Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
jwestlake

What do you look for in a corset?

So I am looking for input into what types (overbust, underbust, etc..) and styles of corsets people prefer and why.

Do you like the corsets sold at the common mainstream stores (you know which ones I'm talking about), or do you prefer something handmade?

Boning - do people like good sturdy steel boning and the waist cinching? Or would you prefer something more comfortable?

Exterior - what sorts of fabrics and patterns appeal to you?

Thanks!
jwestlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
blindNsect

When I see a girl in a corset, I am mostly interested in the Boning.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestlake View Post
So I am looking for input into what types (overbust, underbust, etc..) and styles of corsets people prefer and why.
Personally I'm much prefer overbusts, though I wouldn't mind owning one simple, solid colored underbust, I just don't think they are as wearable, or as comfortable as overbusts.

Quote:
Do you like the corsets sold at the common mainstream stores (you know which ones I'm talking about), or do you prefer something handmade?
Handmade. Every corset that I have tried on in non-specialty stores just don't feel right, that is partially because I'm not that standard of a shape and those types of shops don't really offer much in the way of choices.

Quote:
Boning - do people like good sturdy steel boning and the waist cinching? Or would you prefer something more comfortable?
I like steel, softer boning tends to get bent out of shape easily so even if the item looks great the first time you wear it, you may start getting weird little bumps and such that make it look like your body itself is lumpy. Also I have never actually found steel boning to be uncomfortable as long as you hold yourself properly.

Quote:
I don't really like most patterns on corsets, unless they are quite subtle. I can't really say that I have a preference in fabrics as long as it is high quality (otherwise you even the most gentle wearing will show quite quickly).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Pineapple_Juice

Underbust all the way! Only problem for me is that my torso is super long, so it never really fits the way it should. But I don't like overbust because I don't like the whole slanted titties look. Maye I should stop wearing cheap corsets....
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Solumina

Slanted titties? Sounds like a personal problem

Honestly though it does sound like something that proper construction would fix.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
Saya

Quote:
I like overbust purely because it makes my boobs look really nice, but its not like I wouldn't buy an underbust either.

Quote:
I get mine from lingerie stores and I like them fine. I'd like handmade but I don't think I can afford it, even the ones from stores I only get when they're on sale or if I have a gift card.

Quote:
I prefer comfort, my back hurts if I wear a corset all day, of course if I'm just wearing it for sexy times its not a problem. I wouldn't use it for waist cinching, sounds too painful and problematic healthwise.

Quote:

Thanks!
Normally I'd just like a plain colour instead of a pattern, but I really like the striped on your website.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
meihao

a nice pumps

It’s no doubt that women love shoes, especially those famous brands shoes, such as Christian Louboutin, Gucci, CHANL, etc. As a girl, I also like to buy beautiful shoes; and pumps are my favorite. i bought a pair of Christian Louboutin Pumps Platform Pump Black from www.christianlouboutin365.com some days ago , the price of the shoes are cheap but super in quality. and the after-sell service of this website are very good,too .it is really a magic.
meihao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #8
Pineapple_Juice

^ Shut up.

Anyways I'd like waist training but I feel like I wouldn't keep up with it. I can't even spend the thirty seconds to curl my bangs most days.

Does nobody know what I mean about slanted titties? Like where your jubblies look like this from the side: / as opposed to this: )
Methinks that's just how corsets work.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
Solumina

Ah so that's what you mean, I'll admit that I was a bit confused but that makes perfect sense. It depends on the type of corset, different styles will shape you differently, personally I like my tits nice and round.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
Pineapple_Juice

Agreed, the more melon-like the better!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

If you are doing Corset training you need to find one that is just slightly uncomfortable with no more than a 5 inch gap. That is what you are working toward "no gap". Ware it everyday, sleep in it and only take it off to bathe or if you must for work etc. After several months depending on you commitment you should see results with "less gap".
Then you will be able to easily ware a corset with good sturdy steel boning with out much of a wimpier.
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote