Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #726
Underwater Ophelia

You are an unbelievable idiot.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #727
Angelic Dissonance

Why, because I accidently typed 'metal', and not 'mental'? That's because I was jumped near my home a few weeks ago, and no longer have glasses. Typos happen. You're an idiot.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #728
Angelic Dissonance

[7 min.s later...]

Actually, never mind. You're probably not. You're just a short-sighted bastard, fallen to internet numbness like the other guy with 8,000 posts, or that 30-year old college drop-out in his mom's basement trying to get back at old flames on myspace, or some chatroom. So I occasionally care about the condition of people--maybe not even the people themselves. And just why won't you ever catch me saying to someone, "You, my good sir whom I've encountered no more than twice, really, are a seriously dangerous sort of dunce", just because you didn't feel like reading the entirety of a typical late-night rant, and only took the first sentence to be the total depth of the argument.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #729
Alan

I think it has more to do with any of the following:

Not everyone else likes Twilight. It's almost universally panned and only enjoyed by a big but inconsequential bunch of idiots. That you think EVERYONE likes it reveals a scary lot about the type of people you associate yourself with.

You fucking failed at using a metaphor only Karl Marx succeeded in making, and you used that metaphor in the idiotic misinterpretation everyone, and this time it's justified to say EVERYONE, gives to "opium of the people."

The comment that Twilight somehow appeals specifically to some cryptic subconscious desires of the 90's upbringing makes no fucking sense and tells us ou're trying too hard to sound like an intellectual.

Saying that Dark Shadows sucked is like saying that Lumiere was a terrible director. Context, motherfucker. Don't compare Twilight to it.

I don't think I've ever heard someone hate an entire branch of science. You probably meant herd mentality; if you had said so you would have sounded like any other 'non-conformist' but at least you wouldn't have sounded this stupid.

And you fucking had the nerve to call yourself "artist/sensitive type." You have basically confessed to the world that your testicles haven't dropped.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #730
Alan

[7 min.s later...]

Your other post reveals even more.

First of all, if you notice I have explained why you're an unbelievable by simply deconstructing your post.
You, however, couldn't do anything but try name-calling and expect Ophelia would somehow get hurt by that.

As for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
And just why won't you ever catch me saying to someone, "You, my good sir whom I've encountered no more than twice, really, are a seriously dangerous sort of dunce"
No. The reason we would never catch you saying such a phrase is because your subconscious is smart enough despite your conscious self, that it knows if you ever fucking talked like that in public everyone would beat the shit out of you.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #731
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
It's like Dark Shadows---it actually sucked, what made people like it was that they were searching for a cure to their disease, and people with their own 'diseases' could identify. It gave them this weird, subtle gratification that they were not alone in the world, and there was hope.
This shows a total misunderstanding of what Dark Shadows was about. What, did you see one of the two theatrical release movies that were inspired by the television series and thought that told the whole story?

My mother was faithfully committed to watching that show every weekday for it's entire run, and so I watched it a lot too. Alan is right that context matters ... it was the first daily soap opera type program to deal with classic Gothic horror themes instead of the industry standard of infidelity, crime and scandal. During it's 5 year run, it dealt with traditional monsters like vampires, werewolves, witches and zombies, as well as sci-fi plotlines like time travel and a parallel universe.

And another reason the show is significant is that there is no mention of the supernatural in the show bible, and it looked like a traditional soap opera until the shows creator introduced ghosts after 6 months in what was considered a daring and unprecedented move for daytime television at the time. A year into it's run the vampire Barnabas Collins was introduced, and that's when the show grew significantly in popularity.

Tim Burton was a fan of the series. Johnny Depp was so obsessed with the Barnabas Collins character that he wanted to BE him, and is collaborating with Burton on a feature film adaptation in which he will play Collins.

So, if you actually had spent some time watching the series between 1966 and 1971 (as I did) and watched it in the context of the times it was being aired in, you might still be able to legitimately state your opinion that you didn't care for it. I doubt you would. There was nothing else on the air like it.

But there is no way in hell you can compare it to Twilight. Not being able to recognize the difference between an innovative program that laid the groundwork for many changes in television content for years to come, and a weak, derivative motion picture ... gives people legitimate reason to question your judgment.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #732
Aska

I wasn't surprised at all with Twilight winning basically every award at the MTV Movie awards. Although, the 'Best Movie Award' speech, whoever gave that should get a high five for getting a few profanities through the censors.
Aska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #733
Angelic Dissonance

Well, thank you. That makes a lot more sense. I was miserably sick when I posted this, and I realize that I shoudn't have posted that about Dark Shadows here now. I wish I had been alive to see it.

I meant FIGURATIVELY everyone, not EVERYONE. I wasn't being specific... as stated before, I wasn't thinking clearly. As for Karl Marx, I don't keep up to date on his sayings--I consider the opium of the people to be mass media. Who can say that the vast majority of Americans are not addicted to television? and as part of mass media, both the books and the movies count.

About the 'subconscious desires' thing--if something didn't play on your subconscious desires, you woudn't find it enticing or attractive at all. I DARE you to fall in utter stupid love with a book that didn't play on your deepest motivations. It makes sense. ESPECIALLY when you cosider the social environment of pre-teens growing up in the '90s--including the number of broken families, resulting in a need for companionship and love. You know--the same old scapegoat for kids doing drugs, drinking, and screwing at an early age. I happen to believe that it's true.

And yes--virtually no matter how minds interact en masse, it makes me sick to think about it. Not just herd mentality, but that too, to a point. You know what else people went batshit nuts over? Michael Jackson. Of course, that's entirely different, I know it is. But, my point is that I don't despise something just because everybody else loves it. I like MJ, and Lady Gaga. I do, however, have a natural urge to feel a kind of malaise when I see something get out of control...
I supported Obama, untill literally EVERYONE I overheard loved him. That freaked me out a little bit, and by the time the fever was widespread, I changed my mind. It just doesn't feel right to me when it seems like 90% of people like somethinng TOO MUCH--and I mean feverishy. It wouldn't have been a big deal--if it wasn't a big deal. But it was an enormous deal, and so it felt wrong.
I'm not saying I support anyone else, either... but the fever has died somewhat, now that he's in office.

As for talking like that in public, like I give a shit? I DO talk like that in public! just not overly so, and if they want to do something, they can do it. I can stand it--and dish out, too. You, my freind, must have never been mugged walking home, or jumped behind a projects buiding for NO REASON other than someone got high and decided to beat up an eighth grader. I don't CARE if people want to beat the shit out of me. I've got fists, too, you know.

Now, finally, I'm genuinely sorry for any offense considering the TV series Dark Shadows. I am now aware, in my recovering health, that I had no right to make a reference to such a show, when I had never actually seen it and only read that it sucked in a book, where the author visits a Dark Shadows convention somewhere. It was my mistake, in a moment of foggy thinking. That moment has passed, and I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

One more thing.... I am an artist, and I may not appear to be outwardly sensitive to people who know me, but they know that I am on the inside. This, however, is the internet, a place where I can vent my frustrations and show whatever side of my personality I wish without shame. It does not take nerve to call myself sensitive, especially not on the internet. I am, however, near-sighted. I can be inconsiderate, though I don't mean to be. So to anyone else I have offended at home behind your desktops, I really am sorry. I mean it.
You too, Ophelia. I'm sorry I called you an idiot.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #734
gothicusmaximus

Just wanted to pop in and say how refreshing it is to see that a true blue imbecile, gleefully dense but too soft-headed for trolling, is once again traipsing about gnet.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #735
Ben Lahnger

^^^^^ THIS.

Well, at least the ignore function will now spare my eyeballs all that red.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #736
Angelic Dissonance

I'd hate to see the 'Font Color' function to go neglected... but okay.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #737
Angelic Dissonance

You know, maybe I deserve it..... but still, I'm very hurt by some of this. Yeah, it's just the internet, but that doesn't change it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #738
archduchess

Aside from all the rants I've glanced over, back to the subject at hand...FUCK TWILIGHT. The only morons who believe that the "twilight phenomenon" is true literature are a bunch of pent-up, bored housewives (ex. my aunt, her sisters-in-law, etc.) and TEENAGED GIRLS with an overabundance of hormones. On a whim, I picked up one of the books (uck) and flipped to a random page...based upon a brief scan of the page, I concluded that: 1.) the woman has zero concept of storyline or plot development, and 2.) that the woman has no idea how to build characters which come even remotely close to suspending the reader's disbelief. I concur with Stephen King whom I quote: "She [stephanie meyer] can't write worth a damn."

Her works have NO business being classified as 'vampire literature' and I will admit right now that every time some moron updates the Wikipedia article on the topic to INCLUDE her work, I promptly remove it. I mean vampires that GLITTER IN THE SUN? What fucking planet is she living on? Oh, yes...I remember now. She's a MORMON. Which, according to the woman's own admission, PREVENTS her from writing about or being involved in things which her 'church' deems immoral, overtly sexual, or evil....hmmm. THEN WHY THE FUCK DID SHE attempt TO WRITE ABOUT vampires????? 1.) Vampires are EVIL. 2.) vampires KILL and CONSUME blood as sustenance, 3.) Vampires are creatures of the darkness (in many ways besides the night.) Okay, I will admit that there are MANY MANY different ideologies about the traits, physical abilities, and characteristics of vampires...some authors say no sunlight (Stoker wrote otherwise) some say no human reproductions (others say yes)...which is fine, but the underlying idea amongst people is that they are MONSTERS. And another matter regarding meyer's works....How in the hell can a vampire be a VEGETARIAN??? Are animals plants that grow in the ground? NO. They contain BLOOD and what's more, blood is NOT a plant product! It's like vegetarians who eat eggs and drink milk...BOTH are still animal by-products...HENCE, not vegetables at all...

FUCK TWILIGHT!
archduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #739
HavelockV

Quote:
Originally Posted by archduchess View Post
How in the hell can a vampire be a VEGETARIAN???
In response to your frantic query...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ri/n315572.jpg
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #740
XxCire_StarzxX

Oh my GOD! That book. . . It's so horrid. I can't stand the way all th girls and the hermaphrodite, (Omar and possible Shawn) ooh and awe over it. hey say they WANT their boyfriend to watch them sleep! And SPARKLING vampires? More like SPARKLING shit!

And they call themselves VEGETERIANS? NO, they eat MEAT.

Oh my fucking GOD! I DESPISE, stongly DISPISE those books!
AND also, she uses the word SPARKLING over and over and over AGAIN. HOLT SHIT, THAWOMAN NEEDS A THESAURUS!

Last edited by XxCire_StarzxX; 10-10-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Left some stuff out
XxCire_StarzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #741
Underwater Ophelia

Hahaha what?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #742
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcire_starzxx View Post
oh my god! That book. . . It's so horrid. I can't stand the way all th girls and the hermaphrodite, (omar and possible shawn) ooh and awe over it. Hey say they want their boyfriend to watch them sleep! And sparkling vampires? More like sparkling shit!

And they call themselves vegeterians? No, they eat meat.

Oh my fucking god! I despise, stongly dispise those books!
and also, she uses the word sparkling over and over and over again. Holt shit, thawoman needs a thesaurus!
amen!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #743
XxCire_StarzxX

Yeah. Her overuse of the word sparkle is a true irk to me. i refuse to use that word, unless speaking of her over use of it, and her creepy sparkling, fucktard, shit bag vampires.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #744
Solumina

There is nothing wrong with the work sparkle. Lots of things sparkle, today I cleaned my bathroom and pretty much every surface sparkles. I also have some lovely crystal candle holders that sparkle quite nicely, I'm really rather fond of them. Pretty much all of my jewelry sparkles, and that's just fine by me. I've got sparkly lip gloss, a sparkly belt, a pair of shoes that kind of sparkle (beads not glitter for those wondering), although my favorite piece of sparkle is my engagement ring, it just catches the light so nicely. I'd actually be very sad if I didn't have sparkly things as they really can be quite pretty.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #745
XxCire_StarzxX

[quote=Solumina;639027]There is nothing wrong with the work sparkle. Lots of things sparkle, today I cleaned my bathroom and pretty much every surface sparkles. I also have some lovely crystal candle holders that sparkle quite nicely, I'm really rather fond of them. Pretty much all of my jewelry sparkles, and that's just fine by me. I've got sparkly lip gloss, a sparkly belt, a pair of shoes that kind of sparkle (beads not glitter for those wondering), although my favorite piece of sparkle is my engagement ring, it just catches the light so nicely. I'd actually be very sad if I didn't have sparkly things as they really can be quite pretty.[/QUOTE/]

I like glittery things. But, SMeyers overused the word sparkly. She could have said: Glint, Glitter, Gleam, Shine, Shimmer. Alot of other words to describe. . . Those be-dazzeled creatures. . . (I'm guessing that is how they sparkle)
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #746
Chameleon

Location: In a dorm room that looks eriely like a prison cell. Hmm...
I thought the books weren't all that bad. Well, the fourth one sucked. I almost took it back to the store but couldn't find the reciept. So I read it all the way not wanting to have wasted my perfectly good money. S. Meyer lost touch with Bella and seemed to be dragging the book out. Actually she seems to be dragging the whole Twilight series out. There's the original book series, the movies, the books on making the movies, the fan paraphanalia, the short side stories about minor characters and now there's even a rumor that she might be rewriting the whole series from Edwards perspective starting with 'Midnight Sun'.
Seriously?
How much profit is going to be enough?
Hey S. Meyer, NOBODY cares anymore, take the money you've made and put it to a good use. Like ,oh I dunno, maybe paying for some writing classes or maybe paying somebody to write something half way decent that you can put your name on in the hopes of redeeming yourself.
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #747
Underwater Ophelia

It sucks that the doors here are open again.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #748
TheFeatheredÆtheling

It does "feel" a bit different all of a sudden.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #749
XxCire_StarzxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
I thought the books weren't all that bad. Well, the fourth one sucked. I almost took it back to the store but couldn't find the reciept. So I read it all the way not wanting to have wasted my perfectly good money. S. Meyer lost touch with Bella and seemed to be dragging the book out. Actually she seems to be dragging the whole Twilight series out. There's the original book series, the movies, the books on making the movies, the fan paraphanalia, the short side stories about minor characters and now there's even a rumor that she might be rewriting the whole series from Edwards perspective starting with 'Midnight Sun'.
Seriously?
How much profit is going to be enough?
Hey S. Meyer, NOBODY cares anymore, take the money you've made and put it to a good use. Like ,oh I dunno, maybe paying for some writing classes or maybe paying somebody to write something half way decent that you can put your name on in the hopes of redeeming yourself.
Meh. Bella and Edward irks me. He stalks her. She enjoys it. They are both mary sues. I tried to read the book, but I just could'nt. That peice of shit was too, dispicable. People say "OMG, It's a master peice!" And I'm like ". . . Just drown yourself.". I don't understand WHY people consider that peice of shit literature.

Last edited by XxCire_StarzxX; 10-11-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: my keyboards being a bitch
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #750
scream_qween

Quote:
godslayer jillian: Whoever likes Twilight is either:
a twelve year old that masturbates to linkin' park
or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.
XD i fucking love you!!!!!!!
scream_qween is offline   Reply With Quote