to express myself without words.

I know that I will never be the same size I was when I was 18, I know this. And thank god...because I love the curves I have now.

Really though,...I want a flatter tummy. My arms could use some tonage and theres more but...
. Why does society make it COOL to have no tits and no ass.

I don't get it.

*Soul*
Old 06-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #234
OnixxFilth

I'm glad to have big tits and a big ass! It's almost disturbing how society nowadays wants women to look like pre-pubescent girls. :shock:
Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 AM   #235
CptSternn

Most people don't realise that a majority of body issues all stem from proper diet. Exercise is merely a tool to help, where as changing your diet can have dramatic effects with little or no exercise.

I could tell you all kinds of stories...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #236
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
It's almost disturbing how society nowadays wants women to look like pre-pubescent girls. :shock:
HERE HERE!! I applaude you for that comment because oddly, society sometimes wants us to have some of that extra body tissue in those happy places and then sometimes, we're expected to weigh less than 120 pounds. Now how the freak does our lovely society expect us to meet every requirement that it has in store for us when it usually is not physically possible to achieve?

Well, my body issues are that my big boobies love getting in the way. If I was a C again, I'd be very much happier. Also, my bootie is huge! It's quite dispoportionate to my legs. I lost about 12 pounds and most of that weight was lost from my thighs. So now I have smaller thighs but my butt is still the same size. This is good because it makes my thighs seem even more littler, but it makes my glutius maximus look evn more maximus! Uggh. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be flat-chested and my butt gives me padding for whenever I may fall upon it.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #237
Morbideus

Big boobs and a big butt are GOOD!! (On a female.... guys with big boobs are disturbing....)
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #238
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbideus
Big boobs and a big butt are GOOD!!
Slow clap.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #239
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbideus
Big boobs and a big butt are GOOD!!
Slow clap.
*slanted look* Perhaps that sounded clumsy, (hehe! Maybe...) attractiveness is all subjective. I know I've said it before, but there is nothing intrinsically unattractive about a little extra size... Some of us wouldn't want it any other way...
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #240
creepylittleshit

It is very disturbing that the little girl look is in.

When I first got wind of Paris Hilton I thought she looked very unattractive, because she looked just like a little girl. She also acts like one too, very spoiled.

I am having a issue right now with spider veins. I am starting to get them on my ass and legs. I'm only twenty-one so this is a bit alarming.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I don't think I have insurance right now. So please don't tell me to just go to the docter. I would explain but it would take a while.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:59 AM   #241
edible_eye

here ya go, littleshit -

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00256.html

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/76/90238.htm

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/11/1689_50059.htm
Old 06-18-2005, 06:13 AM   #242
creepylittleshit

Thank very much for the links edible_eye.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #243
edible_eye

you're welcome.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #244
OnixxFilth

Although having big boobs is nice, sometimes it can be obnoxious. For one thing, I have to lift them out of the way with one arm so I can see my navel to change my navel barbell, or else do it kind of lying down/sitting up so they're shifted out of the way. Also, I can't wear halter tops because the two halves are separated so much my cleavage is way obvious and I look like a slut. Not that that's always a bad thing (looking like a slut) but it is when it's not the look you're going for!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #245
WolfMoon

Sternn's right about having a healthy diet(diet as in what you eat, not as in going on one to lose weight), but you also need to watch your portion sizes. Yeah, some of you have seen me say that over and over. And I'll keep saying it til people get it. I've lost a ton of weight since I had my baby, mainly just watching my portion sizes, cuz I couldn't excercise for quite a while after the delivery.

Also, having big boobs has it's advantages as well as disadvantages, but mainly advantages.

:wink:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #246
OnixxFilth

Yes, WolfMoon, there definitely are advantages to having big boobs! For one, you get a lot of attention and don't have to worry about being neglected by the opposite sex! Of course, then you have to worry about your boobs being the only thing they like about you...sighhh. I could go on and on about pros and cons! :lol:
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #247
strawberry_gashes

I have lots of body image issues

I really hate the way i look, specially my bum. I get bullied alot and people always call me fat, im a size 10 - 12 . It rlly gets me down
strawberry_gashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #248
Selena

I think there's something wrong with me...

When I was 16/17 I was "thin". I was just the way I wanted to be now, and at that time I considered myself fat! How dumb I was!

During my last year on high-school, while doing the exams for college and expecting the results, I got so nervous that I gained 10 kilos and no mestruation for 3 months!

The most stupid thing is that I can't lose them, I weight the same for 2 years! I don't eat much - I'm even a vegetarian - I walk a lot, did sports, but nothing helps.
I just wished I was a little more thin, and to look good on clothes again.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #249
Corpus_Draconis

Stop talking about big boobs people; you're making me jealous. :P

*looks around* Anyone know how to gain healthy weight? I'm NOT going to start going to McDonald's, or some such store, every night.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #250
Solumina

eat a lot I don't mean stuff your face but eat many times a day like have an energy bar as a snack once or twice a day and lay off stimulents, cut back on coffee, tea, and soda mainly and drink juice instead that should help some but if you want more just ask
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote