Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Republican Voters Hate All Their 2012 Candidates

Republican Voters Hate All Their 2012 Candidates
'None Of The Above' Or 'Other' Answers Claim 77% Of Poll
- 71% Want New Candidate

SOURCE

July 1, 2011

Quote:
Despite everybody being all “eh” on Barack Obama, he’s still got an approval rating in the middle 40s, which is probably enough to coast to re-election — especially when Republicans are so depressed by their own candidates that a mass suicide of Hoveround-Rascal riders is a distinct possibility next November. According to a new study that proves the GOP is sadder than a goth girl on prom night* ...
* I didn't write that. - Ben

Quote:
... overwhelming 67% of Republican voters say “none of the above” when asked which GOP presidential candidate gets them all excited.

CBS News and the NYT surveyed a bunch of Republican voters, and this is what they found:
While Republicans are more enthusiastic than Democrats about the presidential elections in 2012, Republican voters remain entirely un-enthused by their current options — they’re still waiting for one of the field to step up and shine, or for a new face to spring from the shadows.

Only 23 percent of Republican voters said they were satisfied with the candidates running for their party’s nomination, while a solid majority of 71 percent said they’d like to see a new face in the mix.
This would be excellent news for Sarah Palin, if she wasn’t tragically plagued with SGADS (Snowbilly Grifter Attention Deficit Syndrome). Also, even Republicans despise Sarah Palin. (SOURCE - CBS NEWS)
So, that fills me up with warm chuckles this morning. Hell, it makes me want to sing that song from Team America: World Police!

How about you?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
CptSternn

Can you blame them? It's a mixed grill of nutters from all of the fringe elements.

Each one has decided to pander to a specific group of mentals, and therefore come off as pretty batshit insane themselves. The average conservative voter won't be able to get past the crazy to support any of them.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

What scares me is that Rick Perry is still considering jumping in. That scares me because his kind of crazy is generalized background static that some people miss until they observe him in action for a bit. He might just seem sensible enough (by way of comparison to the other lunatic fringe candidates) and panders to the the broad conservative voting public (instead of tea partiers or another wacky extremist group) so that he might be able to generate some popular support.

American's have a habit of electing some irritating Texans. Well, Johnson got elected as a Veep, but I still count that.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
Saya

Is Romney insane? I haven't been following American news lately so I haven't heard much, except Jon Stewart saying people didn't like him because he's too "soft".
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Mr.Doobie

That's funny. I hate all their 2012 candidates too!

Maybe I have more in common with republicans than I thought.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Grausamkeit

How come whenever my belly's full of coffee my stomach feels empty?

I'm not fond of most of the ideals of republicans, but I support their views on the current candidates.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Is Romney insane? I haven't been following American news lately so I haven't heard much, except Jon Stewart saying people didn't like him because he's too "soft".
As my staunchly-conservative (her words) sister puts it, he's a RINO.

(Republican In Name Only)

Romney under fire

Bachmann, Perry up, Romney down in Fox poll

*YIKES*

Romney flip-flops on charges against Obama

Oh, and to my previous point:

Conservative GOP primary voters likely to like Perry's positions

This is scary to me, because Perry is an mean-spirited SOB who fights dirty and holds no quarter ... which makes him a brilliant politician. I hate him, but he is the one guy on the political landscape that can give President Obama a fight in the next Presidential election. Watch out for this, because if he gets in the race then the liberals had better powerfully motivate the cavalry.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Grausamkeit

If Perry wins, I hope that there's a fan of his that's been reading Catcher in the Rye...

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #9
CptSternn

Romney will never get the nomination due to the fact when he was governor of Massachusetts he implemented a health care plan for the state that is identical to Obama's and fought to keep the conservatives from blocking funds for abortion as well as legalised gay marriage in his state.

These days he says he was 'wrong', but when he was governor his state did very well, so it is kinda ironic he now is doing a 180 on what have been widely seen as very successful policies but of course he is pandering to the right-wing now.

Another issue is he mega-rich and comes from money. He has no concept of how the average person lives. He reminds me of newt - constantly calling Obama an 'elitest' all the while flying around in his squadron of private jets to his many homes and yachts around the world. Todays republican party wants a person who appears stupid as to get the votes of the average joe they can dupe into make thinking they are similar. Like palin or bachmann.

As far as being an actual loony he is a mormon. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.....
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote