Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Pooka

You can call me Kat or Kate

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Violin, piano, reading, comic books, friends, music, drawing, writing...*shrug*

2. Where are you from? Indiana.

3. Who is your favorite author? Anne Rice, even though I suppose thats what everyone says on this site.

4. What are your favorite films? The Crow, the Original Dracula with Bella Lagosi, the original wolfman with Laun Chaney Jr., The Cell, Mirror Mask, Congo, Nightmare on Elm St (old one), The Fith Element, They...long list.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Dark Sanctuary.

6. At your funeral? KoRn.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? To many ideas, I haven't decided yet. It'll depend on my situation at the time.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Black polished with either white satin, or red.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Sadly I don't really have enough money for a favorite outfit. My normal attire consists of baggy black T's and ratty old jeans with rattier old boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Ignorance. It didn't last long for me.

11. What's your favorite band? KoRn.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I was home schooled, and if at all possible, dropped out when I was 12, I taught myself after that.

13. Why did you join? To find people who's biggest problem wasn't that Tommy likes Tina, and not Vickey, and omg did you see that $200 blouse on sale?!

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female last I checked.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Alan

Fuck The Crow, fuck Korn, but baggy clothes, fuck black lipstick, FUCK ANNE RICE, fuck dropping out of school, fuck feeling superior to other cliques, and especially fuck Bela Lagosi, whoever that is.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
JCC

They came from VampireFreaks, it's to be expected.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Pooka

Lol, well honestly I don't care what your guy's opinions are of my likes.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Alan

Awesome, you want to join a community but do pretend that you don't give a fuck about the community.
real classy
Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Welcome to Gnet.

You must live in a ritzy place if $200 is on sale [unless the person saying that was pointing out that that isn't a deal at all].

Are you planning on getting your GED?

Edit: For a moment, I couldn't figure out what that was poking you in the eye in that pic, but now I see it's your hand wrapped around a tree.

Makes a lot more sense than what I thought at first.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
You must live in a ritzy place if $200 is on sale [unless the person saying that was pointing out that that isn't a deal at all].
She was making an exaggeration to say that she hates 'preps' who have nothing more profound to talk about than overpriced clothing.
Of course, you have to overlook the fact that she wants a coffin more expensive than a Honda Accord. Look away from the hypocrisy!
real classy
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Tam Li Hua

Ahh, gotcha.

It's been a long time since I've born any ill will against preppy teenagers, so I sometimes miss the quips. [Hey, if you can afford it and you want to spend your money that way, then go right ahead is my philosophy; who am I to tell people what they should and shouldn't buy?]

Coffins are, indeed, expensive. I think that's why most folks here want to be cremated. It's just way cheaper for an urn and some dust.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
Pooka

Alan, I never said I don't give a F*ck about the community. I don't give a f*ck about people who are poking holes in whats 'goth' or not. Considering every real goth I know doesn't do that, because being goth isn't about exactly what band you listen to, or author you like, considering every one I've ever spoken to knows Anne Rice and Poppy A Brites are two of the top Gothic novelist.
And its a coffin I would 'like' to have. But I know I won't, its a dream, ya know, a wish? I'll probably end up being cremated. Its cheaper.
And I was not striking out at Preps in general, I have friends who are preps. I just dislike people who complain about never having enough, are spoiled, and have the I.Q. of a dead Rodent.

And Tam Li Hua, thank you for the welcome And I agree when its YOUR money, its when its their parents and things like that. If its your money, and your earning, hell, I don't care if you go out and by a freaking Elephant, cheers to you.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

KoRn I like them they were at a lot of small cubs when I was in High School(Florida). Will never forget getting pulled out of the mash pit and given O2. Johnathan Davis has a microphone designed by HR Giger.
Ann Rice I can do with out but, you should check out the Beauty trilogy she wrote under a pin name. Can't remember right now. . . Any way Glad you could make it!
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
Alan

I'm gonna make a list, even though Michael Swaim has proven numbers are gay:
1- You didn't say anything about not giving a fuck about the community. I also didn't say anything about what's goth or not. That pretty much makes all your post bullshit, but I'll keep with the numbers.
2- It's not about what's goth or not. It's about what's lame or not, and your tastes are lame. There's fucking Citizen Kane or if you want something more 'gothic' there's Tideland, but you like the fucking Crow? That's lame. It's so lame I find it offensive. You have offended me more than a racial slur because of how lame you are. Apologize.
3- Poppy Z. Brite used to come here. I bet she would be embarrassed you use her for a bullshit argument she would disagree with, and that you can't even spell her name. Better call Bela Lagosi for backup!
4- So you complain about people that are happy with something that's on sale for $300 but only because you're jealous you can't have that privilege?
5- How the fuck are they complaining they don't have enough when you're backpedaling by saying they're well within your means? You're the one wet dreaming with a fucking coffin that would leave your family in debt.
6- I.Q.s are terrible terrible tools to measure intelligence. This is universally recognized, but I assume you did an online I.Q. test and were so happy you got 120 or such, so you wear it as a badge of merit.
7- Don't fuck with dead rodents. They're more awesome than you.
real classy
Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

So anyway I like the Crow also but not as much as the comic books, and any thing is better than the dumb T.V. show. Disregard the blasts of anger and temper tantrums of others. If you like the person in the mirror and are true to your self, that is all that matters! Best of luck, Hang in there, someone new will come along soon!
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
...Poppy A Brites...
Honestly not ever heard of this person. I'll look them up, though.

Quote:
And I was not striking out at Preps in general, I have friends who are preps. I just dislike people who complain about never having enough, are spoiled, and have the I.Q. of a dead Rodent.
While you run into people like that all your life, it only seems especially important when one is in high school. After that, it just doesn't matter as much what other people you aren't close to are like [unless, of course, they are trying intentionally to bug you].

Quote:
And I agree when its YOUR money, its when its their parents and things like that. If its your money, and your earning, hell, I don't care if you go out and by a freaking Elephant, cheers to you.
Eh, I don't care; it's still none of my business.

My parents gave me [a little] money to shop with when I was a teen. If their parents can afford and choose to give them a little more, then that's their business, not mine. [Though $200 -does- still seem steep for a shirt to me.]
Old 08-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss View Post
If you like the person in the mirror and are true to your self, that is all that matters!
You know that's actually a very socially ill advise, right?
real classy
Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Tam Li Hua

A Side Note

-- The Crow is okay, but I'd rather watch something less depressing and violent.

-- Ahh, Poppy Z. Brite. That makes more sense.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #16
Pooka

Lol, Alan, its kind of pathetic what your doing. If your life is that tiny that you enjoying spending so much of your free time nit picking go right a fucking head. I've delt with more petty shit then you. not a lot, but a little.
The typo on Z Brite was definitely my bad. I've had little sleep this week and its been showing more often.

Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss Thank you for the welcome.

And I think that might be under her pen name Anne Rambling.

And Alan, I've talked to both Poppy Z. Brite, and Anne Rice, I will be more then happy to send you the e-mails we had back and forth for a while

And Tam Li Hua, if your parents have the money thats ok. I guess I wasn't very specific, most of the kids around here's parents are unemployed, and they throw a huge fit whenever they can just dish out a few hundred. Thats more of what I was trying to say. Sorry for my vagueness.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
..Anne Rambling.
Welp, THAT was an interesting Google search...

Quote:
And Alan, I've talked to both Poppy Z. Brite, and Anne Rice, I will be more then happy to send you the e-mails we had back and forth for a while
Anne Rice never emailed -me- back. *mumbles incoherently*
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
Alan

Wow! Really! Cool! Seriously, do post those emails. That'll learn me!
real classy
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #19
Pooka

Which e-mail did you send it to? The one I did was anneobrienrice@**********
Sometimes people will post fake ones.
Heres my e-mail to and from Anne Rice

Katherine, if the youtubes have been of any inspiration,
I'm glad. I wanted to be a writer from the time I was five,
and there were years when I wrote nothing, but then I'd return
to it, and the words would catch fire. ---- I hope that you fulfill
your dreams, that you reach for the fire from heaven.
Don't let anyone ever stop you. You know what's important:
to write, and to write your own stories, your own characters,
your own images, your own ideas.
Don't listen to critics. Keep going. Save all you write.
I was moved by your letter.
Take care, and thank you for the very generous
and kind things you've said. And be assured that the world
is hungry for fresh genius.
If you don't write the great books of tomorrow, who will?
Anne.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Katherine Thomas <symbolicdeath1992@**********> wrote:
Hello seems a dreadfully boring way to start this, but I feel there is nothing else more interesting that I could put. I know that most of your e-mails probably start off with something like, "I'm your biggest fan" or some long, drawn out thing about how Lestat is the most amazing character ever. Or something along those lines.
In the end I believe my letter will be just as generic as thousands you have read before, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.
I will not claim to be your biggest fan, but you are my favorite author.
I picked up 'Interview With A Vampire' two years ago when I was sixteen. I finished it that day, unable to put it down from the first sentence. I've been hooked to anything I could find of yours since then.
I loved everything about your writing, every sentence fascinated me, I loved your vocabulary and the fact it almost always had me reaching for the dictionary, (I love looking up words in the dictionary, its one of my many weaknesses) I loved all your characters, how they were all so different, but all had those stigma's that seemed closely related.
I've been writing since I was six years old, its the only thing I want to do with my life.
To be honest I feel silly in a way writing this. I don't know if you yourself will be reading this, or someone who sets up these things for you. But I'm getting off my point.
Back to writing. I've always loved writing, its the only thing that really makes sense to me, the only time I feel peaceful, the one thing that makes my heart jump, plummet, and pine.
Lately, I found some videos of writing advice you gave on youtube, and its really helped me.
If one day I could become tenth the author you are, I'd be thrilled beyond my wildest dreams. Its not for the fame, or the money. But for readers to be able to go where my mind goes. To make peoples hearts cry out in sorrow, laugh out in joy, or cry silently in pain. . . thats what I want more then anything I could ever think of. Its what I've always wanted.
I debated on writing this for weeks, I had all these things I wanted to say, and here I am feeling I've turned this into a big, rambling mess.
But in any case, I do hope you read this, even if you don't reply, just to know how much your books inspire, and thrill me.
I hope, in what ever your doing right now, that its bringing you happiness.

- Katherine Thomas

(I'm still looking for my one from Poppy Z. Brite, it was written a long time ago from a e-mail I am having a hard time getting into)
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
Pooka

it won't post the gmail thing for some reason...but thats whats at the end of her e-mail
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
OnyxBat

Welcome! you have very nice eyes by the way.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #22
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I was home schooled, and if at all possible, dropped out when I was 12, I taught myself after that.
*sigh* Lawdhammercy.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #23
Still Jack

On a sidenote, Brite writes worse than many an author whose books happen to be on sale in third rate sex-shops.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #24
JCC

Quote:
because being goth isn't about exactly what band you listen to,
You will soon learn that this is not true.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #25
Pooka

Thank you OnyxBat