Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #26
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I've already informed everyone that I seriously want cash for my 30th birthday. The only present I want is the ability to privately pay for and have a sterilisation . Since the fucking cunts at the NHS seem to be under the severely mistaken impression that they know my own mind better than I do, it's the only option left to me .

This implant has been fine but I dislike the fact it wears out and has to be replaced every 3 years. I don't trust the little shit.
If you're that dead set on not having kids, sterilization isn't the only option, you know.

Why not just use the implant+spermicide or something, and in the extremely unlikely case that you get pregnant, get an abortion?

I know the ideal is to be sterilized, but if it's prohibitively expensive, I think the plan I described is a good one.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #27
Solumina

As she said she isn't totally happy with the implant but she is okay with using it until she can save up for sterilization.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
As she said she isn't totally happy with the implant but she is okay with using it until she can save up for sterilization.
She said she wasn't happy with it because she didn't trust it. My idea addressed that distrust.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #29
honeythorn

It's about £1000-£1300 approximately, but can go as high as £3000 ( surgeon depending) last I checked anyway. I can save that but birthday money would also be very helpful , and everyone knows how much I detest children so they understand.

I already use condoms every time , though I am thinking of switching to a diaphragm instead of those.

When I go to have my implant changed next year I'm going to do my damn best to convince the twats that they are not in charge of my mind. I have as much right NOT to have children to begin with, as any woman who already has a few and doesn't want more.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #30
ape descendant

A tubal ligation can reverse itself in some cases. Places around here won't do "the snip" for men or women unless they are over a certain age and/or have a certain amount of children.... their reasoning being that the patient may change their mind about it later.

I agree with you HT, you certainly should have the right to not have any children, to have the same options as a woman who has children when it comes to your own damned reproduction.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Are you anti-abortion?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #32
honeythorn

Who me? I'm not really sure to be honest. It's not the sort of thing you can make a massive sweeping decision on really. I would say I am neither for nor against. It should be decided on a case by case basis as to wether I would consider it a wrong thing to do.

If there's nothing wrong with the child and it was simply a case of an unwanted baby, I do think it's wrong to simply terminate it just because it isn't wanted and naught else . The woman could have the child and give it up for adoption immediately.

In the case of R@pe, well I can certainly see why a woman wouldn't want the child due to the way it was concieved. I couldn't blame her really for not wanting it. On the other hand again, if there's nothing wrong with the baby healthwise, you certainly can't blame the kid in any way, there's no reason she couldn't have it and give it up.

But then there is not only the problem of said child growing up and wanting to know why they were not wanted, but also the fact that when they discover as an adult or teenager perhaps, that not only were they simply unwanted to begin with, but that their existance is a consequence of a horrible act of sexual abuse.... that's a double headfuck if nothing else.

And then there is physical problems with the child. I think if can be pretty much garaunteed the kid is going to be born seriously deformed, or mentally affected to such a degreee that they will require a lifetime of intense round the clock care, and medications and operations ? I think in a fair few of those cases it would be fairer to the child to terminate.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #33
Saya

Because pregnancy is so wonderful and easy and adoption has no serious problems with it? And its no problem to carry your rapist's child for nine months, give it up and live in fear that it'll come find you?

And a fetus is not a kid. This is why abortion is legal.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #34
honeythorn

Saya, I really couldn't give a shit, so don't even bother. I was simply answering the question with the information I know at this moment, and a brief and not very passionate opinion as to possible circumstances.

I'm not going to research it because I honestly don't care how many children there are in the world, the circumstances in which they were concieved, why people don't want them ect ect. As long as they stay out of my way or I can avoid them as much as I possiby can, I'm all good.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #35
Saya

So, "Oh its wrong, its unethical, but I hate kids anyway so I don't care?"
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #36
honeythorn

Jesus H Christ did you even read my post at all? No of course not, you just picked the areas that I said I could see how it could be wrong in my own opinion, in order to start a shitstorm. For the rest of the post I have stated why I think termination would actually be a good idea.

I did in fact point out that I could see why the woman would not want to have a child concieved as a result of r@pe
. I also pointIed out the probelm of giving birth to ,and having that child adopted, and of having to explain/have it explained to them when older, the reason why they were not wanted.

It would be bad enough to know you were not wanted, but to also discover your father is/was a r@pist could/does cause terrible mental anguish. I can see why the woman in such a case would not only wish to terminate the child, in order to be rid of someone who would remind her of her horrible ordeal, but also prevent that person from having to suffer the knowledge of why they were unwanted.

And since such situations don't concern me, no, I don't care. I have already stated that I am neither for nor against in general, and that the reason for termination being wrong or right should be asessed on a case by case basis since so many factors can be involved with regards to the reason for pregnancy in the first place.

I merely said that I, personally think it's wrong to just kill it purely because it isn't wanted and for no other reason. If a woman I knew did such a thing, I'd think "well that's a bit wrong to my mind really ,but it's not my body nor my baby so frankly it's not my business" I wouldn't cease to be friends with that woman, nor would I berate her for it. As I say, her life her business.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #37
Solumina

I'm not saying that what is being said is or isn't valid, but this doesn't need to become another thread about abortion rights.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #38
Saya

Why would you even begin to make that judgement? No one is all "for" abortion, in every case. Its "pro-choice" versus "pro-life", not "pro-abortion". So where do you get off judging people on their choices and calling it wrong, even if you say you wouldn't voice it?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #39
MrBlackDarkness666

my mom was 18 when she had the "accident"
MrBlackDarkness666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #40
honeythorn

Quote:
So where do you get off judging people on their choices and calling it wrong, even if you say you wouldn't voice it?
So hold on... you're saying that if I judge someone or have a opinion about something... it's wrong of me to not say anything about it and I am not allowed an opinion on it?

It's a personal judgement/opinion/whatever. I can judge whoever I like on whatever I like. Wether I say it out loud or not is up to me. If I express whatever judgement it is out loud and they don't like it? Tough shit, my mind is my own to think what I will. They don't have to care about what I think, they have their own life to lead and their decisions are theirs to live with as they please.

Some woman wants to get rid of her kid? Fine, not my problem . Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks , only she can make that decision . Wether I voiced my opinion aloud or not is of no consequence to her, since the decision will remain hers alone.

Every single person on this planet judges eachother on a vast range of things almost constantly. How many of these judgements are ever voiced? Your tone of post suggests that you never judge anyone about anything. Are you not judging me now? Where do you get off ranting at me for having an opinion? An opinion which has no effect on the women in question whatsoever.

I really don't care about your freaky feminist ranting. I really don't care about who wants to abort what. It is perfectly possible to have an opinion of something and also not actually care about the situation/thing in question . I'm doing it at this very minute.

A question was asked and I answered it. As stated, this is not an abortion thread , if you want to rant at people for not agreeing with you, go and start one elsewhere with people who actually give a toss. I don't, and I'm off to bed. See ya.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

I don't think there's anything wrong with judging folk for any reason. Deliberately making the person feel bad or harming them is wrong, but having opinions on their behaviors isn't.

Also, I am not pro-choice, I am pro-abortion.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #42
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
So hold on... you're saying that if I judge someone or have a opinion about something... it's wrong of me to not say anything about it and I am not allowed an opinion on it?

It's a personal judgement/opinion/whatever. I can judge whoever I like on whatever I like. Wether I say it out loud or not is up to me. If I express whatever judgement it is out loud and they don't like it? Tough shit, my mind is my own to think what I will. They don't have to care about what I think, they have their own life to lead and their decisions are theirs to live with as they please.

Some woman wants to get rid of her kid? Fine, not my problem . Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks , only she can make that decision . Wether I voiced my opinion aloud or not is of no consequence to her, since the decision will remain hers alone.

Every single person on this planet judges eachother on a vast range of things almost constantly. How many of these judgements are ever voiced? Your tone of post suggests that you never judge anyone about anything. Are you not judging me now? Where do you get off ranting at me for having an opinion? An opinion which has no effect on the women in question whatsoever.

I really don't care about your freaky feminist ranting. I really don't care about who wants to abort what. It is perfectly possible to have an opinion of something and also not actually care about the situation/thing in question . I'm doing it at this very minute.

A question was asked and I answered it. As stated, this is not an abortion thread , if you want to rant at people for not agreeing with you, go and start one elsewhere with people who actually give a toss. I don't, and I'm off to bed. See ya.
Its not judgment in and of itself that I protest, its having a stupid opinion. I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box, but it blows my mind that someone who has expressed seething hatred for children including your own niece suddenly thinks its morally wrong "for a woman to get rid of her kid," especially when thats not what she's doing, she's terminating a pregnancy, preventing a fetus from becoming a kid. If you post something online, its public and people can comment on it. If you wanted it to be private and no one ever criticize you for being an ass, do it in a PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #43
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Are you anti-abortion?
Only if they're done with a coat hanger in a back-alley.

Be Kind
Old 02-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #44
Murder.Of.Crows

What, that's ridiculous! Coat hangers in the back alley is the only way! Psh. what else are you going to use, a base ball bat in the suburbs?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #45
ape descendant

Nooo....

Be Kind
Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #46
Murder.Of.Crows

Haha! Oh ape, you always know best.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #47
ape descendant

Home remedies for the young and desperate.

Be Kind
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #48
Saya

There's a Cyanide And Happiness cartoon that is like that but I can't find it

ETA: No, I'm being dumb.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #49
Solumina

Is it weird that I can't overlook the fact that Sally has tits when she isn't pregnant but doesn't have any when she is?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #50
Saya

They made the second one like over 300 comics later (it was revenge served cold) so maybe they didn't notice.