Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #126
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree
What bible did you read? God is evil.
That's your perspective of the Bible. Judeochristian belief doesn't have that perspective, and Nacht mentioned the belief.
There was no error in there.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:55 AM   #127
Anomander

Quote:
Does the betterment of yourself have to be because of God? Isn't it more probable that you convinced yourself that you are better, and you really aren't dealing with any of your real problems?

Try going to a shrink. Also, I am not preaching to you. I am telling you what the facts are. It's up to you to have enough common sense to decide what is real and what isn't. You obviously have decided something that is unreal, is real.
This guy is just a self righteous punk. And by the way these facts are simply things that have been determined based on technology and research available today, in other words all your facts may change tomorrow. Then where will you be?
Anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 AM   #128
Anomander

Quote:
Atheism is not a religion. Atheism is the absence of religion; the absence of belief; the absence of a belief in the supernatural.

Atheism is as much a religion, as bald is a hair-color.

Furthermore, there is nothing negative at all about atheism, and there never will be. Because there has never been a passive stance on earth that has been responsible for anything. One could argue that mustaches make men evil, evidenced by Hitler and Stalin. Or that because Columbus did not juggle he felt it necessary to kill Native Americans and enslave them.

Your logic fails, and you are not an atheist. You are really not a disgrace to atheists, but surely a misleading one.

Furthermore, atheism is as perfect as perfect can get. Go read a book by Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, or someone like them. They can explain what atheism is better than me, or I can start quoting if you'd like.

And finally it all makes sense. Onetwothree is PERFECT! Y'all are wrong. Now with his total lack of tolerance for other opinions, his beleifs will surely lead to world peace.

You bloody idiot! You fail to see that you are taking what is exactly the bad aspects of religions, and importing them into your "so called" perfect atheism. You're no different from sick and demented religious fanatics who have over the ages wreaked havoc across the world - they all felt they were PERFECT. Oh, the irony of it all.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #129
Godslayer Jillian

The bad aspects of religion are their errors, not their passion.
123's passionate about atheism; there's nothing wrong with that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #130
Anomander

Jillian, while the errors have indeed been an issue, misplaced/misdirected passion (see suicide bombers) can also be wrong.