Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Pathogen.

Before Gothic/Before Industrial.

Gothic.net Forums folks: What were you like before you became Gothics or Rivetheads? Call it curiosity--
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
tekajo

:?:

Well. i don't recall being anything else than what i am right now. Albeit a few years ago i was alot slimmer and slightly less annoyed by idiotic questions.

:?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
Deadhymn

I think this falls inside of the forbidden zone of thread topics right along side "whats goth" "how goth R U", "what does it mean 2 B Goth", etc...

BUT I'll leave it open for punishment's sake....unless someone requests it be banished to the bottom of the page.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
winged_dreams

I was a geeky girl whose geekiness only increases with time. XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
edible_eye

winged - you're a liar.

you were a geeky girl who turned hot as hell.
-------------------------------
as for - what i was - i'm pretty much the same "then" as i am "now", i guess. i haven't changed much over the years.

i wouldn't say i'm a goth, period - although, after being at this site, and meeting so many awesome and so many shitty people claiming to be goths, i guess i now have a better understanding of some of my "gothic-like" characteristics.

i like beer.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
Pathogen.

Re: Before Gothic/Before Industrial.

Before I became a Gothic, I was a Punk. Before that, a Metalhead [even in those days, I've been attracted to dark, esoteric things, wore all black & sported a trench]. Before that, a junior high school prankster, a Black Bart Simpson. And even before that, an odd little boy with a bad case of A.D.D. & no friends. My evolution in a nutshell.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #7
CptSternn

Punk rock, then came the MiSFiTS, and the rest is history.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #8
WolfMoon

Quote:
=> It takes a village to raise a child to hate all of the people in the next village <=

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

:P
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
Jane13

I was a morbid kid who didn't want to seem morbid, so I tried being a hippy... but I hate the idea of doing drugs and I get anxiety attacks around people and I love wearing socks.

How many boards would the Mongols hoard of the Mongol hoards got bored?
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
winged_dreams

I can't say I'm a gothic or a rivethead. I do enjoy goth music but that's about it. And I'm still a nerd (just thought I update you).

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
ElendarSilvermoon

I used to be the ultimate wigger, but now I'm more like, Legolas meets Lestat or some shit. My official nickname around school is elfy, for obvious reasons. :P
ElendarSilvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
Spazik

I was just your typical hooded-sweater wearing Nor-cal kid. I didn't start dressing goth until I grew up and started going clubbing/raving.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #13
Loy

What was I before I was goth/rivet/whatever retarded name people come up with nowadays? That would assume that I AM goth/rivet/whatever. However, I hate cloves, I like wearing primary colors, I think Tim Burton and David Lynch are worthless hacks (as well as Marylin Manson and all those damend date-**** rock bands), I know how to put on make-up properly, and I don't pull the "I'm so depressed" line whenever I wanna get laid.

As far as what I was/am...who the fuck cares? Are you really THAT insecure that you not only need to label yourself, but need to see how others define(d) themselves just so you have a template you can copy?
Old 09-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
Bodnoirbabe

i wasn't anything i guess. I mean, in high school, my friends and i were just ourselves. We didn't wear trendy clothes, but we didn't dress like freaks. I mean, sometimes i would get into an odd mood and want to dress weird. So i would get black leggings and wear black shorts over them with a black t-shirt. i guess that was the start of my goth clothing. heh.

Anyhow, it wasn't really until college that i even knew what "goth" was. And i started wanting to learn more about it, because it seemed to be how i felt quite often. Not the depressed psuedo-goth mope, but the artistic, philisophical aspect. And i loved the style. i thought it was romantic and beutifully individual. A lot of the Goths that i knew created their own clothes. And i liked that.

So, yeah, i immersed myself in it. I'm still friends with the same old girls, and i'm the only one who is gothic.
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #15
MondoHeather

I've always been into art that leaned more towards the darker side of life. But I also grew up loving Cyndi Lauper and He-Man. In my teen years, I was more into researching early punk, new wave, and 70's power pop music. But I also tried to look like a vampy 20's flapper, with not much success.

In other words, I'm not quite sure what the hell I was.
MondoHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
1TOOMANY

I got into punk and goth through skating and continue to skate and listen to the same and still skate. That was since I was 11.
I remember my first punk rock song I heard was Code Blue(fuck the dead) by T.S.O.L. at age 10 I was like WTF, I couldn't quite wrap my lil head around it! Then on I was addicted!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #17
MrMaelstrom

I was God, and then I repented treating you guys like this, I also got bored of listening to worthless prayers (I hate junk mail), so I joined the ranks of the desilusioned. I just hate it that I gave you free will and you still blame me fore the shit you pull.

Yes, I really was God. Why do you think my appearance is still called THE BIG BANG?
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #18
GAAAHHHH

Nobody considers me goth, but most of my friends think I'm creepy. I think I've always been that way.
GAAAHHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #19
Selena

Difficult to say, since I don't consider myself a goth.

But I used to be a hippie...
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #20
xxMusicAddictxx

well, I was more of a punk when I was in middle school. But I liked the whole "gothic" thing when I found out what it was. I don't label myself as a goth but all the people at my high school say I am. Oh well.
xxMusicAddictxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #21
(-$|N-)

I was heavily into sports and stuff until I lost the most important person in the world, my mother. She died when I was 7 and I kind of just shut myself off from the rest of the world. Created a small group of friends in my catholic school who had similiar expeariances when I moved to Pittsburgh. My friend Joe had his father commit suicide, so we kind of knew what the other was going through. Anyways when I went to high school with entirely different people there were very few people who I could relate to and they were into punk and related material, so I got hooked by alot of what they had around. Then the main person I looked up to got kicked out of our high school due to these assholes fucking with him constantly. After that I started to get more into harder music and alot of the people I hung out with came and went until I graduated and now my ass is constantly trying to get a electrical job which is difficult due to the lack of automobile, I have also seperated myself from the people in high school so I am rather a loner. So thats what I did before I was and while becoming, dont get me wrong theres alot more that went on but it is not worth getting into.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #22
Black Gestalt

I am not labeled. Never was, never really could be.

Music wise, I used to be very into industrial. I guess thats were my music interest started. Thats maybe 6th grade, I dunno. I have branched out into too many genres to count.

Personality wise, I have always been a bit of a loner, an art nerd, somewhat hypocritical.

But not labeled.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #23
demoncross

I was the pale kid that during recess that would sit behind a building, in the shade, read a book, wear heaphones and an overcoat (in mid July in Baja California), black sun glasses and I used to listen to heavy metal and punk but I never liked either style, I also listened to classical music. This is during 5th grade, when you begin to choose your own style. When I went to school I would cut across an abandoned cemetary and when I ditched I almost always went there. This is way before I knew what goth was.
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #24
Frozeninside

I've pretty much had the same style/look since I was atleast 15. With a few changes you know hair, size and the what not.
Frozeninside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #25
demoncross

Yes Frozeninside, I have found that for some reason on most cases one sorta chooses a style and then we find a subculture that fits the style/music and presto. Its almost like the style chooses you. You don't wake up one morning and say "Ok, this winter I will be Goth and then in the summer i'll be a pinky-snob"

Well there is Jamie, but we love her anyway
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote