Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:37 AM   #1
sockywocky

I need help finding clothing stores.

I want to dress Victorian Goth (with a bit of a modern twist and/or Gothic Lol!ta fashion twist) but I don't know any stores to shop at. I live in Melbourne, well a suburb there but I'm happy to drive to the city. Please help me find stores to shop at. <3
sockywocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Hmmm, Australia is a tough market. I tried looking at some of my websites, but the thing is there isn't much of a focus on the Victorian Goth style, and most of the stores are often online shops for Australia.

You might have to expand your horizons, as unfortunate as it might sound, by ordering online from other Online stores, it's more difficult over time even overall to find retail stores that cater to it.

But Jeannie Nitro is a great Designer of Victorian Goth Clothing.

Also in terms of true to fit/form of garments and design quality, the Best options of Goth clothing usually come from anything out of either the UK or Germany even more so than other countries. If the clothing is not made there, at least if they are UK or German-based designers, they usually tend to be a lot higher quality even if they are actually made in Pakistan, India or elsewhere.

Hope that gives you some insight even though it may not be exactly what you were looking for. A lot of Independent and Custom Clothing stores for this type of clothing have closed their doors over the last 15+ years.
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 10:48 AM   #3
myszabella

Have you tried Etsy? There are many skilled designers, victorian style as well.
myszabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:28 AM   #4
PierceBautista

Hey, I know this thread is a bit old, but I hope you're still interested in finding some Victorian Goth clothing stores. As someone who loves Gothic ****** fashion, I totally get where you're coming from. If you're willing to drive to the city, you should definitely check out Gloomth & the Cult of the Melancholy. They have some amazing Victorian-inspired pieces with a Gothic twist. And if you're looking for some men's wedding suits and groom's tuxedos, you should check out Gentleman's Guru (https://www.gentlemansguru.com/produ...dding-tuxedos/). They have some pretty dope styles that might be up your alley.
PierceBautista is offline   Reply With Quote