Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
It's alright. 1 25.00%
I like it. 0 0%
I don't like it. 0 0%
I'm illiterate. 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
Disfunction

La Visage de la Lune (English)

I wrote this back in late July about 2 weeks before I would first meet the girl who would later end up being my girlfriend. This piece of literature was inspired by a blue moon that ended up making me think of her. So I stayed outside and wrote. Opinion via poll, and criticism (constructive)/comments via posts:

Her face shone like pale moonlight in my eyes, and in my arms she seemed a perfect fit though no more than a cold breeze against my bare and tender flesh. The dark cradles beneath her eyes held in them a wealth of gifts derived from both pleasure and pain. Her motions were as fluid as the tide, and the sound of her whispery voice lay present in my ears with indecipherable words, but even so they remained soothing and the centre of attention for my mind’s eye.

I, so far beneath her, felt undeserving of this attention, bathed in the pale reflection of the light from off her skin; her eyes were dark craters that framed her torments and triumphs so perfectly balanced against one another, as though agony and ecstasy existed as one and the same. I realized during this moment of purest love and adoration that it was not in fact the beauty of the night that I saw in her face; instead, I realized that it was the beauty of her face that I saw in the cold and lonely void of night.

Staring at the stars for so long, the night whispered unto my consciousness all that I would have shuttered to utter, but instead of the emptiness that lay seemingly omnipresent in my psyche, I felt instead the presence of something growing within. Though I remained uncertain as to the nature of all that was to come and all things that may have been, one thing was certain: all that I that bore the semblance of love had but been a silent lie within myself, as deceitful a flavour as any other. Bathed in this pale moonlight, things outside may have seemed more askew, but all that I saw within myself could have never been any clearer. Love was calling in its fiendish robes made of broken promises, untold secrets and hurtful lies. That same beast that had so fooled me into trusting it was calling my name once more. I did not flee. I did not shudder. I did not fight. I sat there and greeted its growing presence within myself.

Too many words to fail to describe the feelings and thoughts that rise up in my mind with so much a word from her mouth or a glance at her face. She stood so inconstant as the moon, yet dependable. For every scar upon my battle ravaged heart, a truth had crept in to show me the light.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
WolfMoon

Ah,the painful truth of love laid bare.

Beautiful piece,luv.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #3
Disfunction

Yaayyy someone read it. Thanks Wolfmoon.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
Blushing Heliophobe

I declare this officially necromantic. I think it's beautiful. You are very expressive; have you tried your hand at poetry? I think your style would make wonderful free form poetry...
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
tiffany_the_writer

I think that the opening line in anything you are writing, whether it be a book, a poem, an essay etc, is the most important line in what you are writing. Your opening was perfect. It caught my attention and made me want to read more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
I realized during this moment of purest love and adoration that it was not in fact the beauty of the night that I saw in her face; instead, I realized that it was the beauty of her face that I saw in the cold and lonely void of night.
That is a simply stunning phrase. I live for phrases like that.

Also, I love how you achieved and maintained a nice steady flow throughout the writing. I sometimes find that hard to do.

I loved it.
tiffany_the_writer is offline   Reply With Quote