Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Elder

I want to make the ultimate in gothic car art.

Sorry, there isn't a forum for other kinds of artistic expression so I stuck it in here.

What I want to do as a life project is build the ultimate Goth car.
A hearse is too much. But a 1933/34 fenderless coupe hotrod with mile deep black paint, limo tint glass all round (even the windscreen) with an infrared HUD display so you can still see where you are driving, and a mixture of leather, carbon fibre, brushed aluminium for the interior.
The whole lot entertainment/comfort systems of the car would be computer operated (audio/satnav/video/aircon/windows) with everything custom made (bat design yoke style steering wheel, filligree silver gear shift).

All the switches would also be solid silver, with a digital/video based dash, featuring computer generated round dials rather than real clocks.

I would love the engine to be a german V12, probably a large mercedes, running very lightly silenced mufflers, to give a bark like Cerberus, and sound like a spitfire on a fly by when gunning it. This would run through a 4WD system with old fashioned Citroen air suspension to make sure that it handled like nothing else on the road and cornered on rails and completley flat and low.

Not what most people think gothic creativiety is about, but things move with the times. The petrol engine is almost as damned as looking like a goth in a high school, so embrace it and make it your art.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
You know what, everybody?? Fuck Xzibit.

Let's get THIS GUY to host Pimp My Ride.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Elder

I would have so many ideas. Some would be for traditional hot rods and sleds, I could even bring out the dark side of a Dodge Ram.

In the UK, we get the DJ Tim Westwood presenting the UK version. He thinks he is black (but about as bleached as you can get).

Even though Iam not technically minded with shop tools myself (just basic service and repairs), I love the old automotive legends, with the likes of Ed Roth, and Von Dutch, and the modern hotrod shops that produce high dollar rods for rich guys (Coddingtons/Foose engineering). Sure it isn't home made, but the one off craftsman ship costs.

I can appreciate the flathead/satin paint of the ratrod fraternity too. Obsessed with the do it yourself, strip it and make it faster, with looks coming second.

There have been some great cars in the past, and when it comes to car modifying, even the ricers are taking tips from the old guys. Tey just don't now it.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
insertwittyname

Can you somehow find a sponser and make a rival thing to Pimp My Ride so you can somehow make it over to my place next year, and then whatever shit car I got you can make it bat-themed. ... ... ... Batman themed...O.o I'm in love all over again, maybe I could make Outside_Existance dress in theme with me, I could be Bat Girl and he could be Batman!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
Outside_Existance

you sick *radio edit*
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
insertwittyname

why am i a sick F***? hmm, maybe becuase I love batgirl's uniform? i'd so wear it at halloween!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
why am i a sick F***? hmm, maybe becuase I love batgirl's uniform? i'd so wear it at halloween!
liar, you just want to see me in tights.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Not only does this have nothing to do with an ultimate car, but you have also resurrected a long dead thread, whose aouthor is also gone and missed.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Not only does this have nothing to do with an ultimate car, but you have also resurrected a long dead thread, whose aouthor is also gone and missed.
Oh not long gone, just not so active on the web, time takes its toll etc.

Sadly I'm no closer to building the dream. Since I posted that, the LS400 I was driving went to be broken for spares, and the Saab 9000 Aero I bought to replace it lasted less than a year. I part exchanged it on an IS200 (You guys got lucky only having the IS300 in the states, our base model was a 2litre 6 cylinder with little power but so smooth). This is very tidy for the age and I have been informed by She Who Must be Obeyed that I'm not allowed to mess this up as it cost too much and I have to keep it for 3 years. The only goth item done is a small lifelike skull built into a small arrangement of black silk roses from Halloween sitting on the parcel shelf.

Credit crunch strikes so, I'm holding off on doing anything until I can afford a project car. But I do have plans to one day to build a Satin/Suede painted black Volvo 740 or 940 turbo wagon with all the body trim cleaned off, with shaved handles with chrome bumpers and a tube grille with a set HID bi-xenons and chrome hearse style roof rails.

Some minor performance tweaks, slammed coilover suspension and running wide steels painted red, with chrome rings and baby moons and a slight nose down stance should sort the looks and performance.

