Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #26
Romantic Raven

I think you're all making too big of a fuss out of this. An entire thread in which everyone expresses their like/dislike for one guy? Is it just me or is that a bit pathetic? If you don't like his posts, don't read them. If you want to criticise him, bring counter-arguments only when he states his opinion. It's a waste of time and energy to consecrate a whole thread to discussing whether or not you agree with Sternn's general views.
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #27
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic Raven
I think you're all making too big of a fuss out of this. An entire thread in which everyone expresses their like/dislike for one guy? Is it just me or is that a bit pathetic? If you don't like his posts, don't read them. If you want to criticise him, bring counter-arguments only when he states his opinion. It's a waste of time and energy to consecrate a whole thread to discussing whether or not you agree with Sternn's general views.
And yet like everyone else, you had to give your opinion about this. Ain't that right?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguelon
Miss Ophelia, I don't appreciate the fact that everytime I type something you go attacking me this way. What you wrote has no meaning whatsoever. I was just using mere sarcasm. I like Irish for their witty humor and their culture. I didn't assume anyone was the same. YOu just said he sits at his computer and type shit. Well, you just said what I said in a more harsh way. So please, if you don't have a sense of humor, don't bother commenting. It was just a funny comparison and no u need to get a grip missy. It's you who is constipated. Try using a laxative.
Try using a laxative? Are you in middle school?

Also, not to be a bitch, but is English your first language?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Try using a laxative? Are you in middle school?

Also, not to be a bitch, but is English your first language?
It is sweetheart, so is French and Arabic. Middle school? mmm...seems someone thinks they live in England. Ophelia, don't deviate from the subject. Yeah, laxatives...coz u know like...ummm...like..when you're constipated and stuff that's what you use. Don't go picking on every spelling mistake or whatever mistake I do while writing. It is so sad that you can't think of a better comeback for you are wrong babe. It's not nice attacking people left and right for no apparent reason. I am free to be sarcastic but you are not free to attack me whenever you're PMSing or got issues. I'm not going to play this game with you again for you're not a nice person and this has nothing to do with your opinions. It's the way you say them. I'm not asking you to butter up anything or whatever but it's not nice being a smart ass all the time. The last time I just thought maybe you were having a bad week or something. I do believe in empathy unlike you, but it seems I was wrong; you're just plain mean and impolite. So like I said to you the last time, go crawl in your little dark corner.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #30
Rae Ven Rae

Okay--I can see Wormboy's point-- bu tit's like with anything--simply ignore him unless he has something more insightful to add to the argument...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
It is sweetheart, so is French and Arabic. Middle school? mmm...seems someone thinks they live in England. Ophelia, don't deviate from the subject. Yeah, laxatives...coz u know like...ummm...like..when you're constipated and stuff that's what you use. Don't go picking on every spelling mistake or whatever mistake I do while writing. It is so sad that you can't think of a better comeback for you are wrong babe. It's not nice attacking people left and right for no apparent reason. I am free to be sarcastic but you are not free to attack me whenever you're PMSing or got issues. I'm not going to play this game with you again for you're not a nice person and this has nothing to do with your opinions. It's the way you say them. I'm not asking you to butter up anything or whatever but it's not nice being a smart ass all the time. The last time I just thought maybe you were having a bad week or something. I do believe in empathy unlike you, but it seems I was wrong; you're just plain mean and impolite. So like I said to you the last time, go crawl in your little dark corner.
Ok, stop communicating with me.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #32
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I like Sternn: he was there during Goth's beginning, has been to the actual batcave and shit.
Sternn was four during goth's beginning. The batcave opened when he was 10. Exaggerating Sternn's credentials to this extent is both inaccurate as well as irrelevant since he almost never posts anywhere besides the politics forum.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #33
Graveyard.Crow

Plus, just because someone was alive during a favorable era in no way measures his credibility, or worth.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #34
Rae Ven Rae

Ignore him Ophelia...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #35
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Wow, all this talk about me makes my nipples rock hard :P

I can help you with that.

EDIT: For the record, I am uncertain if I am threatening you or hitting on you.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #36
Lapin

(Rocks back and forth on balls of feet)

I'm an American...wait, was I supposed to be offended by Captain Sternn?
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #37
Romantic Raven

Quote:
And yet like everyone else, you had to give your opinion about this. Ain't that right?
Sure, I had to give my opinion about how the subject is completely pointless, not about how OMGZ IM SOOO OFFENDED BY STERNN!!!!!11
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #38
Wormboy

I would like to point out the severe difference between offence and irritation. I'm not offended, I can't be offended, I usually agree with Sternn, I'd just like him to do something other than bash america for once

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #39
MollyMac

Read through his posts, he's an equal opportunity basher. I like him better when the ad hominem is not present; and hell, I agree with him on occasion. It's not like he's trolling and he stays on topic. And he reads, and he has sideburns...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #40
Lapin

(Hands Miss Molly a handkerchief) Got a bit of drool love...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #41
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Plus, just because someone was alive during a favorable era in no way measures his credibility, or worth.
I agree that simply being alive during that time doesn't count, but I suppose you missed the rest of my post where I stated my opinion was based on conversations with him and based on the critical thinking that goes into his posts, with the results that he acheives making one reevaluate one's beliefs.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #42
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I agree that simply being alive during that time doesn't count, but I suppose you missed the rest of my post where I stated my opinion was based on conversations with him and based on the critical thinking that goes into his posts, with the results that he acheives making one reevaluate one's beliefs.
Don't get me wrong, guy's as sharp as a tack, I just wish he'd pick a different target, ya know, just to mix it up

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #43
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Sternn was four during goth's beginning. The batcave opened when he was 10. Exaggerating Sternn's credentials to this extent is both inaccurate as well as irrelevant since he almost never posts anywhere besides the politics forum.

Correction, I not only drank often at the Batcave, I dj'ed there a few times. I opened for Iris, Pygmy Children, and Bella Morte.

Also, how young do you think I am?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cptsternn/672731678/
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 AM   #44
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Correction, I not only drank often at the Batcave, I dj'ed there a few times. I opened for Iris, Pygmy Children, and Bella Morte.
Those must have been great experiences, but your profile does say you're 34, so let's keep this real.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #45
Lapin

(Looks at pic) Sternn, you look a bit older than my Mum.

(Sorry, just observing...)