Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
orionedarnell

Jesus is the way

This message is for anyone who doesn't know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
Have you ever stolen anything no matter how big or small? What does that make

you? A thief right? yes. Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you? A liar

yes? yes. Have you ever had lustful thoughts toward anyone? Well Jesus said that if

you have lusted then you are an adulterer at heart and adultery is against the ten

commandments. It is number 7. Have you ever hated someone? Jesus said that if

you have ever hated anyone then you are a murderer at heart. Thou shalt not kill

(murder) is number 6.
So if God were to judge you by the ten commandments would you go to heaven or

hell. We would all go to hell if that were the case. No man has followed the ten

commandments. But you know what God did to save us from going to hell. He sent

His Son to die on the cross for us and suffer for all of our sins. Then He rose from

the dead to defeat death forever that we may live forever in Heaven and not suffer

eternal damnation.
If you deny this belief let me tell you that the Gospels were written within one

generation of the life of Christ and they were written by eyewitnesses or by people

who interviewed witnesses. This has been proven by historians.
I just want you to realize that I care for you and I want to see you in Heaven and

God Loved this world so much that He gave His only begotten Son that whosover

believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
I ask you to please think about your eternity and this message and come to Jesus

and repent (turn away) from your sins.
orionedarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Definitely spooky.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
maggot

Definitely not news, though. We've been hearing these doom and gloom dystopic fairytale rules being spewn from the mouth of this bigot for a while now.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Wait, this is not the Spooky News section.
Well, let's talk about other stuff:
This copy-and-paste message makes me think of Jesus as giving away pamphlets rather than teaching.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
maggot

Oh yeah, you're right. xD

Go me.

Either way, it still holds up.

And it's not commentary, either.

He's totally giving away pamphlets. That's what Christianity is about. Making the biggest ass of yourself as possible, amirite.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Jarl

Dear God

Despite what you may have to offer, I'd much rather pave my own path towards my own happiness, as much as I would like to be delivered from my own madness and hell, the path of which I pave is not intended to be an easy ride as following would be, but all of those wrongs, the bitterness and depression that follows are the building stones towards the appreciation of my inevitable happiness. Now if you are leading followers, who goes through the necessary steps of dismay? That would be you, the followers would just apathetically follow behind waiting to be enlightened by this promise land yet when they get there it won’t be as they imagined, but only as your gloomy mindset had imagined… the more the want and need the more the exaggeration the mind portrays.

In other words, for anyone to achieve happiness, they must do it on their own and experience every step of the way on their own… All you will become is a god with followers who want more. I do not doubt your ability to deliver people, to enlighten people – but what I trust in more is that they will not appreciate it… and thus all you will have, is what was really there all along, a nation of apathy – but with a different face.

And the whole idolizing the leader and worshipping, which is implied with following in return for the gift you offer of which made them follow you in the first place, merely creates more apathy, it’s not the concept or rules that suppress the ego… it’s simply the following. But I guess if you could make them delusional enough to be passionate and happy even under such circumstances, then you have succeeded. But remember everyone has only ever rebelled because they have awoken from a delusion.

-----

I would have posted this else where but it did not seem worth it.

As for JEsus, if he was indeed real (Personally I thinkt he bible is good fiction made of of metaphores selling their morality) He was helping peopel with his own two hands, not handing out pamphlets. He was the only true christian, everyone else is using it's name to look good
Jarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
the-broken-harlequin

"He was the only true Christian"

But he was a jew.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
Jarl

Yeah he was a jew, but you know what I meant, the concept of Christianity, wasn't created after hsi death, he is the base of the religion, the Christians try to act like him, but they fail. Perhaps I should have used a better term?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
MollyMac

Repetition of statement does not clarify.

God was not a Christian. Do as he says not as he does?

... and this still belongs in Shill.

This guy needs to go Chicking elsewhere, perhaps among the more naive. Most people here seem to know their own minds and will change them of their own accord as life progresses, not by a poorly copied chain letter.

Jesus would know how to copy and paste.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
Jarl

Jesus was the archtye of Christianity, Jesus actually went out and helped peopel personally with his own two hands, and actually sacrificed soemthing while doing it, his followers named Christians, attempt to act liek Jesus in the name of God, alas the Christians, rather than doing the good deeds of JEsus, fucked everything up, the only person who acted anything liek a proper Christian was Jesus, the only pure one and so on, not oen Christian today is a proper Christian, all diet Christians and hypocrites or fakes. Hence why I said the only true Christiand was Jesus.

Did that clarify it? x_x
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
MollyMac

Usually I do not attack grammar and spelling, but you need to make some amendments for clarification purposes.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
Shyantra

Good luck in trying to convert all of us. [/sarcastic]
Old 04-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #13
Jarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Usually I do not attack grammar and spelling, but you need to make some amendments for clarification purposes.
Yeah my bad, I'm used to Firefox because it checks the spelling for me whereas IE does not, Firefox stopped working ;_;
Old 04-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #14
whispertwist

I cannot imagine an approach LESS likely to persuade people to convert to Christianity.

It inspires in me an urge to burn my Bible.
whispertwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #15
Jarl

IF they really wanted to convert people... oh wait, no, drugs and pre marital sex is frowned upon amongst Christians... um nevermind >_>
Old 04-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #16
Shyantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl
IF they really wanted to convert people... oh wait, no, drugs and pre marital sex is frowned upon amongst Christians... um nevermind >_>
Rotflmfao!!!!!!!!
Nice one Jarl. That made me smile, compared to how I have felt in the last 12 hours.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #17
DarkHeartedDemoness

What does the Bible say about mind-altering substances?

This is an actual question. I don't remember.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #18
GothGarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl

LOL Good one! I'm going to used that next time someone tries to turn me to Chritianity.
GothGarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #19
GothGarl

Mind-altering substances? You mean drugs, alcohol and so on?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #20
Jarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness

I don't know, but I'm sure the Bible does not agree with drug use, because we all know, that Christianity is ANTI - FUN D: well, for goths anyway... I don't exactly see those bland Sunday School activities like Pin the crucifix on the heretic and apple of bobbing or what ever the fuck they do,very fun ._.

Sunday school - MAking brainwashing sorta fun

Off subject probably, but I'm all giddy from playing Poke'Mon Yellow on my computer ^_^
Old 04-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #21
GothGarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness

The Bible is ambivalent toward alcohol. It is considered a blessing from God. In the Bible Jesus turned, I think it was water, into wine at a party. However, drunkeness is considered a sin. Some church allows moderate drinking while others forbid it.

As for drugs, I have no idea but I know Christians are against it.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #22
MollyMac

I do not recall anything on narcotics proper (not intended to be sarcastic), but JC in the desert was there for meditative purposes and contemplation. No food, no water. Deprivation itself is a way to an altered consciousness. I do not infer this to mean that the Bible/Christianity would condone altered states by drug use, but that *intent* would be key to anything.

Water into wine? All the same, Lot's daughters got him drunk, Judith got Holofernes drunk (the moral of the Old Testament: Don't let Jewish women get you drunk)... I think it can be inferred that it is less about the substance and more about moderation and intent.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
Edward

So uhm... I guess I have to pipe in, being christian and all.... whats been said is definately the by the book form of conversion, I was actually taken to a class on how to do it, I don't agree with it.
For a moment all those who don't believe in God and Jesus pretend he does, or you won't see the point I'm about to make.

Jesus did die for our sins, but he also gave us free will, he gave us the choice to follow him or not, so going onto forums and shoving religion into somebody is the wrong way to do it, orienedarnell, if you are asked questions about your religion, please answer properly and respectfully, don't go all up in other peoples business and and push condemnation in their face, you forgot the most important thing, yes we all have not lived the perfect life, all of us have broken at least one of the commandments, I've broken all 10... which sucks, but remember, please never forget this, he died for our sins, thats why we celebrate easter (or more specifically good friday) thats why its called good friday, because jesus took all of our sin and died for it, we're forgiven, every morning a clean slate, christians, atheists, satanists, muslims, everyone, every single person is reborn every morning with a clean slate.

So stop attempting conversion through fear of condemnation.

"Red velvet lines the black box."
~Peter Murphy

*Holding a gun to Robert Smiths Head.*
Smith: DON'T KILL ME!!!
Me: STOP EATING!!!
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #24
MollyMac

*point to Edward*

Thanks, man. I wish more Christians like you and Humane spoke up instead of pushers like Orion.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #25
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
*point to Edward*

Thanks, man. I wish more Christians like you and Humane spoke up instead of pushers like Orion.
No problem, I'm just defending the faith I love, defending it from people who turn it into cult.

"Red velvet lines the black box."
~Peter Murphy

*Holding a gun to Robert Smiths Head.*
Smith: DON'T KILL ME!!!
Me: STOP EATING!!!
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote