Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #1
Fruitbat

Hey there

I get zero points for being creative - I just copied the questions for the introductions. I'll put it down to lack of sleep and having a really bad day.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm a stay at home mum, who is writing a book - well several

2. Where are you from? A town outside Canberra, Australia

3. Who is your favorite author?don't have one, but am reading bronte, House of night series, Vampire kisses - what can I say I'm a hopeless romantic

4. What are your favorite films? like loads of different ones, anything with bruce campbell in it - had too much horror in my life to actually enjoy horror movies anymore- unfortunately.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? can't remember what we had played - but I it was rock - i got outvoted for having the sex pistols and ac/dc

6. At your funeral? bring me to life - evernesence (spelling)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? quickly

8. What kind of casket would you want? black

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? black - don't have one

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? being able to do anything and having people think it is cute - I still do things I used to do when i was a kid but its less cute now

11. What's your favorite band? depending on my mood - love loud music with a good beat, guitar rifts and complex music.. I'll listen to anything

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? university - ecologicl studies

13. Why did you join? because I'm rediscovering myself and I think i was goth long before it was called goth - yeah i'm ancient

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?i'm a girl (in case you didn't get it at question one)
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
ape descendant

*looks in*....*waves*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

Hey, what's not to like about Bruce Campbell? You should have been allowed to play just a little AC/DC ... sneak it in at the end of the reception when people are drunk ... I would have just chosen something appropriate like "Who Made Who" *snicker* rather than something like "Back In Black". Ha ha ha!

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Fruitbat

Thanx for the warm welcome.

Ben, I shoudda played highway to hell - LOL . I have a itty bitty crush on Bruce Campbell, more so when he was in the Evil dead movies - I watch burn notice just for him. - **sniffs the air - yeah I'm tragic**
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #5
TheFeatheredÆtheling

I'm also a Bruce Campbell fan. I've seen quite a few of his movies, but my favourite is undoubtedly "Alien Apocalypse" ~ you know, the one about giant, technologically advanced, alien termites which come down to earth and enslave the human race in order to harvest lumber. Have you seen it? That movie has got to be the greatest "so bad that it's good" movie EVER made. It even beats the notorious "Troll II" in my opinion.

Welcome to gnet!
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 AM   #6
Fruitbat

I'm putting it on my to watch list. I've just googled his movies - I have so many to catch up on.

Loved my name is bruce.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Oh wow! After reading your post, Ætheling, I checked ... and "Alien Apocalypse" is available for instant viewing on Netflix ... so I know what I'm doing tonight! LOL!

I've also got the movie "Bubba Ho-Tep" on DVD that I've never gotten around to watching.
Based on the Bram Stoker Award nominee short story by acclaimed author Joe R. Lansdale, Bubba Ho-tep tells the "true" story of what really did become of Elvis.

We find the King (Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his "death", then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack (Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth to battle an evil Egyptian entity who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds!
So maybe I'll make it a Bruce Campbell double header tonight!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #8
Fruitbat

Alien Apocolypse looks really bad in a good way. I am going to expand my reading list to include some of the books mentioned on this site once I finish writing the young adult book.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
Razeal18

wilkomen! I thought girlaussies were called sheilas?
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
wilkomen! I thought girlaussies were called sheilas?
...and all redheads are called Bruce...

I'll have to educate myself on troll 2.. so many movies.. so little time
Old 07-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Oh wow! After reading your post, Ætheling, I checked ... and "Alien Apocalypse" is available for instant viewing on Netflix ... so I know what I'm doing tonight! LOL!

I've also got the movie "Bubba Ho-Tep" on DVD that I've never gotten around to watching.
Sorry to have pissed you off the other day, Ben. Don't mind my ravings; you're totally right ~ as usual. I'm changing my approach to this site altogether. I'd bet that you enjoyed "Alien Apocalypse", eh?

By the way, I also have "Bubba Hotep", and it's worth seeing for any Bruce Campbell fan. It's as ridiculous as you'd expect it to be and has some truly hilarious scenes. Unfortunately, the film's humour is not completely consistent so I don't think it's as awsome as "Alien Apocalypse".

And Miss Fruitbat, "Troll 2" is considered by many to be the worst movie of all time ~ which in my book makes it a must-see.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
*snip*

And Miss Fruitbat, "Troll 2" is considered by many to be the worst movie of all time ~ which in my book makes it a must-see.
I agree.. I'm going to find it somewhere *wink-wink*
Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 AM   #13
Fruitbat

Decided I should elaborate on my introduction, since I've had more than three hours of interrupted sleep.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm a stay at home mum. Before I had a child, I used to enjoy gardening, writing, reading, being involved in community groups, music (listening not playing), driving long distances for crazy reasons i.e. drive for 12 hours to get an iced coffee or a computer. now my spare time is consumed by writing and all the other things to a lesser degree. I love my car and love driving it

2. Where are you from? a tiny speck of land near Canberra, Australia (for the moment, although I'm overdue for an interstate move

3. Who is your favorite author? I have a favourite author of the moment. I used to read Stephen King, I read Doomsday Warrior Ryder Stacy when I was younger (and living in the UK), liked Ursula Le Guin, Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, now reading a lot of YA books, because I'm writing in that genre. I have read St Teresa's books, Tenzin Palmo's books - a cave in the snow and reflections on a mountain lake, The Dalai Lama books.. and so the list goes on.

4. What are your favorite films? I like loads of different movies. I liked Star Trek, Avatar, The Blind Side, The cake eaters. (Love Bruce Campbell), Pride and Prejudice, The Answer Man, Resident Evil, Hellraiser movies,

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I'm never getting married again!

6. At your funeral? I want a funeral pyre, a brass band and loads of alcohol. Everyone will have to sing friggin' in the riggin' by the sex pistols or the theme to Red Dwarf TV show- something completely irrelevant. Tears will be banned and anyone crying will have to recite a dirty lymeric or a verse from the sex pistols song

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? quickly. In a previous life I did drown and died in childbirth - does that count?

8. What kind of casket would you want? eco-coffin

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? jeans, boots/mary-janes and a t-shirt. I do own one skirt, which is scary.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? being able to do anything and having people think it is cute - I still do things I used to do when i was a kid but its less cute now

11. What's your favorite band? depending on my mood - love loud music with a good beat, guitar rifts and complex music.. I'll listen to anything, listening to mumford and sons, blink 182, KD lang, Silverchair, Muse, Black eyed peas, Lady Gaga, Brandenburg orchestra (classical), Sex pistols

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I've been at the university of life for a long time, and I also have a piece of paper that claims I have a degree in ecological studies

13. Why did you join? truthfully, I read some of the posts, and thought there was a decent discussion/sense of humour on this board, and I'm a little gothic - in age.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?i'm an old girl[/quote]
Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 AM   #14
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

Eco-coffin? Is that like a green burial? Do you recycle as well?

Oh I forgot my manners, welcome welcome.
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss View Post
Eco-coffin? Is that like a green burial? Do you recycle as well?

Oh I forgot my manners, welcome welcome.
Eco coffins are made of recycled cardboard and you can get them painted however you like. One guy had the cover of pink floyd's dark side of the moon album.

http://www.lifeart.com.au/ Not sure what I'd have on it. haven't thought that far ahead.

I recycle, reduce, refuse, reuse. Hate the term green, prefer ecologically aware.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

Thanks I bookmarked the site. Green is short and sweet and the color of my turtles!
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote