Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #3326
An Eccentric Cellist

Poor Jilli... I guess I should put one up from my collection...
*begining of rant*
You know what annoys me? I sent a close friend an email on bloody Thursday! The bastard still hasn't answered me! He knows to be expecting something, and I told him on three seperate occasions to check his damned email! Grrrr! I need his help, it's important.
*end of rant*
Oh, Jilli, if you see this check your email.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #3327
Godslayer Jillian

Now I feel terrible.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #3328
An Eccentric Cellist

Why? I was ranting about someone else. That's why I put *begining...* and *end...* to avoid such confusion.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #3329
Godslayer Jillian

In any case it also applies to me, and I also have told you something over and ove ragain:

Get msn messenger!! *.*

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #3330
An Eccentric Cellist

Sorry, sweetie. I don't need to be addicted to talking to you at all hours of the night, despite how fun that sounds...
I'll try and persuade myself into it though.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #3331
Child_of_Fury

Mega ranting time!

I'm truly, madly, deeply pissed off at the moment. Of all the talented people of my class, the only f*ck-face there just had to go and insist on writing a play we're suppose'ta have finished for the high school's x-mas party. He can't write! I've seen the scribbles he does, and he just copies something here and there, mainly from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, he has nothing original - zero, zilch and zip all. I was so looking forward for some of the truly talented and truly funny people in my class to do the writing, but instead, in comes this d*ck-head and goes "Oooh, I wanna write it!!!11! I can make it sooo funny!!11!1"

What a brick.

I find myself hating the guy more and more. He's the type that doesn't know when to shut up, and always trying to be funny with the kind of jokes I laughed at them the last time I rolled over in my cradle. He doesn't even comprehend when people actually mock him. I can take a look at his work, saying seriously that I don't know whether I should cry or laugh, and he automatically thinks I'm kidding, like I would really like his works.

Sigh.

Do you guys have any clown-repellant? I am in desperate need of one.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 AM   #3332
Minyaliel

Child_ of_Fury - nah, sorry, but I do have clown paint left over from my last play - It's only white, grey and black, though, since I played an alley cat...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 12-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #3333
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Child_of_Fury: you just have to be blunt to some people before they get it. You should say with a serious face: "This will turn the audience off to drama, we should put our best foot forward, not our ass."

Old 12-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #3334
knightmare

I think Gnet should be renamed.

Due to all the complaining and defeatist attitudes that constantly pollute this site, I think it should be renamed losers.net. Seriously, some people need motivation. Instead of complaining and whining like a b*tch, do something about it or at least ask for advice.

Actually, another more appropriate name would be Cosmopolitan.net. Guess what is more important than horror movies, and literature? That's right, fingernails and boob names. Such superficial concepts have more posts than horror movies, dark concepts (like vampires), and discussions of literature combined. This is pathetic.
By the way, shouldn't be more indepth posts regarding music (instead of what are you listening to) and more art postings. I think maybe they are of some importance to goths.

I was barely surviving with just the poetry forum, literature postings (which are relatively rare), and at least a few interesting conversations about politics and religion. But these forums are becoming extinct.

Before I finish my rant, I would like to commend the following people who probably stopped posting for similar reasons: Splintered (for his posts on religion and literature, Cpt. Stern (for his posts on politics), Black Butterfly, Darkbender and several others for their posts on interesting topics. Oh, by the way, there was a rant thread for the members who left too.

There are some people who are still here like Humane Pain, Crying Crimson Tears, Godslayer Jillian and few others who actually posted on such topics. Also, Omegagoth, even though I do not agree with your antisocial methods, your knowledge of the English language and poetry is admirable.
I enjoyed conversing with some people, (although many of them are gone). I wish you guys well.

To the haters: you can prove my points by whining and pitiful insults or in fact, making another whining thread. I don't care, I have a life.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #3335
LostAndCrazy

You basically summed it all up quite well. I'd have done it but I cannot be bothered anymore.

P.S. I was ranting about people not posting anything to the literature thread earlier as well.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #3336
HumanePain

Well said knightmare. LostAndCrazy: I remember your related post too. The heritage of this site is literature, but there is one, a self-confessed troll, who is trying to turn it into a sex website, distracting the example we try to set for the new members. A justified rant, and a good reminder for myself as well. I am afraid I have gotten carried away with some of the Hijinks, Shenanigans, and Tom-Foolery, forgive me. (goes back to writing stories left unfinished in the Literature thread...)

Old 12-16-2006, 12:13 PM   #3337
Godslayer Jillian

Ignoring those idiotic threads would be so eas, and they would inevitably die, but so many people keep them alive. I need to do something about that.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #3338
She_Is_My_Sin

*Sigh* Though I'm not a great contributor to the Literature section, or anything like that, it still bothers me that the site is getting turned into a completely opposite idea of what it was...it's stuff liek that which makes me question why I'm still on here.

I left my old forum because it was becoming over-run with whingey 13 year olds, who kept asking stupid questions & stuff like that. I sincerely hope this place doesn't end up the same.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #3339
Godslayer Jillian

You're here 'cause you would never leave me.
There's not much science as to how not to let this site end up like your previous one:
Contribute in the worthwhile threads and do not be part of the idiotic ones (e.g. the Cyber and Boob threads)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #3340
She_Is_My_Sin

Just make sure this place never gets a thread about "My fav top colours".
Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #3341
cradle

I have no idea why....maybe it's because you were verry rude when you came here?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:13 AM   #3342
Crying_Crimson_Tears

The admins and mods and people on here are really starting to piss me off. Most people just want to be bitches about everything and the admins/mods do nothing for this site.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #3343
She_Is_My_Sin

Nothing gets done on here anymore & nothing will. Up until recently it hasn't really bothered me. But now it's becoming a pain.

Well, I'll give it until January. If I'm still not liking the situation, I'm upping & outing.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #3344
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I must agree with Becky, I have never heard anything that came out of her that was rude. And the admins do have a habit of banning people who ask questions.....

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #3345
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySlater78
Babe, been here since 10/2005-
:SLAPS HEAD:

I need to pay attention to dates XD

Sorry about that.

Well then I have no idea why you were banned, maybe you should try emailing the administrator.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #3346
deathbecomesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I must agree with Becky, I have never heard anything that came out of her that was rude. And the admins do have a habit of banning people who ask questions.....
yeah i agree with the rude thing, but you have to rember it is their site that they own and pay for so they can really do whatever they want to... wether it being banning people for asking questions or not.
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #3347
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
The admins and mods and people on here are really starting to piss me off. Most people just want to be bitches about everything and the admins/mods do nothing for this site.
Exactly.
I usually don't have a problem or anything, but the admin is only banning people that are really just not doing anything and the only thing that gets them banned is just asking a few questions or stating a problem.
What happened to free speech?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #3348
HumanePain

Becky...

I have seen her contribute beautifully to the Literature board, and try to improve the behavior of members who forget their manners. The only thing that I can think of that would have caused her to be banned is that perhaps she threatened them somehow in her email that she said was sent direct to the admins (which we were not privy to read).
Her banning seemed to have happened after that email.

But overall, her posting content that the rest of us have visibility to, is perhaps construed by the admins as "rabble rousing", and that usually leads to banishment at other sites (and in most jobs for that matter!).

But I like Becky.

Old 12-18-2006, 04:26 AM   #3349
MollyMac

Wondering why people join forums when all they seem to want to do is bicker. Arugment is a good thing, do not get me wrong. I do not understand why there seems to be entire threads of inane trolling that is unignored and unmoderated.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 PM   #3350
Splintered

Right now, I'm looking at a black hat. What is getting to me the most, is it's shape. It's one of those cylindered types of hats, that has a square bill. It reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends, because that was the night we broke up. It was also the night, I thought she was most beautiful. She was wearing the same type of hat. Same color, same design, even the same fabric.

I've been told that we broke up for a number of reasons. I have my own theories, other people have their theories. Some people have told me that she cheated on me, some people have told me that it was because she wasn't getting enough attention. Others have told me she found her current boyfriend at the dance, and decided that he was a better deal.

I don't know what happened. I haven't talked to her since. For all intensive purposes, I am still in the dark, left with only rumors.

The thing is, is that I want to get her back. When I say this, I don't mean I want her back as my girlfriend, or anything like that. It didn't work out, and I've come to accept that, and I'm really over that.

Before, we were good friends. That's how we started dating. For some reason, I want that friendship back. I really miss our friendship. Yet, I've also come to terms, that it most likely, will never happen. I have to accept this, that it won't be like it was before. I'm fine with that. Looking back, it wasn't that great anyway.

I'm faced with a two-fold problem.

The first problem, is that I feel, powerless. I don't mind loosing control every once in a while. I can't stop thinking about her though.

Even though I've been repeatedly told that she's the type of girl who wants as many boyfriends as possible in a year, and that I can do better. I've been told that she's trashy, that she's not worth the effort, and I am better off without her.

I can't bring myself to believe it though. I can bring myself to believe I am a good guy, sure. I can also see some of the flaws that she had. I can think rationally, and I can think objectively. What the other people say make sense. The little things she did hints towards the fact that they're telling the truth. I also trust the people who are providing me information, enough that I do not believe they would intentionally screw me over.

But. Even with all of the negative qualities, she seems like a good person.

Society makes judgments on other people. Society draws conclusions on people, without knowing them, or trying to understand them. It's somewhat neccessary; it's impractical to get to know each and every person you get in contact with. Yet, knowing the supposed importance of this person, I feel compelled to look beneath what is going on with her. What seems deeper, makes her seem like someone, with a big heart. It's as if society has labeled someone a tramp, when they are really, capable of caring for other people. That, there is some other problem with her, that causes this appearance.

What feels odd though, is I can't seem to reject this. I can't seem to bring myself past the fact that it doesn't concern me anymore. I consider myself to have an outstanding self-esteem, I can laugh at myself, and I can cope with things that are outside of my control. Yet, this is one issue that I can't control. This is one thing that is digging at me, and the more and more I try to take control of my mind, it takes control first, and kicks my own ass with my own body.

My own brain is playing mind games with me, and it seems like it has the intention of making me think about her at every moment. Ergo, why I am still staring at this stupid hat.

The second problem, is change.
While I was with her, I had a certain favorite band, a certain favorite hat (The one I am staring at now), a certain favorite expression.

Yet, now that we've broken up, it seems like I'm avoiding the same things that I used to listen to, based on the arbitrary and unfounded fact, that it happened while I was with her. For instance, I was heavily in to Black Metal while I was with her. Now I'm going into lighter metal bands.

I can understand why this is happening. I want to dissociate myself with the feelings that I had, because they generally hurt. It feels like a bitch to loose her, because I genuinely loved her. (People can say that I didn't, I don't particularly care. Everything I know tells me that I did. Perhaps one of my downfalls, concerning my age. Once again, I don't care. The feelings I had were worth.) So, seeing things that remind me of her, are painful. I want to get away, so I separate myself.

The problem is, I can't control it, because these are things that make me who I am. I had a passion for learning about the military beforehand. That's always been a present element in my life; I've been raised surrounded by war and what it entails. Where I once enjoyed paint balling though; I now find it mildly repulsive. Where I once wore military gear because it was comfortable and useful, I now find myself switching more and more to "Civilian" styles.

It doesn't bother me too much, but it makes me wonder, where I might stop. What if I don't just stop with changing the frequency I wear camouflage, or how often I listen to black metal? What if there is a fundamental alteration, of how I think? I can't help but think that I am somewhat addicted to something, or that I am blinded by some other factor that I can't see, that makes me addicted to something.

I've stopped drinking caffeine. Why? Because one day, I thought about the frequency I drank caffeine, and thought I was addicted to it. What if, one day, I think that I have been in love to much, and throughly reject that concept? I can't see myself enjoying that type of change, knowing how it is now. Which is what scares me the most.

I am genuinely afraid that this may happen again, and that if I continually go through it, I will either numb myself to the concept of love and that after losing the idea so many times, it will mean nothing to me. I am afraid that if I continue playing these mind games with myself, I might do something stupid, and loose an integral part of my values. I understand the need for change, and why it can be good. Yet, knowing what I know now, these things seem bad. Almost as if there is some purity at which I arbitrarily measure things, and that I have now suddenly decided something that was once pure, is impure, and must be eradicated.

It is ironic that I pride myself on being somewhat oriented to the rational, and that I can apply them where they matter. Yet, in this one instance, it seems like being rational, is the wrong course of action.
Closed Thread