Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:21 AM   #51
Linen

Mine is what I named a ferral kitten that I had when I was 2. Who knows where a 2-year-old thinks of a name like Linen, though? My mom must have said something to the effect of "all the linens are dirty" or something haha though usually she says sheets or blankets. Maybe I heard it on TV. Anywho, Linen ran away eventually. It's not easy to get a wild cat to get used to living inside when she was probably outside all her life.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #52
Ictum

Gezh I've had alot of different nicks during the years...

Old

Razor
Mx
Shive
t-Ta
Ictum

New

RazorElder = that's me when I got my first computer and couldn't spell, nor talk english. Yeah. Later moved on to just "Razor" when I figured out that Elder wasn't such a cool subfix (I had no clue what it meant at the age of 10)

Mx used to and will always be my nick when I play FPS's since that's what I used during my CS period (it was a great time, not because of the game but the lovely brits in my clan).
It's easy to pronounce and (surprise) my name is Max.

Shive is my WoWnick, that's what people knew me under during that time..
I always do research for my names in MMORPG's, and I googled "Shive" (which looked cool, sounded cool, and found no results on google).

t-Ta is my DotA-nick, the one I'm using for tournaments (kind of stopped playing that game though, my clan literally fell apart during the last games of the CALtournament). The name has absolutely no meaning, I had to change nick for our first tournament since I was on tons of local banlists with my other nick "Rowk". Not for cheating though mind you, nor bad manners. My internet had the habbit of turning itself off for a millisec, which lead to me getting disconnected constantly, aka added to alot of banlists.

Ictum is the only semi-intellectual nick, I'm obsessed with languages, so I wanted something with a real meaning. I failed though and had to twist the word around to make it look decent. I dont remember the original word (sigh) but the base is "to strike" anyway. This is the nick I use for everything except first-person shooters.

They all hold some kind of history.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #53
honeythorn

I am a complete fantasy freak. One of my favourites ( and possibly among the cheesiest) is Legend ( I even have the soundtrack. That's how bad it is)

I stole my name from the character Honeythorn Gump. Basically he is a kind of leader of the wee folk, knows all that goes on in the forest and is basically just a weird boy with an even weirder voice. And he chucks glitter all over Tom cruise with gay abandon.

For those who havent seen it, It's about unicorns. I like unicorns..............

Anyway, I jus liked the name Honeythorn and decided to ditch the Gump. I have no time for forrest jokes.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #54
Draconysius

"Draconysius" is a dragon-ish play on the name "Dionysius". Back when I chose the name, I was obsessed with dragons. So, yeah.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #55
Catch

My name comes from a song by the Cure. It is called, "Catch."
Old 01-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #56
raggedyanne

At my old school everyone just called me raggedyannie; and I was out of ideas when I created my account so voila
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #57
BlackWidow

Well mine is pretty simple and self-explanitory. I have an obsession with Black Widows. Not just spiders, I am actually quite affraid of spiders. There is just something about the Black Widow that intrigues me. So shiny black and eligent. Beautiful and poisonous! I have caught...4 of them so far. 3 of which had egg sacks and hatched into cute little babies. It gets hard to feed tham after that point. Anyway, there ya go! Me in a nut shell!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #58
PersephoneX

Mine is stolen from my favourite story.....
My band calls me X and my friends call me Z, for Zealot. Which was my nickname back in high school.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:30 AM   #59
Child_of_Fury

"Child of Fury" - the 'fury' part refers to the word itself as well as one character named Bryan Fury from the Tekken game series. People say I'm quite alike to the character. Don't know whether that's a good thing...
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #60
Mir

My surname. Also the Russian Space Station. Hmm.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #61
MollyMac

It's Russian for "the world" or, if the accent is heavier, "Peace"- if I recall my Russian (Been a decade since class)...

Mine is just an abbreviation of my old intramural nickname. Molly MacSlaughter.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #62
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
It's Russian for "the world" or, if the accent is heavier, "Peace"- if I recall my Russian (Been a decade since class)...

Mine is just an abbreviation of my old intramural nickname. Molly MacSlaughter.
You are absolutly correct
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 AM   #63
GirlsNotMe

Hee, I love my name. My name in the real world, my real middle name is Gray, and its what I go by, and when AFI's Sing the Sorrow came out, I claimed that their single was referring to me, "Girl's Not Grey."

So, I'm GirlsNotMe. Sometimes my gender is mistaken, but who's keeping score?

I am so clever. Ha.
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #64
TLZ

Not very big thing really. The "story" behind it is very boring(and notleast: geeky).

I had a computer I used to run a websites on, a server. I just called this TLS. (Computers need network-names.) Witch is my initals(my name is Torbjørn Lunde) and a S for server. Later I got a new computer, this one need a name as well. I just used a Z instead of S. Besides (for some reason) I've always liked the lerrs Z, X and Y. (I don't know why. :P)
TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #65
Cele

Cele first derived from rpg to be exact from lord of the rings rpg and meant silver in sindarin.
Then i came to conect it with celeritas which means speed (latin) and used it as a artist's nick since i have a tendency to work slightly to fast.
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #66
Clockwork

I wanted a name that denotes coldness, heartlessness... something devoid of feeling, like a clockwork mechanism.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #67
JCC

The story of my name is an interesting one.

Actually it's boring as hell, but I'll tell it anyway.

I used to be a wrestling fan, and still am to a certain degree. A couple of years ago, I used to like John Cena. *shudders*

So anyways, I went on a forum and put the name John Cena Chain Gang in but only John Cena Chain fit, so I shortened it to JCC after a while and it stuck cause it's damn snappy.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #68
IsThatLatin

It's a line from "Rushmore."
IsThatLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #69
Circle V

My name refers to circle (level) five of Hell in Dante Alighieri's Divina Commedia. Circle five is reserved for the wrathful and sullen, and I associated with that at the time. I've since been promoted to Circle VI.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #70
rawrwithcows

I like to... Rawr with cows?

I actually dont know how I got that.
One day I was just sort of sitting there, and I said rawwwwrrr.
and thought of some sort of cow.
This was an AIM screen name I had for a while, and then I started using it in a lot of stuff... As well as CheapCandlWax. Dont even get me started with that.
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #71
xxkissxmexgoodbye

Ummm well lets see... My real name Axelle.. Well that is hebrew and it means peace... No i am not jewish.. I am a wiccan and a christian... yep... but my screen name for here well it says xxkissxmexgoodbye....
i was listening to lips like morphine by kill hannah and that made me think of it... but then there is my aim screen name.... Lunar Butterfree... that was because my friend has a screen name that says: lunar caterpillar... and i wanted one that said lunar butterfly.. but that one was taken so i did the next best thing and did lunar butterfree which is that butterfly looking thingy from poke'mon.. haha... i really need a life
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #72
Jupetta

Jupetta: A spooky little ghost that seeks revenge on those who abandoned it. *my avatar*
Jupetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #73
alshio

My real name is Alison, but when I was learning my letters I first spelt Alison as Alshio. I forgot that I ever spelt my name like that untill I found some kindergarden books I'd written in and I liked how alshio sounds and looks so I started using it.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 AM   #74
the_ink_bleeds_faster

My name was a random thought I had when I was writing in red pen one summer afternoon.

It was hot and I was sitting in the sun. Well all of a sudden my pen popped and ink was bleeding from the tip. That's how I got my name.

That incident ruined the letter I was writing to my sister, and I had to re-write it. It was a dark red, so it looked like blood. It was in bubbling droplets until the paper soaked it up.