Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Looks like a few folks in Illinois have woken up to the realities of Gun CONTROL.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11...in;contentBody

The U.S. Supreme Court has set a date to hear the landmark civil liberties case that will determine whether the Second Amendment prohibits state and local governments from enacting stiff anti-gun laws.

Oral arguments in the lawsuit, McDonald v. City of Chicago, will be held on the morning of March 2, 2010. A decision is expected by late June or early July.

It's also worth noting the amicus briefs that have been filed in the last week or so in support of the Second Amendment Foundation and other groups challenging Chicago's handgun restrictions.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
Still Jack

Haven't you got like a Gun Forum you can go to for this kind of stuff?
Or do you get your pitiful self ridiculed there too?
Old 12-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

I just like showing up from time to time to get you guys worked up.

Pretty fun to be honest.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Alan

Please. You're the only one that ends up worked up and you know it. You actually gave JCC your address. I'm thinking of mailing you a blowup doll to both amuse your mailman and steam out your sexual frustration.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #5
Alan

By the way it's interesting that this case makes an appeal to strong federal authority over local governments to maintain the freedom of gun ownership. I would have never imagined you on the side of that big evil federal government you want to create a militia to fight.
real classy
Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
PortraitOfSanity

Good thing we still have Daley, otherwise we'd have a bunch of fucking nutjobs like Deadman running things.

If you really think the handgun ban is going to get repealed while Daley is still in office, you're a bigger idiot than I ever dared to imagine.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
LakitaJackson

I admit, I actually DO own a handgun, (so y'all be be scurred) but I would gladly give it up for stronger gun control laws. I think the 2nd amendment is a bunch of bullpucky anyway.
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
Shadowslayer81

Me thinks the criminals are going to ignore the gun control laws like they always have. This just disarms law abiding citizens, so the criminals have an easier job. Look at england they banned guns in the 60's and theyre crime rate has been gaining ever since. I live in Oklahoma and we have lots of guns, infact lots of my liberal friends have guns. Our crime rate is low because its insane to break into your neighbors house when they likely have a pistol or 3. Now my friends in cali get to not have guns and worry about gangs, killers, and other assorted lunacy that we dont have much of a problem with here. Because everyone is armed and has a low tolerance for bs.
Shadowslayer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
KissMeDeadly

Alright, here's my take on gun control laws.

A good majority of Americans already own guns. Especially in the south, where I live. When I was growing up it was pretty much unheard of to not have some kind of gun in the house, ranging anywhere from a .22 squirrel rifle to something fully automatic. I'm not saying this is a good thing, I'm just saying that it's the truth. Almost everybody already has a gun.

If suddenly guns were to become illegal (I'm talking more on total illegality, not just handguns like in this case) the government would either have to take everybody's guns away forcefully, or just make it illegal to sell them and stop people from buying more.

This all sounds great in theory, but the fact is that the gun trade would still thrive. People would smuggle them in from Mexico, and/or sell/trade the guns they already own. Since most upstanding law abiding citizens don't know how to get into the black market gun trade, the only people who would have guns now are criminals and people involved in other nefarious deeds.

I mean, people act like in America you can just go to a store, shell out $200 bucks and then buy a Deagle or something. It's not how it works. People also seem to think that criminals and people planning on shooting each other buy guns from stores. This would simply be retarded, because when you buy a gun (legally) it is registered to you. If you shoot somebody with your gun, that the government knows is yours, you are going to get caught. Most criminals buy their guns illegally to avoid this. I know this from first hand experience (Before the shitstorm starts, no, I'm not saying I'm some kind of gangsta killa who shoots people, or that I associate with people who do, but living in Tennessee I know how easy it is to get a hold of illegal firearms, and what they're meant for.)

Basically it's too late to put in strict gun laws. Maybe if it had been put in a long time ago, like 50's or 60's, then it might have worked, but the gun trade is just too huge at this point. Notice that weed is illegal, but that doesn't mean you can't still buy it.

I just see them as pointless right now. I think we should probably tighten things up a bit, like have a five day waiting period made a federal law (because in some states in only one day), or maybe outlawing armor piercing rounds. I also think that they should launch a propaganda campaign to teach the younglings about the risks and realities of gun related crime. Right now all the wrong people have guns, and this is a problem.

On another note, if guns were gone people will just stab each other. Take away the knives and we'll pick up a rock. America as a nation needs to change, not just the laws. We're too damn violent.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
This all sounds great in theory, but the fact is that the gun trade would still thrive. People would smuggle them in from Mexico, and/or sell/trade the guns they already own.
Guns are illegal in Mexico. We smuggle them from the United States. If you don't know what you're talking about, just shut up.
real classy
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
PortraitOfSanity

Fulfilling mankind's urge to kill each other since 1776.

My country is awesome!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
Saya

Bwah? You mean Mexico isn't like the Wal Mart of the black market?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
PortraitOfSanity

It is, but the guns you buy there come from the States.

-Mr. Filth
Old 12-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
Alan

We also don't ride burros to school. Skocking, huh?
real classy
Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You just crushed my childhood dreams.

I hope you're happy Alan.

-Mr. Filth
Old 12-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
JCC

Quote:
Yeah, you take the lawnmower now.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
Alan

Hah! That was gold. You win this time.
real classy
Old 12-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
ape descendant

Those who beat their weapons into ploughs with plough for those who didn't.
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Those who beat their weapons into ploughs with plough for those who didn't.
Do you have empirical evidence of that?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
splatter_skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakitaJackson View Post
I think the 2nd amendment is a bunch of bullpucky anyway.
Move then. The 2nd amendment is part of this thing called The Bill of Rights; discard one and you might as well discard them all. NEVER willingly give-up your rights.

I was born and raised in the Midwest. My mother and father took me elk hunting two weeks out of the womb.

Guns are a part of my heritage and my culture. My rifles are for target practice (great stress relief) and for food.

Pistols are also fun for target practice. Not only are they fun, but when times are tough crime usually goes up, robberies and the like. I don't own a pistol but I can understand why someone would: for protection. Even though I think that kids are more likely to get hurt than any robber.

But, automatic weapons are made for one thing; to kill other human beings. They should be controlled.
splatter_skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Alan

Wait, I'm confused, where's the predicate?
real classy
Old 12-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter_skull View Post
Move then.
Do you think, or do your fingers just type whatever response they think Rush Limbaugh would make?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
Alan

Quote:
Move then. The 2nd amendment is part of this thing called The Bill of Rights; discard one and you might as well discard them all.
Can we discard the thirteenth amendment?
real classy
Old 12-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
splatter_skull

Quote:
Can we discard the thirteenth amendment?
Not part of The Bill of Rights.
splatter_skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #25
Alan

Quote:
Not part of The Bill of Rights.
Exactly, so... can we discard it?
real classy