It won't be a stripped out track car though, I plan to transplant in a set of the electic recaros from a 9000 Aero for the front seats, and trick out the interior with deep buttoned velvet door cards and load area. Something more doable than the ultimate hot rod vision I had before. That will wait until I win the lottery

This will be something to go and tinker a bit more with on a weekend.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
emeraldlonewoulf

it sounds like you have amazing taste. I would love to see any of these visions come to fruition. I would love to get a hold of a '46 Saab prototype car for something different, or on the other hand, even though it's been done to death, a '39 merc. I have so many ideas for goth style cars. I am much more familiar with older american steel, but from what I can find, the cars you've been dreaming of have a good style to start from.

I am a big rat-rod fan, but also appreciate a classier look. you are right, the flat/satin look is amazing, when it is done right. One thing I think would be cool is taking old-style embalming tools and modifying them for switches and shifter shafts, and bits of interior trim. I have dreams too, but i gotta get the daily driver paid off first, and some garage space. Then, we'll see what emerges.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
And so, almost three years later...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #12
Beneath the Shadows

In any case, to the OP, since he apparently decided to resurface...

Do what you can on your budget. Even if it's small things. Then go to car shows. Start talking to people, ask around about other car modders. Find them, talk to them, bounce your ideas and show whatever it is you've done, no matter how small. Look at their work, and ask questions. If they ask you questions, answer honestly. If you're lucky you may meet someone who's looking for someone with your talents, which can serve as a stepping stone further on. And at the very least, you'll learn a thing or two just through observation, which can help you improve your techniques and/or ideas, which in turn can help you get noticed a bit further down the line.

But you should also know when to call it quits. If your dreams is taking you nowhere, for whatever reason, then you need to realize this, and abandon it. You can still fuck around with whatever you're driving as a hobby, but don't let it drag you down.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
NightmareInShiningArmour

For about... 1-2 years I've been wanting a hearse some day. As a Goth-Mobile.
Whenever people are like "I want this car!" "I want this one!" I say, "I want a hearse".
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
SiouxsiePernova

Aren't they rather expensive vehicles to run?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #15
Komakino

I'd like to see some goth themed vintage classics :P, Aston Martin DB5 or the 60's Mini Cooper...but theyre quite expensive as a project car maybe? >_<
Komakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #16
Still Jack

Broadspeed big cat XJ12C. Otherwise known as a highly modified Jaguar XJ12.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8...08269bsoi9.jpg

I want this, in matt black with tinted windows with cobwebs accentuating the wheel arches.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
Komakino

I love it @_@
Komakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
Lord Whiskerton

Hang a pine tree shaped air freshener onto your rear view mirror and you are ready to go.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #19
Anima_Severem

....I just looked up a coupe hotrod.

If this thing is gonna be built off that...

The designer of this thing is a friggin' god.

I wonder how you can gothify a hybrid SUV. If I had a normal car I'd probably just be lazy and stick a bat wing spoiler on it or something.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #20
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Whiskerton View Post
Hang a pine tree shaped air freshener onto your rear view mirror and you are ready to go.
Haha. Wouldn't a bat-shaped air freshener be more appropriate?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #21
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs up

Pine trees are uber goffix.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #22
Elder

Well, as it typical with my posting, I'm back from the dead.
Again life has taken a change. The SWMBO who refused to allow me to modify the Lexus is no SWMBO, I've had to buy a house of my own, and then 6 months into living alone, I got made redundant. No luck with work yet, but drunkenly I seem to have placed a bid on ebay.

I will have a Saab 900 Turbo 8v once the seller gets in touch so I can go pay and collect.

Potential for a nice mild low budget gothup.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #23
JCC.

Thumbs up

Hang black and purple fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:06 AM   #24
Elder

Oh there is going to be a little more than that.

Plan is at least for some Skulls/roses to match the ones in the Lexus, try to find a black leather interior to match the paint, and maybe take large wooden removable parcel shelf, and make a replacement in plain wood but with Sound deadening on the back, then trim the top up to look like the coffin deck of a hearse.

For more exterior visuals, might see about getting some window decals made to look like cobwebs, and create some interior curtains for the rear windows that can be draped back so I can see where I'm going. Headlining needs doing but rather than cover it in fabric again, I might see about removing it, sealing it then giving it a crackle paint treatment, with deep red or purple showing through black crackles.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #25
Fruitbat

V8 **drool**

A friend had a hearse, took forever to handwash and I only ever did it once.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote